Page 314 of 357 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Yea I got to say I really like BP dash around as a blur in the show, especially during that Thor fight. It's something that can obviously work easily like that in a cartoon, but I'd love and have always loved speed being of emphasis to T'Challa's enhanced stats (as well as his senses of course).

He's inspired by a cat, and they're known for their fast reflexes, speed and agility. That should be T'Challa's focus. Really my ideal T'Challa is the Sambisa forest fight in the film plus almost everything Redjack has put in the cartoon. T'Challa should feel like he's a predator hunting his prey when it comes to goons, especially in a dark places. Using speed, agility, stealth and heightened senses all at once. When it comes to one-on-one fights, all the Redjack stuff is what I want to see plus EMH, MCU and Redjack stuff.
    All the technology, all the cunning, and all the physical attributes that separate him from regular peak humans (b/c being able to see in the dark or sniff a fart from a mile away is cool, but not as cool as super panther speed and agility, for the kiddos), all rolled into one bad ass package.

The only problem is that you gotta give him better villains than goon slam gary.

Damn... that's a tough trade off. We gotta be sure this is the path we really want to go down...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We won't get to 80,000 posts like that, lol.
    "Most tweeted movie in 2018"

"Most msg board'ed superhero for 5 years running cotdamn it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Exactly. There is no "issue" with him having speed/agility, other than lazy/conservative writing

As i've stated and as the facts showed in BP vs Thor (and BP in Thorne's show in general, including the Kraven fight), T'Challa being able to turn on the jets and go super speed panther style is in no way detrimental to storytelling, and only enhances it.

At worst, it makes creators have to step their game up and raise the level of competition to T'Challa. God forbid.

i.e. BP used his energy shield to protect Shuri from Thor, otherwise he was zipping around using his panther speed to close in on Thor, to go offensive. Imagine that, T'Challa using diverse array of abilities competently for challenging scenarios from a well-thought out creator. I know these are challenging times for those stuck in the old ways but the 2nd half of Panther Quest starts in January; in time we'll all get used to this T'Challa. Hold on to your butts
    This the Panther we've been begging for in the comics. Genius with superb fighting skills, super-fast reflexes, excellent tactical abilities.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen this guy in his own comic for some time. Most times his abilities are downplayed to make lesser opponents seem more dangerous than they really are.

All the technology, all the cunning, and all the physical attributes that separate him from regular peak humans (b/c being able to see in the dark or sniff a fart from a mile away is cool, but not as cool as super panther speed and agility, for the kiddos), all rolled into one bad ass package.

The only problem is that you gotta give him better villains than goon slam gary.

Damn... that's a tough trade off. We gotta be sure this is the path we really want to go down...

"Most tweeted movie in 2018"

"Most msg board'ed superhero for 5 years running cotdamn it!"
    I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: He needs a Sinister Six. He needs villains that forces him to use all of his skills, intellect included.

As far as getting to 80,000 posts, I'm not worried. Some will make sure we get there.

T'Challa's a meta.

Heart-shaped herb makes him the physical equivalent of Captain America. Even without the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: He needs a Sinister Six. He needs villains that forces him to use all of his skills, intellect included.

As far as getting to 80,000 posts, I'm not worried. Some will make sure we get there.
    He's the King of the most technically advance nation on earth. He's not just Spider-Man out there on his own. Pit him against an organization like the Shadow Council or something similar that would require the full might and resources of Wakanda
    The J-man

Exactly. There is no "issue" with him having speed/agility, other than lazy/conservative writing

As i've stated and as the facts showed in BP vs Thor (and BP in Thorne's show in general, including the Kraven fight), T'Challa being able to turn on the jets and go super speed panther style is in no way detrimental to storytelling, and only enhances it.

At worst, it makes creators have to step their game up and raise the level of competition to T'Challa. God forbid.

i.e. BP used his energy shield to protect Shuri from Thor, otherwise he was zipping around using his panther speed to close in on Thor, to go offensive. Imagine that, T'Challa using diverse array of abilities competently for challenging scenarios from a well-thought out creator. I know these are challenging times for those stuck in the old ways but the 2nd half of Panther Quest starts in January; in time we'll all get used to this T'Challa. Hold on to your butts
    Nah. Keep the speed if it is at the detriment of his durability. I mean yeah he should have both but writing a character as having to dodge things with speed general means the character can't take a hit. I will pass on Black Panther being knock out and damage by small arms and that is what is going happen to be emphasize when focus on speed. For T'challa to be shown as an all arounder(which is what you want) you can't worry about his speed being shown at peak levels. Plus I rather not have the "Flash problem" magnified what is flash problem it is when someone who has no way in the world to be able to hit flash has to hit him for the story to be interesting.

Yeah you loved how fast he looked against Thor, How is Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Iron Man able to hit him then? How fun is fights when realistically no should be able to keep him in their sights or hit. The idea of uncompromised power fantasy seems fun until you have write or see a basic story and see the character challenged. M'baku, Tiger Shark and some henchmen are all able to hit T'Challa none them are "speed tier" of T'Challa. How much is fun is a cartoon of nobody but maybe White Wolf,Killmonger and Captain America being able to land a punch on Black Panther. Extreme Speed is actually detrimental to storytelling.

Class pay attention some of this is going to be on the test...

Get Hectic!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    T'Challa's a meta.

Heart-shaped herb makes him the physical equivalent of Captain America. Even without the suit.
    Yep, with the senses of Wolverine and a mild healing factor. Honestly, it's part of the reason I find his Vibranium costume to be a little on the dull side. I get why it makes sense for him to have it, but it's just one more thing to power him up when his skills and powers already make him an interesting fighter.

Not that I was complaining when I saw him hit by strafing fire in Civil War.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yep, with the senses of Wolverine and a mild healing factor. Honestly, it's part of the reason I find his Vibranium costume to be a little on the dull side. I get why it makes sense for him to have it, but it's just one more thing to power him up when his skills and powers already make him an interesting fighter.

I agree with you. The vibranium costume does defeat some of the flare to what T'Challa could be. I also think that having the senses should be more of a niche' for him. It's a really underestimated powerset but there are so many great and interesting things that can be done with it.

However, I imagine that it may be one of those things that they didn't want to over due since Daredevil is the king of that power set. *Shrug*
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Hope to see this soon either in live action or in the animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

I think it is fine now that Black Panther is in the "Big Leagues", On rumbles board I like to make fun that this Avenger teams has gotten beat down from Sentry,Hulk and Namor but those are heavy hitters. I expect as leader of the Avengers he will run into Thanos,Graviton, Celestials, Galactus, Dr Doom, etc. The suit is thing that makes you never think twice does he belong here in scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Nah. Keep the speed if it is at the detriment of his durability. I mean yeah he should have both but writing a character as having to dodge things with speed general means the character can't take a hit. I will pass on Black Panther being knock out and damage by small arms and that is what is going happen to be emphasize when focus on speed. For T'challa to be shown as an all arounder(which is what you want) you can't worry about his speed being shown at peak levels. Plus I rather not have the "Flash problem" magnified what is flash problem it is when someone who has no way in the world to be able to hit flash has to hit him for the story to be interesting.

Yeah you loved how fast he looked against Thor, How is Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Iron Man able to hit him then? How fun is fights when realistically no should be able to keep him in their sights or hit. The idea of uncompromised power fantasy seems fun until you have write or see a basic story and see the character challenged. M'baku, Tiger Shark and some henchmen are all able to hit T'Challa none them are "speed tier" of T'Challa. How much is fun is a cartoon of nobody but maybe White Wolf,Killmonger and Captain America being able to land a punch on Black Panther. Extreme Speed is actually detrimental to storytelling.
    The whole speed blitz thing is largely for the canon fodder. Against Hydra Agents or whatever, a Spider-Man or a Black Panther can speed blitz people and take them out before anyone can blink.

But against a real opponent, obviously the fight won't be that simple. The REAL villains the hero fights will be a challenge, because that's obviously the point. If the villain flat out can't beat the hero, then the story needs a different villain. So a M'Baku or a Killmonger will be able to at least keep up with T'Challa, even if henchmen 32 or whatever gets dropped before he even see's T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Hope to see this soon either in live action or in the animated series.

I gotta say that scene still bugs be a little to this day.

T'Challa essentially goes nuts on Namor over something he was going to do 30 seconds ago.