• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Blue contacts and white wig...call the roll call off.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-11-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I can get behind her.

Wait..., that didn't come out right.

I mean I can support her.

Ummm......let me re-phrase this.

She'd make a great Storm!
    OH you meant that every word of it lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Ion know. But I'll be damned if she isn't Storm in the flesh.
    Yaaasss ma'am...
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    OH you meant that every word of it lol
    Whoa BK! Don't spill!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Blue contacts and white wig...call the roll call down.
    Her
    Attachment 63220

Nyakem Gatweh
    Attachment 63221
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen you've post here. Welcome to the thread and thanks for sharing your thoughts. And I agree lupita as beautiful as she is doesn't give me storm. Naomi Campbell in her prime aesthetically is what I imagine Ororo to look like.
    lol thnx i was here a couple of months ago. I had forgot my password for the longest so i just lurked sometimes..idk.but yes Naomi is queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Your description of Storm very much matches mine. This is more how I envisioned her body shape.

Attachment 63168
    Yep #datway lol
    Veronika Bozeman
    She can sang <3

Amazing Member

i messed up..lol

Amazing Member

She did what she had to do when the time came lmao. Speaking of passing genes...Ms Munroe needs to start passing hers.
    Pls no kids. I want Storm to have a good solo run first and be established in her own right. My worst fear is her becoming the Black Sue Storm(No offense)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I prefer Storm to be single forever.
    No no. She should have a love life,but it shouldn't be a defining quality of character. A man does not and shouldn't be priority. Being a wife should not be a key point either. Im glad she and T'challa are dating again,but I dont think remarrying him is a good idea at this time. I wonder if Ororo would gel with a regular degular guy.... like with no powers. It would be cool if she had a "Steve Trevor"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Who was the guy doing her voice in XM:TAS again?

You aint gonna come for my Auntie Allison Smith not today

Maaannn...i wont..not tonite

Amazing Member

Anime Storm was fine as hell. foh (she was weak tho)

and she was darker than TAS Storm

As far as the debate on Storm's complexion. She should be darker and therefore have a darker actress portray her.I always imagined Storm being a pretty brown skinned girl,but hey thats me.
    Everyone is in a tizzy over her complexion and afraid of her being white washed..BUT she was created with blue eyes and bone straight white hair to begin with..IJS
    she still was created with some very eurocentric beauty ideals in mind..regardless of skin color,so I have no idea why everyone is going to war over what shade of brown she should be. Even with Halle's portrayal ,most non comic fans know Storm is " The Black chick ,white hair,controls the weather" BOOM! basic description and lets keep it moving ladies. I've seen this argument rehashed to death.Not trying to discredit the conversation of colorism and the effects it has on Hollywood,but this ish is tired guys...seriously

anyways now im all caught up on this thread

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thegoddess View Post
    Anime Storm was fine as hell. foh (she was weak tho)

and she was darker than TAS Storm

As far as the debate on Storm's complexion. She should be darker and therefore have a darker actress portray her.I always imagined Storm being a pretty brown skinned girl,but hey thats me.
    Everyone is in a tizzy over her complexion and afraid of her being white washed..BUT she was created with blue eyes and bone straight white hair to begin with..IJS
    she still was created with some very eurocentric beauty ideals in mind..regardless of skin color,so I have no idea why everyone is going to war over what shade of brown she should be. Even with Halle's portrayal ,most non comic fans know Storm is " The Black chick ,white hair,controls the weather" BOOM! basic description and lets keep it moving ladies. I've seen this argument rehashed to death.Not trying to discredit the conversation of colorism and the effects it has on Hollywood,but this ish is tired guys...seriously

anyways now im all caught up on this thread
    Many black Africans have naturally bone-straight hair. And some black Africans do have blue eyes.

Now not to say black people can't be very light. But Storm is not supposed to be tan lol She was created as a darker complexioned woman. And many want her to stay that way because the colorism has gotten old. Where only light-skinned black women, who can pass for something else are attractive. And the obviously dark skinned black woman are ignored.

You say the debate has gotten old. But so has America's obvious colorism in media. lol If they'd get a bit better about it, there wouldn't be as many complaints on the bias. Especially when it's comics, and we know how the characters were introduced. Then they just get changed for no reason -other than I guess, creative teams just don't want them too black.

Storm, Monet, and Sunspot are all black characters that have been lightened, with the latter 2 being completely race-changed. And there was no kind of reason for that which doesn't come off like they just didn't want M & Sun to be black. Then there was making Bishop evil out of nowhere for the sake of Summers' development. And other black characters that are MIA -like Frenzy.

They haven't gotten rid of Storm, but she's going the Monet route of being lightened, and may become a white character eventually. Monet did.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-11-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Nope. It is too early in the week for this shenanigans
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Many black Africans have naturally bone-straight hair. And some black Africans do have blue eyes.

Now not to say black people can't be very light. But Storm is not supposed to be tan lol She was created as a darker complexioned woman. And many want her to stay that way because the colorism has gotten old. Where only light-skinned black women, who can pass for something else are attractive. And the obviously dark skinned black woman are ignored.

You say the debate has gotten old. But so has America's obvious colorism in media. lol If they'd get a bit better about it, there wouldn't be as many complaints on the bias. Especially when it's comics, and we know how the characters were introduced. Then they just get changed for no reason -other than I guess, creative teams just don't want them too black.

Storm, Monet, and Sunspot are all black characters that have been lightened, with the latter 2 being completely race-changed. And there was no kind of reason for that which doesn't come off like they just didn't want M & Sun to be black. Then there was making Bishop evil out of nowhere for the sake of Summers' development. And other black characters that are MIA -like Frenzy.

They haven't gotten rid of Storm, but she's going the Monet route of being lightened, and may become a white character eventually. Monet did.
    Storm will never become a white character.

I'm sorry but I'll never stop talking about colorism. And I hope people continue to shed light on it (no pun intended).