Page 278 of 357 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    So you think no showing, where we lose diversity on the team is better? Again, we can agree to disagree. I liked the fact that a young black girl is on the team. It just makes sense for a Wakandan to join.
    That would depend on how she is treated by the writer.

I'm more concerned that a group of kids are going to travel the multiverse with only DragonMan for protection.

Another thing I noticed is that Wakanda didn't help Thundrball fight recidivism. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That would depend on how she is treated by the writer.

I'm more concerned that a group of kids are going to travel the multiverse with only DragonMan for protection.

Another thing I noticed is that Wakanda didn't help Thundrball fight recidivism. Lol
    I thought her and the rest of the future foundation were used well enough up to this point. Again, they helped save the multiverse and argaubly did more to resolve the crisis than a good portion of the adult heroes. They weren't used a LOT... but I don't think there's a whole lot to complain about so far. If the worse thing we can say about them is they don't want to return home I don't think that's really a deal breaker. Again, a lot of characters in fiction choose to explore the world or the universe if they have the opportunity.

As far as the future goes, who knows. They may end up in limbo. Or they may be used badly. Could happen. I still don't feel adding a young Wakandan girl to the Future Foundation is an inherently bad idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He really likes your T'Challa, Hunter and Kilmonger. Those are his favorite characters.

It's interesting how he wrote the story (again it's a basic 6 year old story, but how he narrated the story dialogue instantly your version is in his mind) and he talks about your show and is always asking if it's Sunday yet.. I truly hope fans and families all over the world watching your show experience this. As it's an awesome feeling
    i want this to be one of those shows that kids talk about in college when they're talking about their favorite geek stuff.

Know what? Nevermind not going to bother
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-25-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Late to the convo about Onome. I have the book where she joins the Future Foundation and have pretty much every Hickman F4 and FF issue until his run ended. She really didn't do much and was seldom seen. I guess this issue was a reminder that she was on the team and the scene was there to have T'Challa say something.

As so many have said, diversity is meaningless if you don't do anything with the characters.

It's like all those McDonald commercials(they aren't the only one) where a group of friends are hanging out and there's that one black character among them to add "diversity". The most the get to do is smile and eat a fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i want this to be one of those shows that kids talk about in college when they're talking about their favorite geek stuff.
    It also has plenty of moments where you go, "WTF? Did you see that move he just did??

So you think no showing, where we lose diversity on the team is better? Again, we can agree to disagree. I liked the fact that a young black girl is on the team. It just makes sense for a Wakandan to join.
    When the showing is tokenism and faux diversity to fill a quota and there is no actual substance other then shade? Hell yeah no showing is better

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    He loves it. He had a little friend over for a playdate and asked if there was a New Black panther episode abd was ready to stop playing so he could show his friend and watch it...

Needless to say, this family Is hooked.

I just thought I would share that with you as I think that's the reaction you want to hear about

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    spoilers:
    I've been watching for 40 years. You need any help, drop me a line.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Thoughts on yu yu hakusha? i tried the first 3 eps and was bored to tears, but this comes after watching MHA and HxH, both i enjoyed immensely. How does it stack up to those shows once it finally gets going? Right now, YYH remains that show i remember seein toonami commercials for while i waited for dbz to air back in '99!
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Yes it is BETTER and ACCEPT that backlash from it.
    That was PURE tokenism.

See if a writer is not interested of can't be bothered to use a POC beyond plot device, background work or cameos to claim diversity-keep those POC out of the book.

Because all you are doing is making a POC uninteresting to other writers and especially FANS-some of whom will no issue attacking said POC. If someone tries anything with them or they get death fodder duty in books because someone HATES the franchise they are linked to.

References include-
    Hotspot in Heroes in Crisis & Sideway
    John Stewart in Green Lantern
    Duke Thomas in Batman
    Vixen in Justice League
    Cyborg in Justice League
    Any black male in X-Men
    Gentle in X-Men
    Storm in X-Men sometimes
    Prodigy in Antman
    Prodigy in America
    Rayshaun Lucas (Patriot) in Marvel Rising comic (he was on the covers NEVER in the books)
    Static in Terror Titans
    Static in Hawkman
    Static in Teen Titans (New 52)
    Supergirl's boyfriend-Ben in Titans
    Jason Rusch since the second half of New 52 Firestorm until he was retired.
    Mettle in Avengers Arena
    Aqualad in Teen Titans
    Black Panther in his own book at times

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    spoilers:
    Thoughts on yu yu hakusha? i tried the first 3 eps and was bored to tears, but this comes after watching MHA and HxH, both i enjoyed immensely. How does it stack up to those shows once it finally gets going? Right now, YYH remains that show i remember seein toonami commercials for while i waited for dbz to air back in '99!
    end of spoilers

It's from the same guy who wrote HxH. It starts slow to trick you like it's a normal kids Shonen. But by the end of the first mini arc and start of second, it gets cooking. And don't get me started me on their tournament. I try to watch it once per year. The dub is acceptable to watch too.

He loves it. He had a little friend over for a playdate and asked if there was a New Black panther episode abd was ready to stop playing so he could show his friend and watch it...

Needless to say, this family Is hooked.

I just thought I would share that with you as I think that's the reaction you want to hear about

i truly can't tell you how much this means to me.

it's a LOT. A lot LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    YYH starts out pretty slowly, but fairly quickly ditches the monster of the week format for something that's more traditionally battle shonen. Lots of castle sieges and tournaments.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes it is BETTER and ACCEPT that backlash from it.
    That was PURE tokenism.

See if a writer is not interested of can't be bothered to use a POC beyond plot device, background work or cameos to claim diversity-keep those POC out of the book.

Because all you are doing is making a POC uninteresting to other writers and especially FANS-some of whom will no issue attacking said POC. If someone tries anything with them or they get death fodder duty in books because someone HATES the franchise they are linked to.

References include-
    Hotspot in Heroes in Crisis & Sideway
    John Stewart in Green Lantern
    Duke Thomas in Batman
    Vixen in Justice League
    Cyborg in Justice League
    Any black male in X-Men
    Gentle in X-Men
    Storm in X-Men sometimes
    Prodigy in Antman
    Prodigy in America
    Rayshaun Lucas (Patriot) in Marvel Rising comic (he was on the covers NEVER in the books)
    Static in Terror Titans
    Static in Hawkman
    Static in Teen Titans (New 52)
    Supergirl's boyfriend-Ben in Titans
    Jason Rusch since the second half of New 52 Firestorm until he was retired.
    Mettle in Avengers Arena
    Aqualad in Teen Titans
    Black Panther in his own book at times
    As far as I can tell, there's not a whole lot of backlash against the character, so I don't think we have too much to worry about.

As far as I can tell, the biggest criticism against her is that she's interestined in staying with the Future Foundation... hardly a deal breaker if you ask me.

When the showing is tokenism and faux diversity to fill a quota and there is no actual substance other then shade? Hell yeah no showing is better
    What's faux about having a Wakandan on the team? What about that doesn't make sense, or is inherently wrong?

If seriously the only shade against her is that she wants to stay in the group rather than leave it, then I don't see the problem. None of the team seem to want to leave the group. They've done a lot of good and are allowed to explore the universe, something I imagine a lot of scientists would be interested in doing.

If you seriously believe wanting to continue on with the group is an attack on Wakanda, I think you're trying to hard to find something wrong. None of the american kids seem interested in leaving either... but I don't think any of us interpret that as an attack on the US. It's like watching Dr. Who and wondering why the companions hate the UK so much. They probably DON'T... it's just seeing the universe sounds prettty cool.