Page 496 of 828 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 12416

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope you laid some towels down to save the sofa and whatnot. ��
    end of spoilers
    Scared the shit out of the kids. That's what I get for dipping my toe in the spoiler pool and pulling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's appropriate that Lumbly was on this show as the first black super soldier seeing as how he was the first black superhero on live-action American television.
    Yep. He was also in an episode of The Chi last season and oddly enough he didn't look nearly as old as they had him looking on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Jason Bernard, and come to find out he passed back in 1996, played in 2 episodes of the 1990 Flash as Desmond Powell who was Nightshade in a flashback story. He was never in costume (if I remember) but those were pretty good episodes and even mentioned (again if I remember right) about people not knowing he was black in the suit.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Scared the shit out of the kids. That's what I get for dipping my toe in the spoiler pool and pulling out.

Yep. He was also in an episode of The Chi last season and oddly enough he didn't look nearly as old as they had him looking on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Jason Bernard, and come to find out he passed back in 1996, played in 2 episodes of the 1990 Flash as Desmond Powell who was Nightshade in a flashback story. He was never in costume (if I remember) but those were pretty good episodes and even mentioned (again if I remember right) about people not knowing he was black in the suit.
    I remember those episodes! He was a Green Hornet type of character ( complete with Gas Gun and Roadster) who had long retired by the time of the Flash.

If I remember correctly he did put on the costume (a Hat, Longcoat and a Hockey mask like thing) again to help Flash out by the end of the ep.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

If I remember correctly he did put on the costume (a Hat, Longcoat and a Hockey mask like thing) again to help Flash out by the end of the ep.
    I thought so too but it's literally been 30 years since I saw that first episode. Crazy thing It's been about 6 months since I finally bought the damn series on DVD but I think I put it in once. It's like if it aint on streaming or the phone my wrist acts like puttin in a physical is work or something.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Falcon/WS is already making some people uncomfortable.

Hopefully they don't take the foot off the gas there.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

What exactly makes them uncomfortable? Because if it's racism, then they should be

Ultimate Member

On Amazon The Truth mini is among the top 10 sellers for Super Hero books. Only Invincible and House of M rank higher.

Sam Wilson trades are slowly moving into the top 100 in teen books as well.

So those trolls can get mad all they like but they can go watch Snyder Cut.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    On Amazon The Truth mini is among the top 10 sellers for Super Hero books. Only Invincible and House of M rank higher.

What does any of this have to do with the Snyder Cut?

Ultimate Member

It seems that some of these folks have apparently lived under a rock for decades and don’t seem to realize that comics have always been political. I’m old enough to remember the Grand Director (when he was still Captain America) going insane and attacking non-white people. That was in the early 1980s and that’s just one example out of several that explored racism back in the day. Captain America (and his related characters) comics have been full on political...seriously, Captain America’s name is kind of a political statement.

We live in strange times. It just like how some guys were complaining about Rage against the Machine and were quickly and sharply reminded that their very first song was “Killing in the name of”. An anti racist police brutality song.

Seriously, if folks are complaining about Falcon and Winter Soldier then they’ll need to buckle up. If they’re going to really go into comic book lore, then there’s a whole lot of stuff coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

[font=georgia]Yep. He was also in an episode of The Chi last season and oddly enough he didn't look nearly as old as they had him looking on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
    Is it really that odd? On Falc & Bucky he's playing a guy who is around 100 years old...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

St. Louis police officers on trial for beating Black undercover detective during protest

St. Louis police detective Luther Hall was brutally beaten while working undercover at a protest against police brutality in September 2017. Now three fellow officers are on trial for the assault, which they claim was a case of mistaken identify. One of the officers already pleaded guilty and admitted to lying on the stand. Lauren Trager, an investigative reporter with CBS affiliate KMOV-TV, joins CBSN AM's Anne-Marie Green to discuss the case.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/video/st-lou...ver-detective/
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-28-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Too bad the FalCap run ended on such a "meh" note. Book had potential, didn't stick the landing at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It seems that some of these folks have apparently lived under a rock for decades and don’t seem to realize that comics have always been political. I’m old enough to remember the Grand Director (when he was still Captain America) going insane and attacking non-white people. That was in the early 1980s and that’s just one example out of several that explored racism back in the day. Captain America (and his related characters) comics have been full on political...seriously, Captain America’s name is kind of a political statement.

We live in strange times. It just like how some guys were complaining about Rage against the Machine and were quickly and sharply reminded that their very first song was “Killing in the name of”. An anti racist police brutality song.

Seriously, if folks are complaining about Falcon and Winter Soldier then they’ll need to buckle up. If they’re going to really go into comic book lore, then there’s a whole lot of stuff coming up.
    They're just the ideological heirs of all the regressive people from past eras. They always complain about media being "biased" or "woke" and tell celebs to "shut up", then say something offensive and whine about their free speech

That's a good thing. I remember reading that the show wouldn't back away from tackling some societal issues.

Good to see they aren't afraid to call out some things.

The video examines the idea of "tolerance" as a middle ground between racism and acceptance. It also touches on anti-Asian racism, particularly the fetishization of Asian women.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Shang-Chi will tackle anti-Asian racism