• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

We had 50-something year old Storm in DoFP, but she could barely muster more than a slight hover, a gust of wind, and bolts of lightning. Meanwhile teenage/college aged Storm in Apocalypse was doing a lightning teleport....

Their 'age' on screen does not necessarily correlate to their skillset. That is completely on the screenwriters/directors/producers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    And the funny thing is (in a sad way), all the other female characters loss in the first round. I mean, Cloak over Monica!? And I like Cloak
    That surprised me too. But as badly as Storm's stock has fallen since her 80's glorydays, Monica's fall from her Avengers-lead days is even more drastic, despite her use in the Ultimates.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-27-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Am I the only excited for bp tomorrow??? Ahhhhhhhh!! The next few months should be exciting storm fans!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Indeed. Can't stand kid Storm and her flight and lightning only attacks which is all a teen could muster. Seasoned Storm plz. Hence why I'd rather her be the 25-28 year old. She doesn't have to do a big scale affect, but changing clothing, providing cover for the X-Men with mist. Those are things I wanna see for her.
    And natural born white hair. None of that apocalypse type nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Dark Phoenix will feature late 20's Storm/X-Men given it's 10 years after Apocalypse, but I don't see how that's automatically better. Meanwhile, we missed 10 years of their development onscreen....
    I can't take that seriously when none of them look like they're in they're late 20s. And that's coming from someone who looks young for a mid 20s person.

BANNED

That surprised me too. But as badly as Storm's stock has fallen since her 80's glorydays, Monica's fall from her Avengers-lead days are even more drastic, despite her use in the Ultimates.
    I don't think the Avengers were ever such a big deal, though. I mean, they never held the spotlight anything close to the X-Men from 1975-2005. I'm not shocked at all about Photon losing like that.

Personally, I hope that when Storm gets her solo title (fingers crossed) that she gets a huge role in the X-Men. I would like for Alan Davis to write a Storm-led X-Men team (minus all red-headed telepaths on the book's roster) while Coates does her solo. On top of this, I want her to appear in a non-X-title like the Defenders with a lineup of Storm, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Vision, She-Hulk, and Valkyrie written by Chris Claremont.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Am I the only excited for bp tomorrow??? Ahhhhhhhh!! The next few months should be exciting storm fans!!
    I'm there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I can't take that seriously when none of them look like they're in they're late 20s. And that's coming from someone who looks young for a mid 20s person.
    I agree the 10 year time skips are annoying and nonsensical when the actors barely even look any older from the 60's to the 90's.

That said, people really barely age from late teens to late 20's. It all starts happening in the early 30's! Take that from someone who looks young for their mid 30's compared to their peers.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-27-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I don't think the Avengers were ever such a big deal, though. I mean, they never held the spotlight anything close to the X-Men from 1975-2005. I'm not shocked at all about Photon losing like that.

Personally, I hope that when Storm gets her solo title (fingers crossed) that she gets a huge role in the X-Men. I would like for Alan Davis to write a Storm-led X-Men team (minus all red-headed telepaths on the book's roster) while Coates does her solo. On top of this, I want her to appear in a non-X-title like the Defenders with a lineup of Storm, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Vision, She-Hulk, and Valkyrie written by Chris Claremont.
    I'd love all of that(except screw Valkyrie and Vision, add Spidey or Daredevil and Ghost Rider or Silver Surfer instead). It remains to be seen what Marvel plans to do with Storm moving forward.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

We had 50-something year old Storm in DoFP, but she could barely muster more than a slight hover, a gust of wind, and bolts of lightning. Meanwhile teenage/college aged Storm in Apocalypse was doing a lightning teleport....

Their 'age' on screen does not necessarily correlate to their skillset. That is completely on the screenwriters/directors/producers.
    You are right it depends whom who is making the movie and how they decide to portray the character. Storm in Apocalypse was transporting through lightning due to a stupid upgrade by Apocalypse. It’s just the teenage XMen leave a bad taste in my mouth in the current movies I no longer want to see them that age I just prefer all of them as 20s except Jubilee or Kitty possibly Rogue, but Storm I want her how she actually was in her debut not struggling with her powers.
    Dark Phoenix will feature late 20's Storm/X-Men given it's 10 years after Apocalypse, but I don't see how that's automatically better. Meanwhile, we missed 10 years of their development onscreen....
    I’m not even talking about the train wreck that is DP if they even do anything with the character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    You are right it depends whom who is making the movie and how they decide to portray the character. Storm in Apocalypse was transporting through lightning due to a stupid upgrade by Apocalypse. It’s just the teenage XMen leave a bad taste in my mouth in the current movies I no longer want to see them that age I just prefer all of them as 20s except Jubilee or Kitty possibly Rogue, but Storm I want her how she actually was in her debut not struggling with her powers.

I’m not even talking about the train wreck that is DP if they even do anything with the character at all.
    Never forget comics Ororo was a pro at everything at any age! Expert thief as a child. More advanced cognition and coordination as an infant. Supremely skilled and powerful from day one of Giant Sized(and even pre, if you include Hidden Years). Don't let Fox-Men ruin things for you. The MCU will fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    And natural born white hair. None of that apocalypse type nonsense.
    Oh this pissed me off entirely. The only thing that could save this is if Storm was dying her hair black to not stand out more.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm there with you.
    I need some big feats I'm not sure we will get it this issue but by April I'm nosy certain we will.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Those are called "Thunderclapping Thighs!"
    < Draws those type of thighs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm there with you.
    Never thought I'd see the day I'd read this in a Storm thread.