Page 354 of 357 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357 LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In their defense, I've seen many a fan demand that the ethnicities and/or orientations line up to write a character.

Coates looks good on paper, but who would have thought instead of doing sociopolitical stuff, he'd go full X-Men...in Black Panther?
    I had my concerns from the beginning. Sadly, every single one of them proved accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I had my concerns from the beginning. Sadly, every single one of them proved accurate.
    You, BCB, Victor Freeman and a few others were bringing up concerns before the very first issue came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You, BCB, Victor Freeman and a few others were bringing up concerns before the very first issue came out.
    The benefit of experience. I've been reading comics over 40 years now...

Mighty Member

I wanna Tiger Shark action figure from the Pantherjack series. Cause if I can get Tiger Shark, that means I already have all the others.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In their defense, I've seen many a fan demand that the ethnicities and/or orientations line up to write a character.

Coates looks good on paper, but who would have thought instead of doing sociopolitical stuff, he'd go full X-Men...in Black Panther?
    Tim Seeleys Blade book ended up not happening due to criticism over an all white creative team, so race/ethnicity apparently can be an issue under certain circumstances.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Tim Seeleys Blade book ended up not happening due to criticism over an all white creative team, so race/ethnicity apparently can be an issue under certain circumstances.
    Well, thank God we still got that Howard Chalkin Blade series. That didn't suck, did it...?

...sigh

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I still can't believe that it was Marvel that had to cosign on his pitch to them. It's like they never went beyond ...Well we have this black character, and you are a black person ...so, whatever happens will be great...!!??!! All I want to do is wait out Coates and pray that the steaming pile he is shoveling is eventually dumped along with having the stench washed away by a writer with vision, structure and purpose to make Black Panther Marvel's top book cause that should always be the end game anyway.
    Well to defend Marvel-all of Panther's success came under a BLACK WRITER. It's hard to want to veer from that (aside from Liss's run in Daredevil) when two black guys did what no one else could provide 11 straight years of a solo starring a black guy. Excluding Spawn-last time we saw that under the big two it was Luke Cage (and Ironfist) in the 80s.

The concept it a POC or LGBT or women will put up a better EFFORT than a white straight male writer in a book with those types.

While Priest & Hudlin proved that. You still had the likes of Eric Wallace (Mr Terrific) and Felicia Henderson (don't call yourself a Static fan and get his name wrong TWICE in your book).
    While you look at Moon Girl, Miles Morales, Miguel O'Hara, Cassandra Cain & X-23-whose writers were white males and the success they had.

In both cases it comes down to what YOU the reader & the Editor are looking for.

Look at Milestone-while folks will ONLY point out the founders and a certain group will accuse the company of being black only. Yet data does not lie.
    Static had 2 black writers. Robert Washington & Joseph Illidge. 3 female writers. 2 LGBT of color writers. Everyone else was white.
    Matt Wayne (McDuffie's high school classmate and WHITE) wrote Kobalt, Heroes, Shadow Cabinet & most of Hardware.
    More white folks wrote those books than POC. All the POC were artists or behind the scenes staff.

And another reason folks want the creative team to match the character is there is a HIGHER shot of the support cast being diverse.
    Which off the top of my head is not really true. It's more of a draw because I can't think of a minority lead book with a white writer that was NOT diverse support cast.

Bro, I hope so too. At least give him a mini/maxi series or something. I'd just give Redjack creative control over BP.

We have 2+ underwhelming years of BP with a lot of bad minis thrown in.

With Rise, Killmonger and BP vs DP we're starting to get some better stories plus we have a hit TV show. It's time the solo to get on board with the rest.
    I mean, if marvel is dead set on having Coates stay for 5 seasons, then just make a second ongoing and let Redjack cut loose:

Marvel Knights Black Panther

Seems like they are reviving the line so why not give Redjack his due

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, if marvel is dead set on having Coates stay for 5 seasons, then just make a second ongoing and let Redjack cut loose:

Marvel Knights Black Panther

Seems like they are reviving the line so why not give Redjack his due
    I was thinking the same thing.

The big problem would be two types of Panthers running around: The Bland Panther and The Black Panther. No consistency.

I say give Coates the Shuri solo and Redjack take BP.

The big problem would be two types of Panthers running around: The Bland Panther and The Black Panther. No consistency.

That is true, however, if Spidey can have multiple books going at the same time I don't see why T'Challa can't. Coates seems dead set on keeping T'Challa secluded from the MU, so Redjack could have him interacting with the rest of world (especially since his pitch ended with T'Challa leaving Wakanda for a time) at this point I wouldn't even care, I just want to see Muh T'Challa in an ongoing. Coates can tell his Wakandans in space, I want the REAL Black Panther that we saw this year on the big and small screen

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That is true, however, if Spidey can have multiple books going at the same time I don't see why T'Challa can't. Coates seems dead set on keeping T'Challa secluded from the MU, so Redjack could have him interacting with the rest of world (especially since his pitch ended with T'Challa leaving Wakanda for a time) at this point I wouldn't even care, I just want to see Muh T'Challa in an ongoing. Coates can tell his Wakandans in space, I want the REAL Black Panther that we saw this year on the big and small screen
    Oh, I would love 2 BP ongoing solos. I just don't want Coates as the other writer.

BANNED

Do you hate Shuri?

Coates has no business being anywhere near anything BP related.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 12-29-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Oh, I would love 2 BP ongoing solos. I just don't want Coates as the other writer.
    I agree I don't either, however I don't want to wait 2 + years to get my T'Challa in the comics either

I' m flattered, guys, but they'd need to reboot 616 for any of my ideas to work in current continuity. I would love a Marvel ANIMATED Universe Black Panther book to write though. Also, the only thing Reg did that I DIDN'T like was the Storm marriage. I understand his reasons and they're legit but it wasn't what I would have done. So, with me, she'd be history. That would put a hurt on a lot of fans. I don't like doing that.

Also, I'd like to write a Storm book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Do you hate Shuri?

Coates has no business being anywhere anything BP related.
    Ha! No my bro, I don't hate Shuri. I must apologize for trying to saddle her with that baggage.