Page 205 of 357 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Sigh.

T'Challa brought Wakanda into technological golden age, now rectonned to T'Challa's mother brought Wakanda into technological golden age.

T'Challa was a thot, now rectonned to T'Challa's father was the thot.

Am I the only one who doesn't like where this is going? What's next?
    They had good tech around WWII at least. His mom just started the research that lead to some more Vb tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Obviously something is going to get T'Challa back but how it happens and how the rest of this story plays out remains unknown.

You could say "I bet the good guy wins" to guess the end of any superhero story and you'd be right but it's the path taken to get there that's interesting.
    I'm not the one that said "I find this current volume fascinating in that I have no idea where it's going" lol.

This is one story that really has only one logical conclusion unless we go with the Cville conspiracy theory that Tchalla ain't coming back.

Season 1 was a curiosity how it was going to end because of the government stuff (which was the true conflict, not Tetu). Season 2 was a curiosity how it was going to end because of God stuff (except coates didn't bother answering the question lol).

This season has a pretty definite ending already in place. It is the extra stuff that is a mystery of sorts.

I personally thought Aaron was just making shit up to be dramatic (T'Challa as high priest), but if we can make it make sense, so be it

Aaron is a weird guy, he'll do the AvX and Wolverine crap, but then he'll give BP feats like psi-smack an omega level telepath (Emma), the SW&D story arc, and the current Avengers fellatio-filled (pause) run. He's like a box of chocolates.
    All his writing is like that. It's either great/loved or hated. Rarely seems to have much in between.

Sigh.

T'Challa brought Wakanda into technological golden age, now rectonned to T'Challa's mother brought Wakanda into technological golden age.

T'Challa was a thot, now rectonned to T'Challa's father was the thot.

Am I the only one who doesn't like where this is going? What's next?
    I haven't liked where the BP comic stuff has headed since i read one too many interviews 3 years ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    100% agreed. I'm curious upon t'challa regaining his memories will he want to stay there as opposed to going home. How will manifold, upon getting his memories back, deal with his powers being used to murder so many people? How will he reconcile with these deaths. And what implications will their time in the future have on T'challa's with Ororo and Shuri's budding relationship with Manifold? Finally, why is Bast helping this seemingly evil man do so much evil across the galaxy and how does this tie to her leaving present day Wakanda during the many threats they faced at that time? There are so many questions and I am enjoying seeing where Coates is taking us in finding the answers to these questions.
    Lots of questions.

Of course, it is Coates though. He may just go "i don't know" in a panel and move on lol (season 2). Or have the conflict be solved off panel and still not talk about it (season 1).

Yea he loves himself some thor.

So this Avengers book can be a fairly good 2-3 year arc as long as he's not forced to share.

Or rather, bast help us when the inevitable next big marvel crossover event happens

nick spencer had the keys to the bakery but burnt all the loafs (loaves?) of bread, which was still better than what Bendis did
    I have some bad news for ya man...

"Marvel Announces The War of the Realms"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yea he loves himself some thor.

So this Avengers book can be a fairly good 2-3 year arc as long as he's not forced to share.

Or rather, bast help us when the inevitable next big marvel crossover event happens

nick spencer had the keys to the bakery but burnt all the loafs (loaves?) of bread, which was still better than what Bendis did
    I'm hoping they give Cates that assignment.

I personally thought Aaron was just making shit up to be dramatic (T'Challa as high priest), but if we can make it make sense, so be it

Aaron is a weird guy, he'll do the AvX and Wolverine crap, but then he'll give BP feats like psi-smack an omega level telepath (Emma), the SW&D story arc, and the current Avengers fellatio-filled (pause) run. He's like a box of chocolates.
    A box of gooey milk chocolate.

He's batting below .500 with BP

It's going to be interesting to see how his BP leading the Avengers pans out. I already don't like his Agents of Wakanda idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    A box of gooey milk chocolate.

He's batting below .500 with BP

It's going to be interesting to see how his BP leading the Avengers pans out. I already don't like his Agents of Wakanda idea.
    I still got Aaron as a net positive, because some of the shit he gets dinged bout was somewhat out of control. Some people blame him for the divorce but that was editorial... he just wrote the shitty ass fight lol

SWAD=

Original Sin=

AvX fight=

"Not Him" = site only supports three gifs and it works for this because only BP fans care while no one else remembers (but its a dumpster fire)

Aaron needs to bring it home in the Avengers book. Leading is cool, but I need a decent story adn some feats please

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Aaron's trying to make this "You're the black panther" line of his into the next "because i'm batman" thing.

BP's suit can withstand the heat and pressure of the center of the earth. Dr. Strange "of course it can, bc you're the black panther"

Kazar, a gorilla, and the Wasp tho? Yea, he probably could've done a little better with that Agents of Wakandan lineup...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I still got Aaron as a net positive, because some of the shit he gets dinged bout was somewhat out of control. Some people blame him for the divorce but that was editorial... he just wrote the shitty ass fight lol

SWAD=

Original Sin=

AvX fight=

"Not Him" = site only supports three gifs and it works for this because only BP fans care while no one else remembers (but its a dumpster fire)

Aaron needs to bring it home in the Avengers book. Leading is cool, but I need a decent story adn some feats please
    Granted, SWaD has him rated very high.

That fight scene ate up a lot of that good will though. Even if it was editorial, the fight and dialogue was straight up hot garbage. It almost neutralized SWaD because that was the last thing BP fans remember about Aaron's BP.

How would you rate his Avengers BP so far?

Some good lines, one okay feat. Nothing great other than him being leader.

But like you said, gotta have some good stories and feats to back it up. Every Avengers' leader has had at least one.

Kazar, a gorilla, and the Wasp tho? Yea, he probably could've done a little better with that Agents of Wakandan lineup...
    No Wakandans on the team, not even a poc. Would have been a good time to intro a new Wakandan superhuman.

And what are these Agents of Wakanda supposed to do? There are already Wakandan and Alpha Flight scientist on site and I'm sure BP and Tony put in the best security and defense.

Do they handle social media and answer fan letters?

It sounds cool but not really practical.

Aaron's trying to make this "You're the black panther" line of his into the next "because i'm batman" thing.

BP's suit can withstand the heat and pressure of the center of the earth. Dr. Strange "of course it can, bc you're the black panther"
    If he has BP doing bat-level isht(he was doing it before Batman) Unfans will rise up like zombies. And I'll be loving it.

How would you rate his Avengers BP so far?

Some good lines, one okay feat. Nothing great other than him being leader.

But like you said, gotta have some good stories and feats to back it up. Every Avengers' leader has had at least one.
    The respect for the character is there. A couple decent feats (the feats are held back by the stupid art in the first arc).

It is "ok/solid" but I feel that is more the stories problem than his treatment of BP.

He is treating BP great in relation to the story... the story is the damn problem. The first arc was too chaotic and over the top with over the top art. Only Ghost Rider really came off look special.

He needs to nail an arc with BP being a catalyst as the leader of the team.

No Wakandans on the team, not even a poc. Would have been a good time to intro a new Wakandan superhuman.

And what are these Agents of Wakanda supposed to do? There are already Wakandan and Alpha Flight scientist on site and I'm sure BP and Tony put in the best security and defense.

Aaron gets goofy sometimes. He seems to like goofiness.

His avengers team is filled with serious, non goofy characters.

This feels like his attempt to add in some quirkiness.

I'm hoping the solicits are overstating their role and they are just around for laughs here and there.

Hah!

The idea of AoW was cool in my head when i first read the solicits and had nothing else to go on.

But then i saw the gorilla and kazar, and reality struck me like Rondo's fist to Chris Paul's face

Hah!

The idea of AoW was cool in my head when i first read the solicits and had nothing else to go on.

But then i saw the gorilla and kazar, and reality struck me like Rondo's fist to Chris Paul's face
    Yeah I thought we were getting some HZ/meta/Okoye action instead of.... this lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The respect for the character is there. A couple decent feats (the feats are held back by the stupid art in the first arc).

It is "ok/solid" but I feel that is more the stories problem than his treatment of BP.

He is treating BP great in relation to the story... the story is the damn problem. The first arc was too chaotic and over the top with over the top art. Only Ghost Rider really came off look special.

He needs to nail an arc with BP being a catalyst as the leader of the team.
    That first celestial arc was terrible. And so was the art.

But vibranium-suit BP being able to move freely in the center of the Earth is a durability feat checked off on the Rumble's board checklist; and i mean Rumble Rumble, not me, Rumble. Tho I checked it off on my mental checklist too.

In fact, that's the only thing i remember from that arc. And BP saying he could only fight the horde of monster insects in the center of the earth one vs a thousand for a few hours. But that was more saying than doing so it probably wouldn't be permissable under Rumble (not me) rules.

The art stepped up dramatically in this Namor arc but now we have to see if the story will as well. I agree that the respect for BP is pretty much what we could hope for in an Avengers team book. But it's always about feats tho