Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    *Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Yeah, doesn’t sound like they have a creative team together at all. Because this-this isn’t news. Sounds like they’re scrambling to get something together in the meanwhile

So Eyebody isn't dead? Who is that next to him? Husk?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The first 10 issues of Uncanny is a story arc called Disassembled.
    The point I am trying to make is that the teaser is for Disassembled, and not the main team. Most of the characters have in the teaser have been on a team recently, while the ones that aren’t haven’t been on a team. Can’t have a bunch of individual people be disassembled. The teaser is for disassembled specifically, not for Uncanny I’m general.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Exactly. 12 issues is a long ass time to tell one story. Red should have been paced better. It may have worked better in 2-3 arcs rather than one super extended one especially since there were filler parts where not much has happened
    No doubt, feels like it's being stretched & milked to the maX.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

This looks great! The creative team is awesome (personal favorites being Thompson, Rosenberg, Asrar & Perez) and besides a few glaring emissions (Cable, Magneto, Wolverine, Emma Frost, etc.) it looks like everybody currently important is there.

As for guesses about what comes next, Red’s wrapping up with #11 in December, based on trade solicits (vol. 2 collects #6-11) and Astonishing could theoretically wrap up with #17 (November) or #18 (December). Return of Wolverine wraps up in January, so that leaves the field wide open for whatever’s next. Assuming Uncanny continues, based on the image, we’ve likely got a New X-Men book and probably at least one other series spinning out. One might guess based on the teaser that a New Mutants ongoing from Rosenberg is on the way. Or based on Brissons's involvement a new X-Force book with Cable? On my end, I'll forever hold out for a new Cable/Deadpool series. A one-shot annual is not enough, Marvel!

As for what I'll miss most from the ResurreXion era, I'll miss the O5 & Blue, Red's been awesome in too many ways to count (A great Jean AND Storm, amazing art, an interesting and relevant villain, etc.), and it was nice to see Alex get some focus for once in Blue/Astonishing.

I look forward to a more New X-Men focused era, Bishop being relevant again, Uncanny being back & the X-Ladies being prominent in teaser art at the very least!
    Top DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Damian Wayne, Stephanie Brown, Barbara Gordon, Red Hood, Flash (Barry), Supergirl, Black Canary, & Green Arrow
    Top Marvel: Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Daredevil, Miles Morales, Jessica Jones, Magneto, Rogue, Storm, & Havok

BANNED

Anyone else not see the point of Making Psylocke Bland Again?

If she's not ninja-y, physical, and sorta murdery why should we care?

Hope her change is just cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Lol that's not what her dialogue in Astonishing X-Men Annual #1 means.

Tired of Jean always having to take shots from hater writers.
    I'll wait until the issue comes out to weigh in on how he writes Jean there but judging from the previews he's making her the central character of the annual. His handling of Bobby was way worse. I'm not getting thr hate, especially after her resurrection positioned her to live her best life lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I'll wait until the issue comes out to weigh in on how he writes Jean there but judging from the previews he's making her the central character of the annual. His handling of Bobby was way worse. I'm not getting thr hate, especially after her resurrection positioned her to live her best life lol
    He didn't cause her resurrection. That was going to happen by some other writer if not him. He also made sure to denigrate her time as Phoenix and remove her agency from it, which would tell me everything I need to know even without the "I don't want to live" angle.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    The point I am trying to make is that the teaser is for Disassembled, and not the main team. Most of the characters have in the teaser have been on a team recently, while the ones that aren’t haven’t been on a team. Can’t have a bunch of individual people be disassembled. The teaser is for disassembled specifically, not for Uncanny I’m general.
    There is no main team. It’s reading like the Uncanny days under Fraction where everyone is an X-man.

To me, she was way more interesting during the outback era where she wasn't a ninja who's addicted to murder.

He didn't cause her resurrection. That was going to happen by some other writer if not him. He also made sure to denigrate her time as Phoenix and remove her agency from it, which would tell me everything I need to know even without the "I don't want to live" angle.
    Taylor is doing the same thing because that is Marvel's stance on the subject. It's what drove Teen Jean's character arc for years now. I dont like vilifying the Phoenix either but Rosenberg made not being the Phoenix her choice and she has been empowered because of it (See Taylor's "the phoenix was holding me back"). I appreciate Rosenberg for bringing her back in way that wasnt a cheesy deus ex mechina of some badly written event like so many fans seemed to want. He obvious cares enough about her to make her central in his annual and in Uncanny. He's hardly public enemy #1.

Look I’m super easy to please, and am always excited for new stuff. Including this.

But confused what’s new about this “high stakes and changes” that people seem hyped about. It seems kinda generic and typical for launches, relaunches and events.dont get me wrong I’m pumped I just am not seeing what’s “especially” exciting here.

Also I will be curious to see if people are pleased with this if the 05 go back since some folks seemed to think they were responsible for their dissatisfaction of the X-men line. Maybe we will see if they were Right and the 05’ presence was infringing on other young mutants or b list characters having more time in books.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Are we entering an X-Men all must believe in Xavier’s original teachings and not do morally ambiguous things (save a few big pull characters with claws)?

If we are it might explain Betsy. There are several characters up there who historically have no problem pulling the trigger or slicing and dicing someone if they believe it’s deserved or needed to be done.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    hot DAMN LOOK AT THE NEW X-MEN LOOKIN FRESH
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They better not use the New Xmen as canon fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Place your bets on who's gonna die!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They adding all these characters just to kill them off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    There's about to be a massive culling of the franchise (again).
    There's a chance several young characters are going to get lazy-shock-valued to death.
    My sense of foreboding is more boding than usual here. Poor NXMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    ... There's about to be a massive culling of the franchise (again). ...
    Well...

... it is kinda his thing.

Michael Walsh
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.