• Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Looks like she would like to play her.

https://www.cbr.com/dewanda-wise-wan...rm-movie-role/
    How tall is she? If she is 5'9" or taller I'm all for it!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    How tall is she? If she is 5'9" or taller I'm all for it!
    She's 5'6, but heels and camera angles can fix that

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    She's 5'6, but heels and camera angles can fix that

Eehhhhh..

I really want Marvel to try as hard as they can to get not only the aesthetically appropriate actor but also someone who is a strong actress. I think we as fans are finally owed this after the mess that was foxmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    One of the better Storm looks. Simple yet beautiful.

And she's awake too.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Where is this from?

BANNED

Storm called herself headmistress before she had sex with Logan. That's a fact and it's true in at least one other book. Stop with the nonsense. Stop with the sex shaming because you don't like Logan. Stop it Storm is better than that.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 03-19-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Any news about the Storm solo ?.

Even Dazzler will have his mini, or a OneS soon, and Ororo? I want something where Storm can show off, and that she's away from Kitty Pryde, and her Show where she always saves the day and is the most powerful, and the others are incompetent. Ironic when she is one of the least powerful in that group, I never thought that a writer would make me feel tired of Kitty, but in gold they are achieving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post

Even Dazzler will have his mini, or a OneS soon, and Ororo? I want something where Storm can show off, and that she's away from Kitty Pryde, and her Show where she always saves the day and is the most powerful, and the others are incompetent. Ironic when she is one of the least powerful in that group, I never thought that a writer would make me feel tired of Kitty, but in gold they are achieving it.
    Nothing yet. Its kinda depressing tbh
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post

Lol yeah I hear you. I like Kitty and am happy she is getting some love. It just shouldn't be at the cost of the other characters in the team. It's what I miss about more passionate writers who are fans of the X-Men (Claremont, Pak, Kim, Sumerak) and can write them as relatable and falllible, and respect their personalities, development and competence. It's clear he doesn't seem to care or like Storm, Bobby, Kurt or Rogue (they have fought Magneto many ties and shouldn't have a problem coordinating as a team) despite them being veteran X-Men and the people who trained his favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol yeah I hear you. I like Kitty and am happy she is getting some love. It just shouldn't be at the cost of the other characters in the team. It's what I miss about more passionate writers who are fans of the X-Men (Claremont, Pak, Kim, Sumerak) and can write them as relatable and falllible, and respect their personalities, development and competence. It's clear he doesn't seem to care or like Storm, Bobby, Kurt or Rogue (they have fought Magneto many ties and shouldn't have a problem coordinating as a team) despite them being veteran X-Men and the people who trained his favorite.
    Nothing but truth here.

LOLOL there is so much just wrong with this post. I don't think anyone said you specifically stated she was above race (but a hit dog will holler); however, I have seen posters say this in the past.
    Maybe I asked because, I don't know, that particular exchange with Marvell2100 arose from a post in which you seemed to think this was my problem with Coates' Storm? ...

She unapologetically black and she is shown loving and embracing aspects of her heritage that go beyond being mutant. You must understand, before she was an xman, before she was a mutant, she was a black person. And that is just as important to explore as the her being x-men and mutant.
    But now I get it, you were just addressing what "some posters said in the past". I'm sure it's a thing, too.

Also, how can Ororo be hinted as being multi-racial when both her parents are black?? That scan was just trying to call attention to her "unique" features and that scan also had another character saying she looked black.
    She could be multi-racial because you can be Black AND have multiracial ancestry... like more than 75% of the Black population in the US, where her father was born?
    I'll leave that topic alone because I never liked that explanation for Storm's unusual phenotype but that panel certainly opened the possibility, if only for the poster I mentioned.

I never said that based upon Claremont's scan she should be worshiped as an actual god. I said that Coates expounded upon what Claremont established years ago. Whether she expressed that she wanted to be a god or was trying to be a god, the fact that she stated she wasn't there yet could be interpreted that she is actively looking to reach this point. Especially when she stated (if you continue reading) that she has witnessed others achieve this. What Coates is doing is showing that she can achieve ultimate power without being corrupted. Claremont showed her not taking on that level of power because in his story, at least with Roguestorm, it came with a level of corruption. It's not making a u-turn or any of the other things you have mentioned because her ascending to that level and embracing is something that has never actually been explored.
    It could only "be interpreted that she is actively looking to reach this point" if you ignore all the times she explicitly rejected the idea. The notion that playing god just because you have the power is inherently bad was a recurring theme throughout Claremont's run. Not just for Storm and Jean, but also Rachel (who never got fully corrupted by the PF) and even Wolverine (when he got the power from that crystal). And who do you think these mutants she witnessed achieving "godhood" are?

And yes being black does come with certain views, perspectives, and life experiences that unfortunately have never truly been shown in the Xbooks, which is why some come to the conclusion she is above or beyond race as well as why Coates writing of her is so REFRESHING. A character of her influence should be the one championing for POC, especially black people, but this is rarely ever seen.

She never said anything bigoted. Your interpretation of his wording was a such. That is a reflection of your thought process not his. And per Jen Bartel the solo is very much still happening; that isn't something that is up for debate and when it's official I will be the first to remind you of your once again incorrect assessments. However long the title may last I hope he continues to remind readers that she is a black woman who is interested in addressing concerns that affect black people. The only reason it didn't do well is that the comics are heavily saturated by readers who are white and male, and of course it would make sense that these readers would want to avoid the reality associated with white people and their negative interactions with people of color. Comics are a means to escape realism but I very much appreciate it.
    Again, replace "I like mayo. In doses" with any stereotype associated with Black people, put it in the mouth of a beloved white character and see how it gets 'interpreted'. Thankfully, being Black doesn't come with dumb identity politics and bigotry.

The solo may be happening (it's still up for debate until it's official). Doesn't mean Coates is still writing it.

I'm very serious about the sex thing. Let's just sum it up as this. She taking the mantle of headmistress came after she slept with Logan. That is a fact. And please stop, of course they are not going to show him taking off his pants and underwear with it resulting in sex. Let's not be silly. It was implied that they had sex as she isn't getting naked and kissing him for it to end without it going further than that. And actually she became Queen of Wakanda by being accepted by the Goddess Bast and proposed to by the King of Wakanda, as well as accepted and celebrated by the Wakandan people. That is quite the opposite initiation she experienced in becoming headmistress of an unaccredited where she had to be offered the position by Kitty and then of course sexually submitting to Logan and allowing him to cut her hair. So i think you may need to check your head canon. And if moving the goalpost demonstrates how incorrect your assessment has been of her time with the Xmen versus her time with the BP mythos then I will accept that proudly.
    She didn't need any initiation to become headmistress because her history as an x-leader and teacher made her an obvious choice. And technically, she took the mantle (and called herself "headmistress Ororo") before sleeping with Logan but whatever. Glad you dropped the "sex was one of her conditions" thing because at this point I wouldn't have bothered replying.

And being headmistress doesn't mean much when it comes with being attached to another character. She was taking a leading role during a period where the Xmen books have sold at their lowest numbers and also making decisions that many of the readers (at least based upon the feedback here) didn't no agree with and did not want to read. Add to this her time as being sole leader of the Xmen (not co-headmistress or taking orders from cyclops) was riddled with her doubting herself and left helpless against a cloud. With the "prominence" you claim she received came one of the most regressive and damaging development for the character in years. So I think most fans here would disagree with you that she had a prominent role because she was "leader" of a popular franchise. That, imo, is a very ill-informed look at what has actually occurred with the character since she has been a full time x-character property post the annulled marriage.
    I always said Storm wasn't well used or well written in the recent years. I also hate the way Kitty is written in Gold. I think it's incredibly damaging. But Kitty clearly has a prominent role in that book. These are two different things.

Storm was the team leader, not just headmistress, in several ongoings (several of which barely mentioned Wolverine or Cyclops), got a solo and, even when Marvel drastically cut down the number of X-books during the Inhuman push, she never stopped being part of a main cast. Which is more than you can say about her married days. Was it great overall? No. But no matter how you spin it, that's being more prominent as a character.

The more I think about it, the funnier it gets to see you cling to this idea that being a headmistress (again not her only role) was linked to Wolverine (oddly enough, that didn't change after he died), when sleeping with T'Challa was literally one of the conditions to become Queen of Wakanda.

Lastly, you brought up the hypothetical in regard to her still being marriage I never used that as my example initially. I made the point that if we are to use evidence from how she is begin treated now in the BP books in comparison to the Xbooks she would be far better off. I was the one to mention that you shouldn't go there because there is no way to make such a statement how she would fared as it didn't happen.
    For the record I don't think she was far better off in the BP books, but no, we don't get to use that as a comparison because we don't know how she would have been written after that. That was my whole point as you kept bringing up the poor development since the annulment as if there was a link between the two (implying things would have been better if she was still married). Maybe you weren't. Let's call it a misunderstanding then.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 03-20-2018 at 05:49 AM.

All these minis are making me wonder if hers will be one, which means it needs to sell well to get turned into a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    All these minis are making me wonder if hers will be one, which means it needs to sell well to get turned into a solo.
    I hope it is a mini and called one from the beginning because then there is a set story which limits the aimless feeling of a lot of books. It also means that people won't say it "failed" when it finishes unlike the solo's that were called ongoings but were actually mini's. The risk is like you said, if you want her to have a solo ongoing down the road this needs to succeed.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope it is a mini and called one from the beginning because then there is a set story which limits the aimless feeling of a lot of books. It also means that people won't say it "failed" when it finishes unlike the solo's that were called ongoings but were actually mini's. The risk is like you said, if you want her to have a solo ongoing down the road this needs to succeed.
    That's true about the story element, though we'd hope that even Pak learned his lesson about not having a plot for the first half of a solo that wasn't even guaranteed going beyond issue 12.

I was going to say something like "the haters are still going to troll about it being canceled" too lol, there will be a few sadly, the fact that the most beloved black woman in comics has failed from gaining sustenance is funny to some people.

I just hope Marvel actually helps this solo succeed, even by giving it the fraction of the attention they do to Captain Marvel. They can't look at it like another mini. What's also worrying is that by the time it comes out there will already be sooo many x-books including minis which may have also held back her solo, although she will likely only be in one of them unlike back then. But again they need to give it more attention than all these other minis they're putting out, which I doubt they will.