Page 61 of 113 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Asrar is on Conan in January so he won't be the regular Uncanny artist so I hope it's Larraz because he's fantastic and probably Marvel's best right now.
    This is pretty disappointing that they couldn't keep their lead artist for more than 1 issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Asrar is on Conan in January so he won't be the regular Uncanny artist so I hope it's Larraz because he's fantastic and probably Marvel's best right now.
    Larraz and Marquez togeteher on Uncanny would be my dream team of artists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    This is pretty disappointing that they couldn't keep their lead artist for more than 1 issue.
    They never said Asrar was the lead artist.

They literally said from the beginning that it would be 4 artists rotating, like?...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They literally said from the beginning that it would be 4 artists rotating, like?...
    And JDW said on the X-Plain the X-Men podcast that Asrar would do issue 1 and the other three would rotate on the rest.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They never said Asrar was the lead artist.
    It doesn't matter what Marvel says really, they also said Steve McNiven would draw Return of Wolverine LOL.

Asrar was moved from Red to work on Uncanny. Then the next hot thing came along and he was moved again. This is standard Marvel practice, I just wished for a bit more consistency for the Uncanny relaunch, especially given Asrar was the biggest name involved.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

According to KT on Twitter:

Jean, Storm, and Armor are the three leaders.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...17439113965569

Says Bishop, Iceman, Jubilee, and Northstar have significant roles.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...84792869289985
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 08-25-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

It is so frustrating being a Rogue fan. Yet again, we are at another event and she is not a significant player. For the last 20 years, she has been diminished in her role on the X-Men and the only truly brilliant character work was done while she was an Avenger. The worst thing to happen to Rogue was her return to the X-Men. The X-editors and creators just don't care for her and it is so disheartening. Could care less about this event.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    It is so frustrating being a Rogue fan. Yet again, we are at another event and she is not a significant player. For the last 20 years, she has been diminished in her role on the X-Men and the only truly brilliant character work was done while she was an Avenger. The worst thing to happen to Rogue was her return to the X-Men. The X-editors and creators just don't care for her and it is so disheartening. Could care less about this event.
    Well she does currently have her own on-going with M&M X. That's something. Unless you think KT is not a good writer for Rogue. In which case, I feel your pain.

But Rogue seems like she'll be fine. She's doing better than anyone stuck over in Weapon X right now. Be glad she hasn't sank that low. lol Like Monet. Fans have been wanting to see her out of limbo for ages, now Weapon X is what she's in -with Pak & Robisnson who don't seem to have read much of anything with any of these characters given all the continuity issues in just 1 chapter.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-25-2018 at 06:05 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It isn't like Rogue is one of the writers' pet character, or that she isn't co-headlining her own duo title that spun out of something that was publicized as being the wedding of the decade, or that there aren't more people who will be important to this crossover that we haven't learned about just yet, or like she isn't sure to be in a team spinning out of this. Nope. None of that is happening or has happened, no sirree. /s

You are royally overreacting.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Wait, so is that the actual roster for the ongoing weekly Uncanny book after Disassembled? What is it about Jubilee that puts her before so many others like Rogue, Magik, Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Dazzler even...I don’t get it. Ehhh about Armor, too.

Is there going to just be one team? This is not easy to keep up with, my apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    Wait, so is that the actual roster for the ongoing weekly Uncanny book after Disassembled? What is it about Jubilee that puts her before so many others like Rogue, Magik, Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Dazzler even...I don’t get it. Ehhh about Armor, too.

Is there going to just be one team? This is not easy to keep up with, my apologies!
    There are fifty-four characters that are going to feature in this event, and about twenty of them that are going to be central characters. The characters that are being focused on are the ones that the writers chose to focus on, and that's all there is to it. We aren't even aware who all of the "main" characters are yet. People are acting like the sky is falling when really, we have no clue.

And KT's FAVORITE X-Man is Rogue. She'll have something to do. Just because she's deferring to Jean or Storm in leadership doesn't mean that she's being written badly.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There are fifty-four characters that are going to feature in this event, and about twenty of them that are going to be central characters. The characters that are being focused on are the ones that the writers chose to focus on, and that's all there is to it. We aren't even aware who all of the "main" characters are yet. People are acting like the sky is falling when really, we have no clue.

And KT's FAVORITE X-Man is Rogue. She'll have something to do. Just because she's deferring to Jean or Storm in leadership doesn't mean that she's being written badly.
    Thanks. I was of the thought that the lineups post-event were released, but if that is not the case, so be it. At least our X Books have an embarrassment of riches in terms of viable characters. There are so many!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Armor is one of the leaders? Um...ok then. I would assume that she’s earned it, but I’ll wait for one of the more in-the-know New X-men fans to weigh in on it.

Awesome to see Jubes back in the mix again so soon. And WOOHOO Northstar! But the term “significant” makes me a little nervous, I gotta admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Armor is one of the leaders? Um...ok then. I would assume that she’s earned it, but I’ll wait for one of the more in-the-know New X-men fans to weigh in on it.
    Armor was the first of the New X-Men that managed to be a part of the main X-Men team and is the only one that has consistently appeared since then. Also, there was an AU Future where she led the X-Men proper. I might've put Hellion or Surge in place of her... but eh. This works out.