• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Are you serious? Right infront of my salad?
    Lololol why are you so insane Lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Are you serious? Right infront of my salad?
    I'm sorry. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    You didn't like how he was characterized in this issue outside of the two interaction l?
    I'm still meh. He's got to do it on a consistent basis. One or two issues there just ain't gonna cut it.

But like I said, he writes T'Challa and Storm very well as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm still meh. He's got to do it on a consistent basis. One or two issues there just ain't gonna cut it.

But like I said, he writes T'Challa and Storm very well as a couple.
    Ok I get that the previous were not great to you but I'm just trying to get a gauge of this. If we are just looking at this issue alone and how he wrote Tchalla would you like his Tchalla?

And I agree about them as a couple I love it soooooo much.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

What is all of this stuff with Jean and Black Panther/Wakanda now? Read the solicitation for Red #2:

https://comicsverse.com/x-men-red-2-exclusive-preview/

Coates is doing a nice job with Storm and Panther/Wakanda. Can't Jean get her own stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    What is all of this stuff with Jean and Black Panther/Wakanda now? Read the solicitation for Red #2:

Coates is doing a nice job with Storm and Panther/Wakanda. Can't Jean get her own stuff?
    Lololol Rut I had to ignore it... I didnt want to be that bitch but seriously???? Since you brought it up let's discuss. Like I said, I wouldn't have any issue with Jean being in Wakanda using their resources if the x offices would mention what Coates has been doing. But they haven't. Ororo is dating him, helping him save Wakanda but Ororo hasn't whispered or shown any indication she knows he exist in Gold, yet in Red Jean is all up in Wakanda as if she is getting the royal pipe??? I'm just so confused lol.

Why when Storm was married to Tchalla did they barely even show him in the xbooks. Now Jean is his best friend??? No reference to storm setting up that connect?

Telling you soon Jean gone be saying by the bright lady and being worshipped as the Hadari Yao lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-01-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Ok I get that the previous were not great to you but I'm just trying to get a gauge of this. If we are just looking at this issue alone and how he wrote Tchalla would you like his Tchalla?

And I agree about them as a couple I love it soooooo much.
    It's an improvement. Like going from, "This muther-frakking isht is crap!", to "This frakking isht is crap!"

But for me, he's just done too much damage to a character I like to ever give him props for the way he writes him. He'd have to do some major isht to movethe needle in a big way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post

Jean is Storm's friend so Jean and BP should know each other too

It's an improvement. Like going from, "This muther-frakking isht is crap!", to "This frakking isht is crap!"

But for me, he's just done too much damage to a character I like to ever give him props for the way he writes him. He'd have to do some major isht to movethe needle in a big way.

Do you think he can write Tchalla in a way that you like but also no diminish how well he has written he and Storm together?

Also what are your thoughts of Tchalla helping out Jean out of the blue?

Lololol Rut I had to ignore it... I didnt want to be that bitch but seriously???? Like I said, I wouldn't have any issue with Jean being in Wakanda using their resources if the x offices would mention what Coates has been doing. But that haven't. Ororo is dating him, helping him save Wakanda but Ororo hasn't whispered or shown any indication she knows he exist in Gold, yet in Red Jean is all up in Wakanda as if she is getting the royal pipe??? I'm just so confused lol.

Telling you soon Jean gone be saying by the bright lady and being worshipped as the Hadari Yao lol.
    Hey, you gotta know the pecking order in the X-verse. They got Storm far down on the list.

Hey, you gotta know the pecking order in the X-verse. They got Storm far down on the list.
    Goddess I need her far far away from the x verse. It just seems like trolling at this point like seriously.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-01-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Do you think he can write Tchalla in a way that you like but also no diminish how well he has written he and Storm together?

Also what are your thoughts of Tchalla helping out Jean out of the blue?
    He's a writer so he probably could. He just hasn't shown any inclination or willingness to do it. Plus he's lost a lot of trust and goodwill with me so I'm always going to look at him with the side-eye.

As far as T'Challa and Jean, I have no problem with it. It would have been better if Jean approached Storm first and they both went to T'Challa. But it's an X-book so I only expect them to frak stuff up when it comes to BP/Wakanda.

BANNED

Lololol Rut I had to ignore it... I didnt want to be that bitch but seriously???? Since you brought it up let's discuss. Like I said, I wouldn't have any issue with Jean being in Wakanda using their resources if the x offices would mention what Coates has been doing. But that haven't. Ororo is dating him, helping him save Wakanda but Ororo hasn't whispered or shown any indication she knows he exist in Gold, yet in Red Jean is all up in Wakanda as if she is getting the royal pipe??? I'm just so confused lol.

Why when Storm was married to Tchalla did they barely even show him in the xbooks. Now Jean is his best friend??? No reference to storm setting up that connect?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Jean is Storm's friend so Jean and BP should know each other too
    Its just I'm still upset about the whole X-Men Red concept going to Jean Grey. When Storm was married to Panther, her character took a lot of hits. She was written down so badly in many instances to prop up either T'challa or Shuri. Even in her own mini series this was a problem and then the editorialship mandated that Storm be scaled back for Shuri...

The mission they have given Jean in Red would have been much more sensible to give to Storm and the way Wakanda is being used in the title would have made much more sense if this were a Storm-led book. This would have been a HUGE positive for Storm to take away from her marriage to Panther.

It just seems as if Marvel is trying to take from Storm to give to Jean because they want the redhead to be the leading lady of the X instead of Ororo...which is pathetic considering the fans prefer a well-written Storm over Jean anyway. Marvel just wants to transfer the popularity of a well-written Ororo to Jean.

The only solace we have in this is the promise of a Storm-ongoing title written by Coates. I hope Marvel does not cancel this project. I recall back in 2014 when the first Storm solo was coming out by Pak, we had all of these interviews from him about the book being posted online constantly months before the title even debuted. We are not even getting that right now. We get a Storm drawning by Bartel every blue moon as some kind of assurance, but it doesn't feel like Marvel is really serious about Storm's ongoing. It may be poorly marketed like last time when it was pretty much only Pak trying to push the book, or they may change their mind about it. Again, you guys, believe it when Marvel says they are going to do a new Storm ongoing when you start seeing more interviews about it, preview art, and solicitations. Otherwise, it just may not happen.

BANNED

I'm not so sure they have her way down the list, its just they would rather have a white female like Jean or Kitty take her spot as the Leading Lady of the X. Since no other female character can compete with a well-written Storm, they have to write her down to give any other female a chance. It's really sad. If the readers prefer a well-written Storm character over any other X-Man save Wolverine and maybe Gambit, then give us a well-written Storm. Marvel should be glad that we like one of their characters so much regardless of the color of her skin.

He's a writer so he probably could. He just hasn't shown any inclination or willingness to do it. Plus he's lost a lot of trust and goodwill with me so I'm always going to look at him with the side-eye.

As far as T'Challa and Jean, I have no problem with it. It would have been better if Jean approached Storm first and they both went to T'Challa. But it's an X-book so I only expect them to frak stuff up when it comes to BP/Wakanda.
    Will you give the new chapter a chance after this run is done or you like completely over it?

And I agree I wouldn't care either had it been handled just like you described it. And red seems to be handling bp/wakanda OK so far I wouldn't worry.