Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Fantastic issue! Love the way the change was handled and Zub's voice for Betsy was spot-on. I really wish Leonard Kirk had gotten to do the entire issue. The Jubilee/Betsy talk at the end was great as well. We haven't really had much interaction between those two in a long time and it was fitting that she was the one who checked on her at the end considering Madripoor and the first swap was where they got their first official meeting.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with "Kwannon." If anyone will actually follow-up on her or if she's going to go the way of Maddie after Wood's Sisterhood arc.

I'm totally okay with this outcome. I think it works fine. You still have Psylocke. You still have Kwannon. They can both be their own characters now. Betsy made her choice and I think it was made well. Good issue and an interesting future has now opened up for Psylocke.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    With the Asian awake at the end, I wonder, where wil;l we see what this is about, as this was the final issue of the mini.

Is this Kwannon as villain, or Revanche as good one, or Styx in the Asian body perhaps??
    Interesting thoughts. I think this might not be in any story soon though, with Extermination and Disassembled on the horizon.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Interesting thoughts. I think this might not be in any story soon though, with Extermination and Disassembled on the horizon.
    Personally I don't think that there's much question about who it is. They don't state it outright but if it were Styx or if Betsy had gotten split in half somehow or something strange like that, I don't think that they would speak in Japanese. It's Kwannon.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I thought it was a pretty solid issue. Excited to see Britsy and Kwannon separated and themselves again. One thing threw me a bit though - how is it possible that Jubes didn’t recognize Britsy? They’ve met - British Psylocke was literally the first X-man she ever had direct contact with.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So simply put no controversy to be had
    Hi, we’re the CBR boards. Have we met?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I thought it was a pretty solid issue. Excited to see Britsy and Kwannon separated and themselves again. One thing threw me a bit though - how is it possible that Jubes didn’t recognize Britsy? They’ve met - British Psylocke was literally the first X-man she ever had direct contact with.
    Most of the X-writers now don't keep up with all the continuity. lol

Like how recently Monet was in Weapon X, and talking about summoning the team through her parents, even though her mother is dead, and she only has 1 parent. But they did get right that she had an evil brother. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-22-2018 at 05:38 AM.

They should have defined that it was Kwannon.

Did they state anything about her keeping or losing her fighting abilities.

I wasn’t gonna read spoilers but I caved.

ALSO she deserves a mini. Definitely. Betsy Braddock needs a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Did they state anything about her keeping or losing her fighting abilities.
    Betsy makes it clear she has all of her memories so she should be able to do the things that she used to and she makes it clear that she's capable of killing Magneto again if she has to.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I really liked the art in this. And the sequence with Psylocke in the mindscape was great, especially with all the little nods to continuity. I love the comic book logic of making a body from soul power. And the thought bubbles of Psylocke afterwards fighting was really well done. Touch of nostalgia to it all. This was a really fun issue.

Also to get into the new body, I'm really glad she's back in her original form. It was definitely long overdue.

I can't wait to get this on my lunch break. I'm excited that Betsy fought mostly using her telepathy. I'll be totally okay if she's a pure telepath now. I hope someone doesn't try to mess with Kwannon and say it's Sapphire Styxx in the Asian body. That would make things even worse. I'm hoping Betsy still had fragments of Kwannon in her mind, and that's what was left over when she built her new body.

I hope Kwannon doesn't get tossed to the background again.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Ultimately, Kwannon is/was a telepath. We've seen even recently with X that telepaths can survive on the astral plane or even in other peoples' minds. Maybe the explanation for the more overt Japaneseisms that Betsy has displayed is her influence. Also I still say that the Japanese is a huge clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The check list

1. Psylocke got her body back no stealing of bodies
    2. Kwannon is back,So a potential Asian Psylocke is still around
    3. Psylocke retains all her memories, So She still should be ninjaing around if she chooses too

So simply put no controversy to be had just clean surgical writing
    Ummm no. She said she had memories yes but that's not the same as proving she has the muscle memory from her years of training. Let's not pop the cork quite yet. In fact I'm still leaning towards her not having the fighting skills considering how tactile and non combative she just was.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Ummm no. She said she had memories yes but that's not the same as proving she has the muscle memory from her years of training. Let's not pop the cork quite yet. In fact I'm still leaning towards her not having the fighting skills considering how tactile and non combative she just was.
    Based on the description (I won’t have a chance to read this for a few hours): I would probably agree. There was probably a reason she relied on ranged combat/illusions. She may not have felt as comfortable going hand to hand. Will she probably be back to her ninja-days by the next time we see her? Probably, and it will probably be in a box that she spent hours upon hours training again. I say this because we see her on the teaser for Disassembled with psychic knifes which are close range.

Also, I think Kwannon surviving in fragments in Betsy’s subconscious, is a great way to explain away why she was often seen doing/wearing traditional Japanese things.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Based on the description (I won’t have a chance to read this for a few hours): I would probably agree. There was probably a reason she relied on ranged combat/illusions. She may not have felt as comfortable going hand to hand. Will she probably be back to her ninja-days by the next time we see her? Probably, and it will probably be in a box that she spent hours upon hours training again. I say this because we see her on the teaser for Disassembled with psychic knifes which are close range.

Also, I think Kwannon surviving in fragments in Betsy’s subconscious, is a great way to explain away why she was often seen doing/wearing traditional Japanese things.
    Isn't that what Spiral did? She merged the two through magic and when Kwannon committed suicide betsy felt it half a world away.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post

Which I normally don't mind. For example Betsy in New Exiles spent years out of time training. It was shown so therefore I believed it. If they do a whole I downloaded it type of scenario. I wont like it and can't respect that.

I think that's exactly what has happened here. Zub will write in some of Kwannon still lives in Psylocke. I dont think the Eurasian body will be a full fledged character. They didn't seem to even know who they were. Just using their raw skill to find out. Kwannon would know Madripor for sure. This one didn't at all.