Page 487 of 828 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 12408
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well there is the pandemic, the demand from the fans and some of the cast and crew. I honestly didn't even think it was real. Apparently Martian Manhunter's in it. I know it'll be long, but I listen to a lot of prog rock, I'll be fine.
    See? Death threats and harassment pay off!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bro, I'm in GA and these Repugs are really digging in on their racism. Dems in Congress needs to pass these voting right laws by any means necessary.

First Blacks then Muslims then Jewish people then Hispanics and now AAPI. We've had each group targeted in some kind of mass killing in the past 7 years. White Supremacy is out of the closet and is now full mainstream.

That idiot Ron Johnson makes stupid racists comments and then claims he's being cancelled. This is all a money play. Republicans have figured out a new way to grift ignorant people.

They make an outlandish statement that they know will get media backlash. Then they play the victim saying that they are being targeted by cancel culture. Next thing you know they're making ads asking for donations to help fight the liberal media, the radical far left and of course cancel culture.

Meanwhile they're on TV giving interviews and writing op-eds on how they are not racist at all and are being silenced.
    They used to dog whistle with racist ****.

They dont even have to do that anymore.

They got the abortion voters on lock. Now they realize they can get the racist voters on lock too and... there are more than they thought!

Then they get voted in, give a tax cut for rich people and... do nothing. At all. Its wild
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BDE as the legendary Yaphet Kotto has left us. One of the best actors of the 20th century

You guys see where the announcer blamed his racist rant on his diabetes?

He claims that his low blood sugar caused him to say things he normally wouldn't say.

He's a dumbass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    People need to really, really, really pay attention to this.

While people are screaming about Pepe LePew and all that, the GOP is quietly bringing back parts of Jim Crow.

The Republican Party have pretty much given up on winning the popular vote because they just.do.not.connect with most people anymore.
    Culture wars are a smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Stacy Abrams is pretty much the reason people are getting big ass stimulus checks right now. Because she was able to get people out to vote

All the Dems have to do is get people to vote. The easier people can vote, the easier there path to victory is.
    Dems gotta do their best to keep promises. They two Democrats that are closet republicans.

Also, they need to clone Stacy Abrams.

Bro, I'm in GA and these Repugs are really digging in on their racism. Dems in Congress needs to pass these voting right laws by any means necessary.

First Blacks then Muslims then Jewish people then Hispanics and now AAPI. We've had each group targeted in some kind of mass killing in the past 7 years. White Supremacy is out of the closet and is now full mainstream.

That idiot Ron Johnson makes stupid racists comments and then claims he's being cancelled. This is all a money play. Republicans have figured out a new way to grift ignorant people.

They make an outlandish statement that they know will get media backlash. Then they play the victim saying that they are being targeted by cancel culture. Next thing you know they're making ads asking for donations to help fight the liberal media, the radical far left and of course cancel culture.

Meanwhile they're on TV giving interviews and writing op-eds on how they are not racist at all and are being silenced.
    Damn, now that you mentioned it....

They used to dog whistle with racist ****.

They dont even have to do that anymore.

They got the abortion voters on lock. Now they realize they can get the racist voters on lock too and... there are more than they thought!

Then they get voted in, give a tax cut for rich people and... do nothing. At all. Its wild
    I think this is the legacy of Trump.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 03-17-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    They shouldn't but too many want to hand wave that away because of some donations.

Like with the comicgate victims-the folks targeted are not going to hand wave that.

Because if we are going to hand wave that because of donations and a few good deed-a LOT of folks should be out of jail.

Because all that did was OPEN the door for others.

What if they don't like the fact a Static movie is coming-do they get to harass and threaten that movie out of existence?

We know folks HATE Redjack's Green Lantern-do they get to act like that and get rid of that book?

Because we know stuff like this attracts certain folks. We spent 4 years dealing with it and now we got voter suppression movements.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I think Fisher will be OK sooner than later, he young enough, he's a good lookin' enough dude- I guess, seems kinda stiff as an actor but I only know him as Cyborg. Yea, he went hard in the paint but it wasn't for nothing. Wheadon is an *******. So are the heads that enabled him. Bad movie experiences are the rule not the exception.
    Tyler Perry will find something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I'm the type that holds grudges and I remember ****. If I've gone as far as to lob a FK YOU! at someone, like I've done to Zack Snyder, then I mean it. I haven't ever sat through the Ultimate version of Dawn of Justice for that reason. The OG was the corniest yet made to look the most serious cape movie I've ever seen. So I still don't understand how a mfka gets a DO-OVER in a movie like this... I put this one on the Pandemic.

And after ALL that said, I'm gonna give it a watch. Mostly likely in increments. I haven't specifically watched any of these CGI cartoons they've been passing as trailers, I don't even know how different this one is going to be. Is that Ukrainian family in the Snyder cut? Is the purple vines gonna be in this cut?

Truthfully and this is no cap, maybe there will be more screen time for Joe Morgan and Fisher. Hopefully we see the Mom too but I doubt it.
    After BvS, I can't deal with Snyder. It will take a lot of good reviews of JL Snyder Cut by folks here for me to sit through another production from him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Culture wars are a smokescreen.
    We have long since PAST smokescreens.

40 hours of throwing fits about Cap Marvel and cutting up Star Wars toys is NOT a smokescreen.

That is the result of folks being FED toxic crap that was never counterdeed.

It's no longer a battle of needing to be diverse. It's a battle of fixing and educating folks.

We are not being toxic (for the most part) we have learned to move on or adapt.

We see a show like Friends NOT have us on the show-we don't get mad-we watch Living Single.

We don't cry about lack of diversity at Marvel-we bring it up to Marvel while we read Bitter Root or Excellence or Spawn.

When we were NOT welcomed at the table-we made out OWN.

The OTHER side who has been pandered to has not learned that.

That is why they throw a fit about a black Storm trooper, Muslim teen, a girl who talks to Squirrels or black woman doing ANYTHING other then be on her back or fighting.

Which leaves those who are open to change at a stand still. 1.5 Trillion is what black folks spend a year. EVERYBODY wants a cut of that. The gators, Trump and the rest don't get that. All this being open is costing them in the long run. That is why so many fight back-they want MONEY and being diverse gets them that.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well there is the pandemic, the demand from the fans and some of the cast and crew. I honestly didn't even think it was real. Apparently Martian Manhunter's in it. I know it'll be long, but I listen to a lot of prog rock, I'll be fine.
    I don't either. I ain't never seen nothing like it though. I want to see Manhunter too.

Tyler Perry will find something for him.
    My first thought too, cept I didn't wanna put it out to the universe like that.

I'm kinda still stuck on the fact that Madea ran interference for a Brittish Prince when him and Megan left the palace. If you saw a TV spot for a Madea goes to London movie you wouldn't have believed something like that got made.

After BvS, I can't deal with Snyder. It will take a lot of good reviews of JL Snyder Cut by folks here for me to sit through another production from him.
    Salute. Damn the pandemic.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

You guys see where the announcer blamed his racist rant on his diabetes?

He claims that his low blood sugar caused him to say things he normally wouldn't say.

He's a dumbass.
    I'll see yours and raise one dumbass.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They shouldn't but too many want to hand wave that away because of some donations.
    People also shouldn't handwave petitions to have Snyder removed before BvS came out and the mockery of his daughter's suicide.

Why the trope of Black-Asian conflict in the face of anti-Asian violence dismisses solidarity
    Jennifer Lee and Tiffany Huang

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/how-w...es-solidarity/

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    BDE as the legendary Yaphet Kotto has left us. One of the best actors of the 20th century
    Homocide: Life on the Streets is one of my favorite shows. R.I.P.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Kanye may be the richest US black man ever right now

https://digesttime.com/2021/03/17/ka...in-us-history/
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Kanye may be the richest US black man ever right now

https://digesttime.com/2021/03/17/ka...in-us-history/
    I hope he has good people around him. With his bipolar disorder, I'd hate to see people try to take advantage of him.