Page 485 of 827 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 12401
    Ultimate Member

But regarding Meghan Markle, she said that she and Harry had a private wedding that was ministered by the Archbishop of Cantebury.

Now, the Archbishop has said that nothing like that happened. It was said the Archbishop does not do private weddings.

Yeah, a whole of "what?" in that interview.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Lewis Hamilton is a 7 time world champion F1 driver. He's probably going to break Michael Schumacher's title record this year, he broke his win record last year. He's black and he's put up with a lot of racism since his karting days. F1 is the ultimate elitist rich white boy sport. His talent is undeniable, but it's kind of hard for me to root for him because he wins so much.
    So u can't root for the 1st multi-title black racer "because he wins so much"?!?!?... In F1 the "ultimate elitist rich white boy sport"?!?

The fact that Lewis is black basically keeps him at underdog status in such a VERY white sport .....I my opinion he remains an underdog until he breaks Michael Schumacher's title record to make him the greatest F1 driver ever.

Lol, it's almost (I said almost bro) as if you do not want him to break that reford, man.

Whatever happened to supporting black excellence?

If anything, we NEED more black people who show mettle and achieve elite merit in irregular fields where black people are never seen let alone achieving championship titles.

Just look at sista Simone Biles in gymnastics....she is a five-time World all-around champion (2013–2015, 2018–19), five-time World floor exercise champion (2013–2015, 2018–19), three-time World balance beam champion (2014–15, 2019), two-time World vault champion (2018–19), a six-time United States national all-around champion (2013–2016, 2018–19). Biles is the 3rd most decorated gymnast on planet Earth.

Gymnastics is also very white and Asian....sistas were said to be physically unqualified due to wide hips and stature back in the day.

We need more of such champions so that more black kids(& the community as a whole worldwide) should just look at only basketball, track sprinting (and any running sport), NFL (or rugby) and boxing as the only options.

On top of that, it always helps black folks think beyond routine to diversify their options not just in sports but also in many other fields.

It's funny howho we blacks say we are good at sports but when you look at the number of sports with many recurring black participants or champions....not that many to be honest.

It's funny howho we blacks say we are good at sports but when you look at the number of sports with many recurring black participants or champions....not that many to be honest.
    No, it is blacks are ATHLETIC. big difference.

"they" stick to certain sports because those certain sports are cheap and you can get by with athletic gifts.

Do you know how expensive stuff like Gynmastics, Tennis, and Golf is? Rich kids get put in those sports the second they show the ability to do a sommersult, hold a racket, or hold a putter. Private lessons. How is a black kid gonna get inspired by Simone when Momma goes to the gymnastics gym in town and find out it costs more than their rent?

You know how much space you need for golf, a gymnastics gym, swimming pool, lacrosse field, hockey rink, soccer fields?

I honestly think American Soccer could be the next big "thing" for black people because in theory, it is just as cheap and easy to play in the poorer communities as basketball. but, it has to be popular enough to get on the radar.

But these "rich people" sports will never take off in the black community unless the black community becomes collectively more wealthy. And this will take generations.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    So u can't root for the 1st multi-title black racer "because he wins so much"?!?!?... In F1 the "ultimate elitist rich white boy sport"?!?

The fact that Lewis is black basically keeps him at underdog status in such a VERY white sport .....I my opinion he remains an underdog until he breaks Michael Schumacher's title record to make him the greatest F1 driver ever.

Lol, it's almost (I said almost bro) as if you do not want him to break that reford, man.

Whatever happened to supporting black excellence?

If anything, we NEED more black people who show mettle and achieve elite merit in irregular fields where black people are never seen let alone achieving championship titles.

Just look at sista Simone Biles in gymnastics....she is a five-time World all-around champion (2013–2015, 2018–19), five-time World floor exercise champion (2013–2015, 2018–19), three-time World balance beam champion (2014–15, 2019), two-time World vault champion (2018–19), a six-time United States national all-around champion (2013–2016, 2018–19). Biles is the 3rd most decorated gymnast on planet Earth.

Gymnastics is also very white and Asian....sistas were said to be physically unqualified due to wide hips and stature back in the day.

We need more of such champions so that more black kids(& the community as a whole worldwide) should just look at only basketball, track sprinting (and any running sport), NFL (or rugby) and boxing as the only options.

On top of that, it always helps black folks think beyond routine to diversify their options not just in sports but also in many other fields.

I can see how you're getting this, but I never said I couldn't root for him. I said that it was hard for me to. When Lewis is in a race, its a given that he's going to podium if he doesn't pole, which he usually does. He is a great talent, will he get that 8th title this season? I would be surprised if he didn't. I am genuinely happy for him and all his success and the way he uses his platform. It's just tough for me to cheer him on is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Just seeing the Grammy Awards winners.

Is it me but it seems it's the same people that win each and every year.

Every awards ceremony, it's the same faces.
    These rewards shows are just this meme

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Do you know how expensive stuff like Gynmastics, Tennis, and Golf is? Rich kids get put in those sports the second they show the ability to do a sommersult, hold a racket, or hold a putter. Private lessons. How is a black kid gonna get inspired by Simone when Momma goes to the gymnastics gym in town and find out it costs more than their rent?

You know how much space you need for golf, a gymnastics gym, swimming pool, lacrosse field, hockey rink, soccer fields?

But these "rich people" sports will never take off in the black community unless the black community becomes collectively more wealthy. And this will take generations.
    A lot of those rich sports are in black communities.

In some cases the Latino community has bought them in like soccer. Red Bird Mall in Dallas has one (that use to be a movie theater) and there is another one by me that was a K-Mart. There is another one further down the street from me.

Covid-19 be DAMNED if those places are not PACKED on any given Saturday and post Dallas Cowboys Sunday.

In other cases sport teams are doing it. MLB wants black kids BADLY. So much they built baseball fields in black areas and keep them up.

One of my schools (Obama boys school) has a lacrosse team. Do NOT ask me how they did that when they were at their original school (that was an elementary school) that had NO fields. Hell that school had ROWING and water polo. Even at their new school I don't see how they do it.

"they" stick to certain sports because those certain sports are cheap and you can get by with athletic gifts.
    Along with they KNOW what they can get away with.

Ultimate Member

Of course-they seek out the biggest attention whores or friends.

Then they wonder why ratings are down.

I don't want to see the NAACP Tyler Perry Awards. All these black folks doing stuff and get ignore.

Or a grammys with folks I NEVER heard of or only heard of them when they act a fool online or do stuff OTHER than music.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Why not use Baseball or Hockey's models? Some of those kids get drafted and can still go to college or the minors. Even if they don't make the NHL or MLB rosters they can still have a long career.
    That model fits the 'amateur collegiate athlete' better than the major sports. NCAA Football is the big bread winner, NCAA Basketball and it's tourney also prop up these institutions. That is BILLIONS of dollars on the backs of mostly young black males, free labor while propping an entire industry. Sounds familiar to me.

Both minor league baseball and hockey have much more robust minor league structures and tbh, those kids most of them are well to do and it's not as a given they will make it to the pros. Tons of travel goes along with it when your in either of these farm systems. Minor league whatever ain't for everybody, specially when you'd be the only brotha and the games aren't quite events. A Long career can definitely be had in MLB over the NFL or NBA but c'mon, that's a lot breaking in ones favor to begin with and the love of the game has to be there to hang in with the business side. IF this is a consideration for a young person, the upside to the NFL and NBA is way more favorable. I am glad there is an undercutting of the NCAA route but you'd be correct in that I'd have some questions too, it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A lot of those rich sports are in black communities.

In some cases the Latino community has bought them in like soccer. Red Bird Mall in Dallas has one (that use to be a movie theater) and there is another one by me that was a K-Mart. There is another one further down the street from me.

Covid-19 be DAMNED if those places are not PACKED on any given Saturday and post Dallas Cowboys Sunday.

In other cases sport teams are doing it. MLB wants black kids BADLY. So much they built baseball fields in black areas and keep them up.
    I don't how BADLY, MLB 'wants' much of anything. Years of neglect in drawing in Black players and this is what you get. Been easier to go to the lower America's and recruit Baseball players and that's where the real MLB money and sponsorship has gone the past 30 years. They might have seen the dearth of neglected Black talent accompanied by now the Dominicans and other Latin players having more of a voice, Now, they feel building a couple dozen ball fields, in as close a proximity of a mostly Urban area as possible hoping to bridge a gap that they let fall away but the other two sports have skyrocketed past baseball and gets worse every year.

Soccer has been around in mostly youth sports strong for about 20 years now and it hasn't really bolstered soccer's appeal in the mainstream yet.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I honestly think American Soccer could be the next big "thing" for black people because in theory, it is just as cheap and easy to play in the poorer communities as basketball. but, it has to be popular enough to get on the radar.

This. You can't play the game if you can't afford the game. For golf and tennis, you need a trainer. For motor sports you need a sponsor.

I love hockey and I wish they would do more outreach to poc than what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This. You can't play the game if you can't afford the game. For golf and tennis, you need a trainer. For motor sports you need a sponsor.

I love hockey and I wish they would do more outreach to poc than what they do.
    my oldest randomly wants to do archery. He's 8.

I was like... ok lol? As long as your not a Hawkeye fan, sure. let's see what we can find.

Found one "set up" at a church... 450 bucks. 9 sessions. Bast have mercy

To quote Public Enemy, "Who gives a f*ck about a g*dd*m Grammy?"

Like the rest of the major awards shows.

I was like... ok lol? As long as your not a Hawkeye fan, sure. let's see what we can find.

Sheesh! For $450 they'd better be training young assassins.

That's probably light too. Let's just say the fo-fitty isn't the biggest hurdle and best believe it's a hurdle. It's them 9 sessions that's the kicker for me. For that commitment of time and money, on some level we all gonna be getting' nice with a bow.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

They can't even give you an even 10? That's a rip off.

Extraordinary Member

My disgust for the Republican party is bottomless.