Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1688

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    We don't know. We'll find out.

It's just supposed to be BIG.
    I think the only thing the writers have mentioned is that it's supposed to be the X-Men's own legacy coming back to bite them. What that implies is unclear, but we know both Legion and Nate Grey are involved, so maybe they are meant to be the X-Men's legacy.

BANNED

I hope this isn't going to be another big overhyped 'relaunch'.

Everytime they relaunch something like Red, Blue, Gold the stories were boring most of the time so were most of the returns of Prof X, Wolverine, Jean Grey etc.

The only interesting stories were miniseries such as Extermination, Psylocke became white again, New Mutants: dead souls and of course, the sex scene between Pyrostar and Iceman.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 11-06-2018 at 03:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I hope this isn't going to be another big overhyped 'relaunch'.

Everytime they relaunch something like Red, Blue, Gold the stories were boring most of the time so were most of the returns of Prof X, Wolverine, Jean Grey etc.

The only interesting stories were miniseries such as Extermination, Psylocke became white again, New Mutants: dead souls and of course, the sex scene between Pyrostar and Iceman.
    I think there are wheels in motion for sure. I mean, even beyond Uncanny X-Men and the Age of X-Man (which involves Legion AND X-Man), we’ve got a new status quo for Magneto and Emma Frost, an unresolved issue with the New Mutants team that’s begging for a follow up series, a new X-Force run, Wolverine & Jean & Xavier & Madrox & (maybe) Cyclops back, Psylocke back to her Britsh body and the reemergence of Kwannon, a push for Juggernaut, Mojo & Apocalypse, the exit of the O5 and Old Man Logan, a potentially closing of the school, and the conclusion to a bunch of current titles. And I bet I’m still missing some big things here.

Everything points to a fresh start for the X-Men, and I’m all for it. This last wave had its moments, but it was messy and at times unoriginal. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Just as a sidenote, I feel like Excalibur has a good chance of a revival. Even if the lineup differs from the OG. Hopefully it’s Leah Williams or someone writing rather than Gugs though

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I dont get this cover. Why were Wolverine and Gambit chosen for the homage?

Only thing I don't like about this cover is Jean isn't in a action pose. That should've changed.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think there are wheels in motion for sure. I mean, even beyond Uncanny X-Men and the Age of X-Man (which involves Legion AND X-Man), we’ve got a new status quo for Magneto and Emma Frost, an unresolved issue with the New Mutants team that’s begging for a follow up series, a new X-Force run, Wolverine & Jean & Xavier & Madrox & (maybe) Cyclops back, Psylocke back to her Britsh body and the reemergence of Kwannon, a push for Juggernaut, Mojo & Apocalypse, the exit of the O5 and Old Man Logan, a potentially closing of the school, and the conclusion to a bunch of current titles. And I bet I’m still missing some big things here.

Everything points to a fresh start for the X-Men, and I’m all for it. This last wave had its moments, but it was messy and at times unoriginal. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Just as a sidenote, I feel like Excalibur has a good chance of a revival. Even if the lineup differs from the OG. Hopefully it’s Leah Williams or someone writing rather than Gugs though
    And maybe, just maybe some students will start to get focus again. It's telling that out of all the current, young X-teams of students, the one with all the members showing up is the New X-Men (sans Elixir cause he's in the Brotherhood). The fact that the group barely got focus as it was, it's nice that they get to be on the 'Giant X-Men Roster/Marquez Marketing X-Spread'. With them not even getting to be on the ResurreXion or post-Secret Wars "group picture", I hope this means SOMETHING.

With Emma doing something that would make even the Hellions Squad impressed and Magneto assembling a very vigilante-esque Brotherhood, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more New X-Men spread across the various places and moral alignments in the new X-landscape.

BANNED

I dont get this cover. Why were Wolverine and Gambit chosen for the homage?
    This is one of the best drawn covers for #1. I like this cover.

It's actually copied from here. See the similarities? Wolverine replaces Beast while Gambit replaces Angel...

Last edited by jalsrix; 11-06-2018 at 07:11 AM.

It's actually copied from here. See the similarities? Wolverine replaces Beast while Gambit replaces Angel...

Obviously, hence why I called it a homage. Thats not the issue

BANNED

Why were Wolverine and Gambit chosen for the homage?
    Because Wolverine is obviously the most popular X-Men of all and was in the original All-New Uncanny X-Men.

As to why Gambit was chosen, he probably looks better than Angel and Storm. LOL
    Last edited by jalsrix; 11-06-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Mighty Member

whats the LGY number going to be im sure somewhere in the 600s

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    whats the LGY number going to be im sure somewhere in the 600s
    10 char

Okay, I need some clarification and would appreciate some help here... Please which of this is corect

Disassembled is a 10 issue event and is weekly right?
    So #1-10 will be from next week, down to the first week of January

The second Arc is Age of Xman, also weekly/10 week and will start second week of January

Or

Disassembled is a 10 issue weekly event, issue 4-7 is a mini arc called Age of X-man

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Okay, I need some clarification and would appreciate some help here... Please which of this is corect

The second Arc is Age of Xman, also weekly/10 week and will start second week of January

Or

Disassembled is a 10 issue weekly event, issue 4-7 is a mini arc called Age of X-man
    The former. Age of X-Man starts in January with the Alpha issue. But we aren't sure if it will be the second arc or an entirely separate event with Uncanny tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

Or

Disassembled is a 10-issue weekly story arc from November to January.

What we know about Age of X-Man so far is that there is a 40-page 'Age of X-Man Alpha #1' comic listed as a one-shot in the January solicits. Also they had a teaser that said something like 'after Disassembled comes Age of X-Man', and the solicits for Uncanny 8-9-10 briefly mention Age of X-Man.

Disassembled has been presented as a big story arc so I'm guessing Age of X-Man is part of it, and the one-shot Alpha #1 comic is somehow tied to the story. I suspect the Age of X-Man one-shot might be the ending of Disassembled but there is no release date yet so it's speculation.
    Last edited by Rover; 11-06-2018 at 01:19 PM.

I love this old cover. Partially because it’s such a classic, and partially because of Warren’s brilliant tactical manoeuvre of going up against Mags with a big metal weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    And maybe, just maybe some students will start to get focus again. It's telling that out of all the current, young X-teams of students, the one with all the members showing up is the New X-Men (sans Elixir cause he's in the Brotherhood). The fact that the group barely got focus as it was, it's nice that they get to be on the 'Giant X-Men Roster/Marquez Marketing X-Spread'. With them not even getting to be on the ResurreXion or post-Secret Wars "group picture", I hope this means SOMETHING.

With Emma doing something that would make even the Hellions Squad impressed and Magneto assembling a very vigilante-esque Brotherhood, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more New X-Men spread across the various places and moral alignments in the new X-landscape.
    I'm really hoping that between groups put together by Emma Frost, Magneto, Jean Grey and Polaris that some of the students get an opportunity to flourish outside of the walls of The Xavier Institute for Mutant Education and Outreach. Kitty hasn't done them any favors, and they've been disallowed from growing as characters while they've been delegated to wallpaper status for the core X-Men.