Page 212 of 357 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by hbky2j View Post
    very good point

we always talk about T'Challa arsenal/gadget's but what is really annoying is that T'Challa's power level is outdated and makes no since in the context in which he got them if you really think about

T'Challa is supposedly "super powered " by The Panther god "bast" and is only "peak human" basically Captain America level physical stat's

I mean seriously this man T'Challa is a avatar for a god, A protector of a whole civilization, A mystically powered superhero/Warrior and he is only "peak human" or a little above it ? seriously That shit is outdated and lame as hell

other superhero have bin updated with the times to stay badass like batman knowing every martial art's known to man, and basically "quietly" having Black panther,Captain America level physical stat's/ wonder women went from having the style of a superpowered Rhythmic gymnastics to wonder women basically swagger jacking Xena warrior princess hole style/ Aquaman went from talking to fish to controlling sea monsters, wolverine went from having healing factor to literally being unkillable. all of these upgrades and updating made sense in context of who these characters are

i mean spider-man already has formidable power-set just from the radioactive spider bite, web shooter's and genius IQ .... but he get a suit loaded with high-tech gadget and weapons in homecoming to stay a head of the game in cool factor and power ranking even if it mean's crossing over and stepping on other character types toe's

now that T'challa/Black Panther is a big money maker and a pop culture hit hopefully he gets that same treatment
    Egyptian gods do seem to somewhat underpower their avatars. Moon Knight is on the low end of things too.

That said when you're one of the leader of the most technologially advanced nation on the planet, you really don't need a whole lot in the ways of super powers. Gear and tech can compensate for that. Vibranium suit, energy daggers, force push, etc. He's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Also, that cat (hehe) is out of the bag at this point with the MCU going with the HSH version giving low level superhuman powers. No way the comics are changing it now no matter how much sense it makes in the comics.

Yes, KOTD was garbage, always was garbage, always will be garbage, and I'll fight anyone that says otherwise lol.
    You think T'Chadwick will meet MCU Bast?

Or that a completely revamped/reworked KotD will make it's way to the MCU in a later BP or Avengers (secret wars?) movie?

You got shit like IF being a bullet timer and smashing hellicarriers, DD bullet timing acrobatic beat up 100 ninjas stuff.... then you look at cap and BP and go, "ok, so what can you do?" And all they can say is, "I HAVE SOME VIBRANIUM!!!"
    That and posturing. "OMG! he's Captain America!"

Or the new thing now from Jason Aaron: "Well of course _____, because you're the Black Panther!"

I don't follow Cap as much as BP so maybe some of those writers are giving him cool feats, but the current BP scribe(s) outside of Evan have no rumble board mentality at all.
    Biggest travesty in the BP comics. Well, there's a number of travesties that could be made into power rankings, but you get what i mean.

The Russos "get it", even tho they use their powers not necessarily for good but to make their man-crush Steve Rogers look good. But at least they're open to distributing the wealth (the breakout scene you posted) and to give just enough circumstances and happenstance that they can fool casuals into thinking Captain America could really beat Ironman... while those of us indoctrinated into Rumbles Board life can clearly see all the shit they had to put in place to handicap Tony at the end of Civil War.

Cap "holding back" Thanos is another one of those gems the Russos blessed upon general audiences. Coogler should take note and just go ignorant with it in BP 2 lol

Biggest issue I have with the peak human crap in the comics is that peak human barely means a damn thing... because you have regular, trained humans doing the same shit. You can't really tell a difference because the writers of the regular humans throughout the years couldn't stop themselves from doing no regular human shit.

So the lines got too blurred so people like Cap and BP don't stand out as much. They are just in the ambiguous group of "below spider-man"

The MCU doesn't have that same sort of problem because they have made sure to show the difference 99% of the time. That no matter how skilled you are, if you are a regular human and you run up on peak human.... YOU ARE GOING TO GET MURDERED lol. So at least "peak human" actually means something in the MCU and I really really really hope they hold that line as it gets bigger and bigger.

My second biggest issue with how BP is portrayed in the comics physically is that he isn't nearly as acrobatic and agile as he should be. Nor is his martial arts ability played up as much as it should be. Dude has been trained FROM BIRTH to kick ass. He is more stereotypical Spartan than some stereotypical passive monk. Once again, MCU has done better with that. And Pantherjack nails it.
    Basically yeah... anything below Spider-Man, and you really can't tell the difference. Heck, a lot of the time you can't tell the difference between Spider-Man and guys like Daredevil, Cap, or Black Panther. If you're an agile flippy guy, it pretty much all looks the same. Black Panther is the perfect example of that, because from Hudlin to Maebery to Liss to Hickman we saw him go from peak to metahuman to depowered to KotD, and it was basically all the same.

But really, that's why I'd argue there's no reason to bump up guys from peak human to low level meta human. If you look and perform about the same, might as well just stay peak. It actually comes off more impressive if you can do the exact same thing without actually having powers.

Biggest issue I have with the peak human crap in the comics is that peak human barely means a damn thing... because you have regular, trained humans doing the same shit. You can't really tell a difference because the writers of the regular humans throughout the years couldn't stop themselves from doing no regular human shit.

So the lines got too blurred so people like Cap and BP don't stand out as much. They are just in the ambiguous group of "below spider-man"

The MCU doesn't have that same sort of problem because they have made sure to show the difference 99% of the time. That no matter how skilled you are, if you are a regular human and you run up on peak human.... YOU ARE GOING TO GET MURDERED lol. So at least "peak human" actually means something in the MCU and I really really really hope they hold that line as it gets bigger and bigger.

My second biggest issue with how BP is portrayed in the comics physically is that he isn't nearly as acrobatic and agile as he should be. Nor is his martial arts ability played up as much as it should be. Dude has been trained FROM BIRTH to kick ass. He is more stereotypical Spartan than some stereotypical passive monk. Once again, MCU has done better with that. And Pantherjack nails it.
    Good point. When was the last time we saw comics BP just whip like 100 dudes no sweat. Coates tried it in season 1 but that was a failed attempt at showing the push farce.

I mean straight up kicking dudes but left and right no sweat. Don't see that happen too often.

We've seem him fight outside his weight-class which is good but we don't get to see the same kind of take downs like Steve gets(on panel, decisive, no question).

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    That and posturing. "OMG! he's Captain America!"

Or the new thing now from Jason Aaron: "Well of course _____, because you're the Black Panther!"

Biggest travesty in the BP comics. Well, there's a number of travesties that could be made into power rankings, but you get what i mean.

The Russos "get it", even tho they use their powers not necessarily for good but to make their man-crush Steve Rogers look good. But at least they're open to distributing the wealth (the breakout scene you posted) and to give just enough circumstances and happenstance that they can fool casuals into thinking Captain America could really beat Ironman... while those of us indoctrinated into Rumbles Board life can clearly see all the shit they had to put in place to handicap Tony at the end of Civil War.

Cap "holding back" Thanos is another one of those gems the Russos blessed upon general audiences. Coogler should take note and just go ignorant with it in BP 2 lol
    We need Coogler to direct Avengers 5.

BP can put hands on the Silver Surfer. Arm bar him in the movie. Let the world explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good point. When was the last time we saw comics BP just whip like 100 dudes no sweat. Coates tried it in season 1 but that was a failed attempt at showing the push farce.

I mean straight up kicking dudes but left and right no sweat. Don't see that happen too often.

We've seem him fight outside his weight-class which is good but we don't get to see the same kind of take downs like Steve gets(on panel, decisive, no question).
    Also good thing MCU does! lets peak humans beat up on goons lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Agreed. I'd argue that every day at HEF and anywhere else

Spider-man is the ultimate tweener and so is Black Panther. Too powerful for regular grunts but not exactly beating Hyperion in a one on one fight either. Which is why characters like Rhyno (super strong but one dimensional), Lizard, etc compliment SM well. Plus BP's calling card is also his speed and agility (and claws), more so than it is for, say, Cap; so while he shouldn't be quicksilver/flash, i feel he and spidey being neck and neck feels more... right.
    I agree that goons like goonslam gary should get bodied all day every day by T'Challa, Evans, Redjack and MCU have nailed down T'Challas strength level. Personally I would be ok with Tchalla being below Spidey strength wise, (say somewhere between 10-25 tonner max) but back to Stan's original idea that Tchalla is the fastest hero behind Quicksilver. T'Challas specialties include: fastest nonspeedster, master acrobatic Martial artist behind maybe shangchi, fights above his weight class, unorthodox fighter who dismantles his opponents and puts them on equal footings, tech is "basic" but matters, think Priest rather then Hickman but his tech has multiple uses rather then having a ton of different tech.

I like that Tchalla can go from street level stories up to cosmic and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I agree that goons like goonslam gary should get bodied all day every day by T'Challa, Evans, Redjack and MCU have nailed down T'Challas strength level. Personally I would be ok with Tchalla being below Spidey strength wise, (say somewhere between 10-25 tonner max) but back to Stan's original idea that Tchalla is the fastest hero behind Quicksilver. T'Challas specialties include: fastest nonspeedster, master acrobatic Martial artist behind maybe shangchi, fights above his weight class, unorthodox fighter who dismantles his opponents and puts them on equal footings, tech is "basic" but matters, think Priest rather then Hickman but his tech has multiple uses rather then having a ton of different tech.

I like that Tchalla can go from street level stories up to cosmic and everything in between.
    Cosign %100. I'm more invested in the speed/quickness than I am in the strength. So yea, Spidey can have the deadlift records but I want BP doing that anime ish where he's so fast and quick you pretty much gotta be quicksilver like to grab him.

I actually wouldn't harp so much about the tech stuff if he had the spidey-like stats that you and others have proposed. The intent imo is that he needs to be firmly established as a tweener, whether that be through tech, or physical attributes, or ideally a combo. But the half assedness of both irritates me.

And so does regulating him to being a Cap clone when he's much more fun if his name sake abilities has him pouncing around more like spidey

We need Coogler to direct Avengers 5.

BP can put hands on the Silver Surfer. Arm bar him in the movie. Let the world explode.
    Wakandan jit jitsu >>>> the power cosmic

I dont see the problem

We could have seen a Wakandan style outfit for Bucky in Infinity War

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Probably the closest thing has been Evans run with doombots, Coates Cap issue kinda did and this S3 of BP Coates has done a better job of it.. but this is after the failures of S1&2 especially S1. Which was made worse by the fact that Coates tried to play off why he was getting tagged by saying he was fighting Wakandans so he was holding back (forgetting his own continuity in regards to the people where not Wakandan) ad his excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    We could have seen a Wakandan style outfit for Bucky in Infinity War

It probably makes sense he would be wearing Wakandan clothes after a certain point. I can't imagine the guy carried around too many changes of clothes when he went to Wakanda.

Peak humans in comic books are really weird, because of how inconsistent their feats are and writers and editors never seen to be interested in giving then clear limits. You have guys like Vargas in X-Treme X-Men who call himself a "Peak Human" but he is definetly in another class level than Cap, BP and Wolverine who are also classified like that.

And of course you also had Batman who is supposed to be an ollympic level athlete at best, but his feat put him more in the CBPH class.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Peak humans in comic books are really weird, because of how inconsistent their feats are and writers and editors never seen to be interested in giving then clear limits. You have guys like Vargas in X-Treme X-Men who call himself a "Peak Human" but he is definetly in another class level than Cap, BP and Wolverine who are also classified like that.

And of course you also had Batman who is supposed to be an ollympic level athlete at best, but his feat put him more in the CBPH class.
    Comics do tend to make non meta humans seem pretty darn super human. For the life of me I could never understand how Kingpin isn't superhuman. But the official line is that he's human... not even peak human but just human. He seemed way stronger than Red Skull when they fought while Skull was in a clone body of Cap. The fact that he can even go a fraction of a second against Spider-Man never made any sense (though in the least marvel goes out of their way to highlight that Peter holds back against non metas).

But I think marvel has such an ingrained love for the street level guys, that they can't help but showcase them as well as they do.

Cosign %100. I'm more invested in the speed/quickness than I am in the strength. So yea, Spidey can have the deadlift records but I want BP doing that anime ish where he's so fast and quick you pretty much gotta be quicksilver like to grab him.

I actually wouldn't harp so much about the tech stuff if he had the spidey-like stats that you and others have proposed. The intent imo is that he needs to be firmly established as a tweener, whether that be through tech, or physical attributes, or ideally a combo. But the half assedness of both irritates me.

And so does regulating him to being a Cap clone when he's much more fun if his name sake abilities has him pouncing around more like spidey
    I have said it before about how I would break down T'Challas Tech to simply it to where he ain't Ironman whipping Tech out of his ass but building on the baseline Priest laid out with Multiple uses.

Daggers stun/kill setting > Ewing's ultimates Carol level blasts that can shoot like darts
    Microweave bullet proof stab proof tanks cosmic blasts and hits from Namor and the hulk (those last three T'Challa will feel though) > Force push in straight line or Omni wave, can be used to augment strike's, or Evans style in placing guantlets on a Target to expend the energy in a devasting blast.

Kimoyo beads > MCU version

Energy damp boots, stores excess Kinectic energy to help prevent overload.

Antimetal claws > get some damn feats Already

Truly T'Challa should be James Bond meets Ninja who puts the fear of Bast Into his prey. I mean this should be the face of all those who T'Challa is chasing