• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    I want to see Ororo on the Ultimates. I would love to see Ewing's take on her. He would be a continuation of what McDuffie did with the New FF. That team would make her step her game up and really unleash her potential. She doesn't need a "power up" as we have, most of us, agreed on already. She just needs to be written correctly and to capacity. She's already more than powerful just as she is.
    He's my first choice of writer. The way he's written Monica and America has been so amazing, I need to see how he writes Ororo.

BANNED

Regardless of how we as fans want Storm, I don't think we will be disappointed in whatever direction Coates takes Storm in her Solo.

I pray not. But it HAS to start off correctly. With a bang. It can't start how the last one did. People need to get hooked and invested immediately or it'll be all for nothing.

BANNED

Even if it doesn't start off with a Bang(which I personally don't think it needs to) it will do fine. How Coates writes would be able to grab the reader and pull them in.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Even if it doesn't start off with a Bang(which I personally don't think it needs to) it will do fine. How Coates writes would be able to grab the reader and pull them in.
    I respectfully disagree. At this point in Ororo's tenure as a superhero, and the way she has been downcast is the last few years, I think it's imperative it start off strong with a clear consensus of what is going on and what the objectives and stakes are (and they need to be considerable). At least for this particular first story arc. The last book felt as though it had no direction or purpose until MUCH later. Which, even with it not having promotion, would've hurt the sales.

BANNED

I respectfully disagree. At this point in Ororo's tenure as a superhero, and the way she has been downcast is the last few years, I think it's imperative it start off strong with a clear consensus of what is going on and what the objectives and stakes are (and they need to be considerable). At least for this particular first story arc. The last book felt as though it had no direction or purpose until MUCH later. Which, even with it not having promotion, would've hurt the sales.
    That's fine if you disagree, but truth be told It really doesn't. Storm's first Issue Greg Pak Started Storm off with a Bang and the arc still fell through. Just goes to show with a good writer starting out with a Bang doesn't always help. Honestly, it really doesn't matter how it starts. Just as long as it has a good Story to back it up which Coates can deliver.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-09-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That's fine if you disagree, but truth be told It really doesn't. Storm's first Issue Greg Pak Started Storm off with a Bang and the arc still fell through. Just goes to show with a good writer starting out with a Bang doesn't always help. Honestly, it really doesn't matter how it starts. Just as long as it has a good Story to back it up which Coates can deliver.
    You felt the Pak series started off with a bang? How so? I thought it was an extremely confined (or so it seemed at the time) story. Almost like a one shot.

BANNED

The market will not support her solo. It won't.

Do people really think that Storm isn't fit to lead just because of the terrigen storyline? Is it not blatantly clear that she should've got rid of it by herself but didn't because there would be no story? She still did everything that she could along with Marvel holding her back.

She moved as many mutants as they could find to Limbo where they were safe from both the cloud and the hate that Cyclops "caused". She declared that she would protect mutants, inhumans and humans alike and put down anyone who dared hurt them. And it took a well thought out plan from Emma and having a kid die in her arms to decide going to war with the Inhumans was the best option. She should've talked to the Inhumans and demanded the rest do so, but that didn't work with Marvel's plan to have the X-Men look like villains to prop up the Inhumans.

Certainly not her best run but it seems like people are a little too harsh, including the writers. Anyone else's thoughts on how she was portrayed?

BANNED

Storm's solo needs to start with a bang and it needs a very compelling, big name villain that can draw in readership. The villain needs to be strong enough to be a huge threat to Storm. Also, the premise of the book needs to be outlined early on and it needs to be attention grabbing.

BANNED

So, along with Storm's solo title, what teambook should she lead? The concept Jean got in X-Men Red would have certainly been ideal for Ororo (with it being an international lineup and all) and it would have been a natural move for Storm given her whole history as leader of the X-Men, convincing the UN to sanction her X-Men team, being a former head of state when she was Queen of Wakanda, etc. Now that is off the board, what X-Men book would you create for Storm to lead, who would be on it, and what would their mission be?

BANNED

You felt the Pak series started off with a bang? How so? I thought it was an extremely confined (or so it seemed at the time) story. Almost like a one shot.
    The first issue starts off with Storm stopping a Tsunami, that was a good start off to her solo with that type of "BANG". Yes it was a bit confined until Issue 3 things went left.

Where is Storm's daughter and when was the last time she interacted with her? Has she mentioned to T'Challa that there is an AR future child of his running around somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but what's ooc about tchalla wanting to see a change for wakanda that can be better for them all?
    BK, I don't want to see the Storm thread derailed by my dislike of what Coates is doing so I'll just say this:

I see it the same way as Storm deferring leadership to Kitty and leave it at that.

Hopefully my timing isn't bad: would y'all recommend Ellis & Dodson's Storm mini?