10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I have a question based upon what we have been talking about and I didn't see anyone mention or answer this.

In Black Panther, Coates has explored her times as a woman living in Harlem and her ties to those people, has developed the character having her explore manipulating divine/mystical energies, has shown her as the one woman team buster brought in as reinforcements, shown wakandans respecting her and worshipping her as a goddess, he reconciled her and BP relationship after the xoffices botched the relationship, and he will be adding more meat to her history before she meet the xmen in an upcoming issue of Rise of the panther.

Now compare this to what the xoffices have shown her doing. I won't even waste my time listing it all as we have talked about it ad nausem. Aside from her and Tchalla relationship, Coates is clearly writing her in a respectful manner aligned to how she has always been: strong both in character and power. Why do you think the xoffices are intent on ignoring the things that he is doing?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I have a question based upon what we have been talking about and I didn't see anyone mention or answer this.

In Black Panther, Coates has explored her times as a woman living in Harlem and her ties to those people, has developed the character having her explore manipulating divine/mystical energies, has shown her as the one woman team buster brought in as reinforcements, shown wakandans respecting her and worshipping her as a goddess, he reconciled her and BP relationship after the xoffices botched the relationship, and he will be adding more meat to her history before she meet the xmen in an upcoming issue of Rise of the panther.

Now compare this to what the xoffices have shown her doing. I won't even waste my time listing it all as we have talked about it ad nausem. Aside from her and Tchalla relationship, Coates is clearly writing her in a respectful manner aligned to how she has always been: strong both in character and power. Why do you think the xoffices are intent on ignoring the things that he is doing?
    Lack of sleep causes insanity?

Serious answer: The X-office is not interested in exploring that side of Storm. She's written as a trophy, an object to be attained by others, not standing on her own two feet.

Many people in the X-forums have mistakenly claimed that she was being used to prop up T'Challa, yet have no objections to her being second-fiddle in her "rightful" home behinda number of characters.

When people are satisfied with the same old crap "she's in this book, she's in that book" but can't tell you of any significant development, then they will continue to get crap.

For some of us, that bullisht ain't enough, regardless of who the character is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Lack of sleep causes insanity?

Serious answer: The X-office is not interested in exploring that side of Storm. She's written as a trophy, an object to be attained by others, not standing on her own two feet.

Many people in the X-forums have mistakenly claimed that she was being used to prop up T'Challa, yet have no objections to her being second-fiddle in her "rightful" home behinda number of characters.

When people are satisfied with the same old crap "she's in this book, she's in that book" but can't tell you of any significant development, then they will continue to get crap.

For some of us, that bullisht ain't enough, regardless of who the character is.
    You're absolutely correct. Everything I see some on the x forum say about her in relation to to Tchalla is actually incorrect but what she is to the xmen. She is a background wallpaper character in the xbook. She is shown as trophy as to Wolverine, heck to even kitty versus actually having any sort of personal development standing on her own two feet.

So you're right the xoffices dont care and I'm simply tired of the bull as you stated. I won't be giving a cent to any xbook as long as she is treated the way she is.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

If BP is govern by the Avengers Editorial Office which is I’m guessing the Greater MU. What happens if Storm is received better there than the X-Office? Will they let her go or try to align with it. OR say”Nope That’s not our Storm”

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If BP is govern by the Avengers Editorial Office which is I’m guessing the Greater MU. What happens if Storm is received better there than the X-Office? Will they let her go or try to align with it. OR say”Nope That’s not our Storm”
    They're try to keep her. Right or wrong they would. That's what happened last time. The avengers office had her, but then they wanted her back.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well the thing is Storm is already received better by the Avengers side than the xoffices. This is why Coates was given the the green light to write her solo. I think once her solo comes out the xoffices at that point would be forced to align with what's happening there. And of course he will be writing stories that extend from what has been happening in his book.

BANNED

Well the thing is Storm is already received better by the Avengers side than the xoffices. This is why Coates was given the the green light to write her solo. I think once her solo comes out the xoffices at that point would be forced to align with what's happening there. And of course he will be writing stories that extend from what has been happening in his book.
    Yes, that’s true. I was wondering would they make up excuse on her character if she had a solo going from the X-Office side.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    They're try to keep her. Right or wrong they would. That's what happened last time. The avengers office had her, but then they wanted her back.
    They should let her go. The fact that they want her and can’t fathom an X-Men team without Storm proves she is very popular and wanted on that side.

Is that Storm solo even actually coming? I mean, Domino's series got announced and launched faster. We still have no concrete release date, which is very strange considering the publication schedule is usually done so far in advanced for comics. Bartel was not exactly forthcoming in her 'confirmation'.

Also, let's not act like Storm's run in the Avengers was so epic(probably just as bad if not worse than what we've seen in Gold), or her original run with Black Panther back in the marriage days.... I agree the X-Office has been in shambles since that time period also(for everyone other than Rightclops for those 10 years, and now just everyone), but you also have to factor in the movie rights(at Fox). While Marvel certainly didn't have to throw the X-Men under the bus in the comics(for the Avengers, then the Inhumans), one can certainly understand why they chose to do so. I can only hope that the Disney acquisition will change things, but that is moving at a glacial speed and the comics coming out now were likely plotted and planned half a year ago or longer, so it will still be some time before things shift(assuming that deal actually goes through).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Is that Storm solo even actually coming? I mean, Domino's series got announced and launched faster. We still have no concrete release date, which is very strange considering the publication schedule is usually done so far in advanced for comics. Bartel was not exactly forthcoming in her 'confirmation'.

Also, let's not act like Storm's run in the Avengers was so epic(probably just as bad if not worse than what we've seen in Gold), or her original run with Black Panther back in the marriage days.... I agree the X-Office has been in shambles since that time period also(for everyone other than Rightclops for those 10 years, and now just everyone), but you also have to factor in the movie rights(at Fox). While Marvel certainly didn't have to throw the X-Men under the bus in the comics(for the Avengers, then the Inhumans), one can certainly understand why they chose to do so. I can only hope that the Disney acquisition will change things, but that is moving at a glacial speed and the comics coming out now were likely plotted and planned half a year ago or longer, so it will still be some time before things shift(assuming that deal actually goes through).
    Were not sure how long domino's or X23 book was in the works when it was announced back in October they were going to release a Storm book. From those initial interviews the book seem to be at just the concept phase with no expected time frames on when it would be released. So it not being announced just yet is not something I'm concerned with. I actually didn't expect anything related to her solo to be announced until the end of BP solo book so that would fall sometime after May.

Also, any development I spoke on was in reference to her showings post her message. Some storm fans were outraged by her treatment during the marriage and wanted to see her back under the xoffices. These fans were told the xoffices has big plans for her but we of course have seen how much of a lie that was. All of her real development of value has occurred on the bp side thanks to Coates.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-14-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Isn't Dominos solo a mini?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    If I'm not mistaken I think it's an ongoing.

If I'm not mistaken I think it's an ongoing.
    Ok. Then it's weird that Storms hasn't been out yet.
    Does anyone have a link saying that they were 100% going to do a Storm solo? Or was it just one of those "I would like to do a Storm solo, but we'll see" sort of comments.

Ok. Then it's weird that Storms hasn't been out yet.
    Does anyone have a link saying that they were 100% going to do a Storm solo? Or was it just one of those "I would like to do a Storm solo, but we'll see" sort of comments.
    The question was brought up at a comic con type venue last October. A fan at the xmen panel asked could they do another storm book. One of the people from the panel said yes something is in the work, essentially. Coates and Bartel both confirmed on their social media accounts that they two had met to discuss the book. From all that was announced it didn't sound like the book was even at the development stage but was actually in the concept phase. I could be wrong but it seemed very early on.

What solo 'ongoing' isn't these days? Though I do think Domino is intended to be an ongoing series, as much as that means in this market. Gail Simone(the writer) is a veteran of the medium, though; she has loyal comic-buying followers, who knows? She might get lucky....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The question was brought up at a comic con type venue last October. A fan at the xmen panel asked could they do another storm book. One of the people from the panel said yes something is in the work, essentially. Coates and Bartel both confirmed on their social media accounts that they two had met to discuss the book. From all that was announced it didn't sound like the book was even at the development stage but was actually in the concept phase. I could be wrong but it seemed very early on.
    Let's just hope we get some news soon. I was kind of disappointed in Storms last solo. The art was great, just didn't care for the stories.