Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How are you a Lorna fan without being an X-man fan? I ask bc she hasnt had many opportunities to shine outside of this franchise
    I like the basic concept of X-Men and what's possible within it, but I think it takes more than that to be a fan. I'd have to be deeply invested in all of the franchise's history. I'd need to be interested in buying and reading each big X-Men event, or at least care enough to heavily complain if I think it's going the wrong way for the X-Men. I'd need to be able to say "I think this writer did best with the X-Men" or "this doesn't involve my favorite X-Men character, but I'll check it out because it's X-Men."

As it stands, the above only applies to Polaris for me. I'm invested in her history. I read stuff because she's in it, and I'll complain if it does wrong by her. I have writers I think did well by her and others I think treated her poorly. And I'll check out events if she's in them, otherwise I don't read them.

To be an X-Men fan, I'd have to be interested in X-Men because it's X-Men. Not merely because Lorna is on it. That's what I mean when I say I'm a Polaris fan, not an X-Men fan, but I could become an X-Men fan if I'm given a reason to become one. Like maybe if Marvel had let Lorna interact with Jean, I would've read X-Men Red. Maybe if Marvel let Lorna have a meaningful issue with adult Bobby, I would've read Iceman. Lorna doing stuff with her dad was why I read the Magneto solo before there were any confirmed plans for her to be on it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post

Older characters aging out to make way for younger ones is a way to finish destroying the franchise, in my opinion. It works the same for the Avengers. Fred Smith, super-mechanic, isn't going to replace Tony Stark any more than Oya will replace Storm, Pixie will replace Magik, or Rockslide will replace Colossus.
    Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post

I read X-Men with the expectation that most of the relevant characters - the A-list roster that make the X-Men the X-Men - are not going to fade away. It's like a long-running TV series. Friends is Friends because of Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Chandler, Joey and Ross. You'd never think to switch out Rachel for her younger sister or have Monica and Joey replaced by the new couple that moved in next door.
    Xmen isn't "Friends" Xmen is "Saturday Night Live" and part of formula is rotating out people to keep it fresh.The biggest move in Xmen history was to get rid of the 05 for the original Uncanny crew. Imagine if Xmen stop adding characters after Uncanny how many A lister we won't have Bishop,Gambit,Magik, Kitty, Cable, Domino, Rogue, Deadpool, Jubilee, X23, etc.

Arguably the best known Xman Wolverine wasn't a original Xmen and love him or hate Wolverine help lift the Xmen to another level. The next big Xmen star could be there but fans are too obsessed with old. It never cross people minds but you know there is a possibility that you like a character better than ones you like now. Once again Xmen isn't Friends it is Saturday night live Dan Akord,Jim Beclushi, Chevy Chase and Bill Murray are cool but imagine never getting Eddie Murphy, Will Farrell,Adam Sandler,Chris Rock etc

Look at growth of Sunspot If someone told you Sunspot could lead the Xmen a couple years ago .You would have laugh at them but now Sunspot is a legit character that can have an impact in the Xworld. While Moonstar who is easily great character hasn't grown because she has been stuck in Xmen side character limbo.Importance in stories help characters grow characters like M, Jubilee, Moonstar, Prodigy, Anole, Dust need not just page time but important page time.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Depends how the artist chooses to depict said 'eating'.
    I’m sure Eye Boy would take Rahnes place when it comes to one type of ‘eating’.

Astonishing Member

This looks great.
    I will be picking up at least the first issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m sure Eye Boy would take Rahnes place when it comes to one type of ‘eating’.
    Ew. And wouldn't intimacy with Trevor be the worst? He has eyes everywhere and contact is just gonna be awkward and uncomfortable

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    This just boggles my mind. So because KT doesn't bow and worship at the alter of Jean Grey, she's going to kill her again and bring back Scott and Emma like nothing ever happened.

That's absurdly paranoid. KT claims she's a fan of Jean Grey, but just happens to like Emma a little better. That doesn't suddenly mean she's going to hijack the story to murder your favorite character.
    Mind, I don't think KT would kill Jean. She's an amazing writer and wouldn't stoop to that. I was playing devils' advocate.

Jean is one of the few characters I think is definitively safe.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    This just boggles my mind. So because KT doesn't bow and worship at the alter of Jean Grey, she's going to kill her again and bring back Scott and Emma like nothing ever happened.
    That's not it.

What it is is this: to endorse Scemma is to endorse adultery. Period. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

To those of us who aren't post-modern moral relativists, that is offensive as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Xmen isn't "Friends" Xmen is "Saturday Night Live" and part of formula is rotating out people to keep it fresh.The biggest move in Xmen history was to get rid of the 05 for the original Uncanny crew. Imagine if Xmen stop adding characters after Uncanny how many A lister we won't have Bishop,Gambit,Magik, Kitty, Cable, Domino, Rogue, Deadpool, Jubilee, X23, etc.

Arguably the best known Xman Wolverine wasn't a original Xmen and love him or hate Wolverine help lift the Xmen to another level. The next big Xmen star could be there but fans are too obsessed with old. It never cross people minds but you know there is a possibility that you like a character better than ones you like now. Once again Xmen isn't Friends it is Saturday night live Dan Akord,Jim Beclushi, Chevy Chase and Bill Murray are cool but imagine never getting Eddie Murphy, Will Farrell,Adam Sandler,Chris Rock etc

Look at growth of Sunspot If someone told you Sunspot could lead the Xmen a couple years ago .You would have laugh at them but now Sunspot is a legit character that can have an impact in the Xworld. While Moonstar who is easily great character hasn't grown because she has been stuck in Xmen side character limbo.Importance in stories help characters grow characters like M, Jubilee, Moonstar, Prodigy, Anole, Dust need not just page time but important page time.
    Disagree. X-Men, and comics in general, are a serial genre. You get to know the characters and care about them, and when they're replaced, what you were interested in is gone. Wolverine, Kitty, Rogue, Cable -- those guys happened when the franchise was still establishing itself. Gambit and Jubilee were originally designed as replacements, per Claremont, for Nightcrawler and Kitty. Gambit and Jubilee stuck around because they were significantly different enough in power set and visuals to peacefully coexist.

X-23 is the only break out star in the past 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    That's not it.

What it is is this: to endorse Scemma is to endorse adultery. Period. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

To those of us who aren't post-modern moral relativists, that is offensive as hell.
    By that logic, endorsing Xavier is endorsing slavery from when he enslaved Danger, endorsing Gambit is endorsing theft, and endorsing Jean is endorsing genocide.

Know what is really offensive? Acting like a therapist breaking every code of psychological conduct and forcing a telepathic affair with a man suffering from PTSD is the man's fault.

I love Emma, but what she did was sleazy as hell. I dislike Scott, but acting like Emma isn't somewhere between 85-99% responsible for that is revisionism.
    Last edited by PsychoEFrost; 08-12-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Gambit and Jubilee were originally designed as replacements, per Claremont, for Nightcrawler and Kitty. Gambit and Jubilee stuck around because they were significantly different enough in power set and visuals to peacefully coexist.
    X-23 is the only break out star in the past 20 years.
    Kitty > Jubilee works perfectly but I always saw Gambit as a Longshot replacement: the glowing eyes linked to his long forgotten hypnotic charm, throwing objects with deadly accuracy only these could explode, his gymnastic skill, loving the ladies, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    That's not it.

Emma wasn't married.

Kitty > Jubilee works perfectly but I always saw Gambit as a Longshot replacement: the glowing eyes linked to his long forgotten hypnotic charm, throwing objects with deadly accuracy only these could explode, his gymnastic skill, loving the ladies, etc.
    I’m just gonna channel Ricochet Rita here and point out that Longshot is irreplaceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Perhaps a separate 'Emma & Cyclops are EEEEEVIL!1!' thread would work best for some of you and this derailed train of thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

For the sake of argument, take the Emma/Scott affair and make Emma a male and Scott a female. So the male psychic uses his powers to encourage/force an affair with the traumatized woman.

If that got printed, the male in that situation would be pure toxic grade material. Editorial wouldn't be able to kill the character dead fast enough. Anyone who okayed the story would be crucified to a level that would make Jesus Christ Himself ask them to tone it down.

Yet in this case, the victim is blamed as much, if not more so, then the perpetrator. What the actual f***?!?!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Perhaps a separate 'Emma & Cyclops are EEEEEVIL!1!' thread would work best for some of you and this derailed train of thought.
    Yeah, it's sad the discussion always derails in this crap, almost on every thread, by the same people.

even in a thread that has nothing to do with scott, jott or scemma. (none of which is possible right now and haven't been a thing for years)