Page 497 of 828 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 12414

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wonder if Shang-Chi will tackle anti-Asian racism
    Would be kind of funny if they did given the MCU's track record with Asian and Asian-American characters. The shows seem more likely to deal with these topics than the movies (see the recent episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier).

BANNED

Not a chance, if anything being another stereotype-laden kung fu action movie it will just make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Too bad the FalCap run ended on such a "meh" note. Book had potential, didn't stick the landing at all.
    Facts but I’m just thank for what Nick did overall because Sam fans definitely got lucky/dodge bullet by him taken over Rick. Rick at times seemly meant well with both Falcon/Cap & Doc Voodoo but definitely was the wrong writer for both & it mostly definitely showed. Just with DocV got 2nd chance like Falcon did. Falcon series after wasn’t bad it just was cut short & took to many issues to say Sam/Misty were serious couple ( not on/off agin). The series should stated off with them as because now we have to together but no books actively showing it just like with Monica & Adam, & Power man & Ava/WT smh..

Invincible Member

I'd be surprised if it did. If the movie is in production now, the script was probably written a long time ago. And while anti-Asian hate has been going on for awhile, it's only been a hot topic in the mass media recently.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Not a chance, if anything being another stereotype-laden kung fu action movie it will just make it worse.
    We don't exactly know if it will have stereotypes. Yet.

Ultimate Member

Overall the shows do have more time to tackle these subjects. But Black Panther dealt with racism, and Captain Marvel kinda dealt with sexism, so a movie can deal with it.

The character is stereotypical in origin, but I don't think modern Marvel is that tone deaf. The MCU's track record isn't great with Asian characters; just look at what happened to the Ancient One. But that may spur Marvel Studios to strive to do better in the next phases

Bleh.

Can't we just get minorities in movies as leads that are just... great movies first lol?

Not everything has to say stuff.

I'm more worried if an MCU kung fu movie can have good enough martial arts to make it worth it. That is a high bar.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Bleh.

Can't we just get minorities in movies as leads that are just... great movies first lol?

I'm more worried if an MCU kung fu movie can have good enough martial arts to make it worth it. That is a high bar.
    ok but most MCU movies don't say stuff about racism. And a great movie and a movie about racism aren't mutually exclusive,

But I do want the fights to be good

Bleh.

ok but most MCU movies don't say stuff about racism. And a great movie and a movie about racism aren't mutually exclusive,

I agree with both of you.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I agree with both of you.
    Haha! A "both-sider"!

Ultimate Member

Too bad the FalCap run ended on such a "meh" note. Book had potential, didn't stick the landing at all.
    I think Marvel had that story already planned out.

In terms of "sales" Sam's run fell below 20K at issue 19 unlike Cyborg who did it at issue 6.

I would say the passing the mantle back to Steve and Falcon getting his book was mishandled. Of course who knew Rodney Barnes was using Falcon's book as a test run for what became Killadelphia at Image.

Sam was doing what he normally does since he is social worker trying to make peace but a higher being got in the way.

Everyone notice how many new Shang Chi minis are coming out before the movie releases?

Too bad they didn't do this with Black Panther.

BANNED

I can't speak for everyone, but if I never saw another kung fu movie in my life, I'd probably be good.

Some Free Advice...

If you are putting your money down on Disney to even made a pea-sized dent in fighting racism of any type?

You done bet the wrong horse.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Some Free Advice...

If you are putting your money down on Disney to even made a pea-sized dent in fighting racism of any type?

You done bet the wrong horse.
    I don't expect Disney to solve racism, but it can help in some way