Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Gen X is a school, not a team.
    That’s some pretty fine hair-splitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    That’s some pretty fine hair-splitting.
    Let me rephrase. The purpose of the Gen X team is not field missions. They're trying to teach the students, and then bad guys show up. They aren't an official X-Men response team, going out to fight villains and such.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Legion and Blindfold.

Mighty Member

Marvel should bring The mutant SAVIOUR ... the one and only OG Cyclops
    And He n Jean should renew their vows.

Other than that idk.

BANNED

Jean Wolverine! Or Jean and Bishop!

Trinary and Nezhno!

Kitty and Havok!

Rayana.

Failing that, Cyclops and Frenzy.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-19-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't know who is going to be paired with who but i hope there aren't more love triangles or ships that screw other ships. This isn't fun.

I would like something between two young new characters. Just innocent young love that doesn't screw any other characters or fans.

Yes to CeCe and Bishop. The cop and doctor dynamic is cool, they are opposites in that CeCe wants a relatively normal life and Bishop's entire life revolves around stopping bad futures where fast action was needed (which is totally good drama for a relationship). Alternatively, Frenzy and Bishop. Joanna just wants to have fun, while Lucus is so uptight; it writes itself.

I like Bishop and Sage as well, but to me their more buddy-cops than romantic interests. Bishop has kissed Rogue more than Sage lol.

I can definitely see the appeal of Monet and Sunspot, the Psylocke and Angel comparison is spot-on. Wealthy elite backgrounds that are driven to help than ignore a societal problem. I find it interesting that Monet embraces her money, while Sunspot seems more lax toward his wealth and attitude in general. I'd definitely like to see them interact, if not date, especially post former AIM leader Sunspot.

Cypher and Trinary. No basis just the amusement of a technopath and omnilingual whose best friend is a techno-organic, dating.

Hmm that's all I got right now. This brings to mind that for all the group shots we've had of teams, there are so many characters we have not seen interact on-panel. Lots of characters need to expand their social circles, stat!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know who is going to be paired with who but i hope there aren't more love triangles or ships that screw other ships. This isn't fun.

I would like something between two young new characters. Just innocent young love that doesn't screw any other characters or fans.
    Have to agree. The triangles have gotten old, especially if it makes one, if not all, the characters involved look pathetic. And don't crap over a previous pairing just to elevate the new one. Like bringing in a character's ex so they can be used to show how much better the current one is. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

/obligatory

Anyway, I don't see why Marvel should fixate on only one couple at a time. IMO we should see more of X-couples interacting TOGETHER, like Gambit and Rogue and Chamber and Jubilee go out on a double-date, with hijinks ensuing.
    Sigh, if only
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    you're never gonna give up on laura and julian, are you

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I want to see Roberto and Amara finally happen.
    Yeah I would like totally support this
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I wish they would show some of the X-Men go home at the end of the day to a non-mutant partner and to a 'normal' home life. And show them dealing with navigating a 'normal' life with a family. It's like none of them ever goes home or interacts with non-mutants ever again once they join the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Bishop/Sage
    I'm into this too, unresolved since X-Treme.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    But, I like the idea of Jubilee x Chamber.

While controversial, i'm still fond of Bunn's Monet x Creed.
    Wasn't into either of these. Jubes/Jono/Shogo is just all kinds of nonsense to me.

And Monet dating Creed it like her dating her creepy janitor from high school(remember, Banshee, Sabretooth, Emma, and Jubes were involved in that original Phalanx Covenant which assembled Gen X). Even if that was her sisters in "M" form, it still is creepy(even creepier since they were actually pre-teens at the time!!).

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I want to see Roberto and Amara finally happen.
    If Monet/Roberto doesn't fly, I'd be fine with this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I approve of Money (typo but Im keeping it) and Sunspot, but heck I see no reason why Synch cant return. We've never had a triangle with just black characters so let Monet have some fun
    Just bring him back!! Everett!! A Synch, Sunspot, M dynamic would be incredible! I can see Roberto's competitive spirit rubbing off on Ev, and Monet just basking in all the attention. So much black excellence!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I can definitely see the appeal of Monet and Sunspot, the Psylocke and Angel comparison is spot-on. Wealthy elite backgrounds that are driven to help than ignore a societal problem. I find it interesting that Monet embraces her money, while Sunspot seems more lax toward his wealth and attitude in general. I'd definitely like to see them interact, if not date, especially post former AIM leader Sunspot.

Hmm that's all I got right now. This brings to mind that for all the group shots we've had of teams, there are so many characters we have not seen interact on-panel. Lots of characters need to expand their social circles, stat!
    Roberto seems to have become quite ambitious, actually, in his last few arcs(consider X-Treme X-Men where he was X-Corp LA head, and then a Black King in the Hellfire Club, then buying AIM and his work in the Avengers). I'd love to see him get the spotlight again in the X-Books with this confidence, and get Monet out of her weird post Gen X funk.

But your last point is very true; there are so many potential relationships that haven't been explored. The X-books could stand to shuffle the deck a bit more with the established characters who usually stay in their respective packs.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Wasn't into either of these. Jubes/Jono/Shogo is just all kinds of nonsense to me.

And Monet dating Creed it like her dating her creepy janitor from high school(remember, Banshee, Sabretooth, Emma, and Jubes were involved in that original Phalanx Covenant which assembled Gen X). Even if that was her sisters in "M" form, it still is creepy(even creepier since they were actually pre-teens at the time!!).
    I never have problems with age--difference relationships when one of the parties is immortal, or doesn't age normally. Angel was over 250, and fell in love with a 15-year-old Buffy. Then slept with her when she was only 17.

Inuyasha is a 200-year-old half-dog demon and fell in love with Kagome, a high-school girl.

But no worries. I doubt Creed x Monet will ever happen. I loved their relationship as Bunn wrote it. But Creed's in Weapon X with Mystique now, and I doubt that's not gonna lead to them shagging again. Which they probably already are.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-19-2018 at 09:16 AM.