10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Let's just hope we get some news soon. I was kind of disappointed in Storms last solo. The art was great, just didn't care for the stories.
    I agree, Pak definitely dropped the ball; boring villains and shaky plots, even if he did get some good feats in there. Ibanez did some of the best work of his career, but the other fill in artists weren't as good, and the colorist was pretty boring in her approach. Overall, very disappointing solo for Ororo. Jen's work would automatically be more interesting, but Coates is an x-factor. I haven't been wowed by his Black Panther themes/pacing/action/characterization. His Ororo is better than his T'Challa for the most part, so that's something, but overall the series has been a bit of a quagmire. He's a journalist/novelist, not a comics writer, and it shows.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Let's just hope we get some news soon. I was kind of disappointed in Storms last solo. The art was great, just didn't care for the stories.
    Yeah, that was a downer for sure. I tried to get into it but I couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The question was brought up at a comic con type venue last October. A fan at the xmen panel asked could they do another storm book. One of the people from the panel said yes something is in the work, essentially. Coates and Bartel both confirmed on their social media accounts that they two had met to discuss the book. From all that was announced it didn't sound like the book was even at the development stage but was actually in the concept phase. I could be wrong but it seemed very early on.
    It's just weird to me that there was talk of this Storm solo in October, but here we are almost 6 months later and there's still no official word. Meanwhile, Domino was announced in January and now three months later we have a preview and it will be on sale in April.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What solo 'ongoing' isn't these days? Though I do think Domino is intended to be an ongoing series, as much as that means in this market. Gail Simone(the writer) is a veteran of the medium, though; she has loyal comic-buying followers, who knows? She might get lucky....
    TRUE!

Squirrel Girl got lucky. How I wish it was Ryan North who wrote the first Storm ongoing solo so we are guaranteed a long Storm ongoing solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    LoL. As much as I hate this pairing I got to love the trolling.

It's not like I want Storm to stay with T'challa anyway. I don't hate him but I don't really care either so I'd rather not have to buy his books (especially if Coates writes them) to follow one of my favorite X-Men. I want her to shine in an X-book. I suspect many fans still feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    LoL. As much as I hate this pairing I got to love the trolling.

It's not like I want Storm to stay with T'challa anyway. I don't hate him but I don't really care either so I'd rather not have to buy his books (especially if Coates writes them) to follow one of my favorite X-Men. I want her to shine in an X-book. I suspect many fans still feel this way.
    I can tell you that they aren't trolling BP fans with this.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

At the time I thought the stories were good, or at least I really wanted to believe so. However, looking back I would agree the stories were not that engaging.

I agree, Pak definitely dropped the ball; boring villains and shaky plots, even if he did get some good feats in there. Ibanez did some of the best work of his career, but the other fill in artists weren't as good, and the colorist was pretty boring in her approach. Overall, very disappointing solo for Ororo. Jen's work would automatically be more interesting, but Coates is an x-factor. I haven't been wowed by his Black Panther themes/pacing/action/characterization. His Ororo is better than his T'Challa for the most part, so that's something, but overall the series has been a bit of a quagmire. He's a journalist/novelist, not a comics writer, and it shows.
    I agree with everything you said about pak. He didn't go as far as I initially hoped he would. I wished he would have done more world building with her character and her overall impor to the Mu. Me personally, I'm waiting for a writer to go there with her times to the bright lady and build a mythos all around that. Give her a set of rogues from this pantheon and go from there. Flare it up a bit with elements of the WW but instead of all women Amazons play with a sect of women and/or men whose whole purpose revolves around worshipping the bright lady.

It's just weird to me that there was talk of this Storm solo in October, but here we are almost 6 months later and there's still no official word. Meanwhile, Domino was announced in January and now three months later we have a preview and it will be on sale in April.
    When you said Domino was announced in January how was it announced? Was it an official announcement with an expected date it would be released? Because storm never got any of that. The Marvel person said it was in the works from what I could recall and Coates confirmed it was in the works but again it all sounded very early in development based upon both his and Bartel's tweets at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The only people this trolls are people who want them together and even still we are unbothered because we know how the xoffices play.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Is that Storm solo even actually coming? I mean, Domino's series got announced and launched faster. We still have no concrete release date, which is very strange considering the publication schedule is usually done so far in advanced for comics. Bartel was not exactly forthcoming in her 'confirmation'.

Also, let's not act like Storm's run in the Avengers was so epic(probably just as bad if not worse than what we've seen in Gold), or her original run with Black Panther back in the marriage days.... I agree the X-Office has been in shambles since that time period also(for everyone other than Rightclops for those 10 years, and now just everyone), but you also have to factor in the movie rights(at Fox). While Marvel certainly didn't have to throw the X-Men under the bus in the comics(for the Avengers, then the Inhumans), one can certainly understand why they chose to do so. I can only hope that the Disney acquisition will change things, but that is moving at a glacial speed and the comics coming out now were likely plotted and planned half a year ago or longer, so it will still be some time before things shift(assuming that deal actually goes through).
    Yea, but it was written by Bendis so I didn't expect her to do much with that. He just wanted the kudos of making her an Avenger yet doing nothing with her besides making her "sleep in a bubble of sleeping gas". His boy Fraction did no better around the same time having her absolutely fail at stopping a motorcycle with lightning when winds would've just lifted the thing up.

I remember Hickman did an interview where he said he really wanted to write Storm, but it was at the time where they dissolved the marriage. So even though I know a few poster don't like him, I for one, would love for him to get the chance. I can see him understanding her ability and making great villains for the X-Men where she will be the powerhouse as she should be. So I'm hoping Hickman gets an X-book.

BANNED

Is that Storm solo even actually coming? I mean, Domino's series got announced and launched faster. We still have no concrete release date, which is very strange considering the publication schedule is usually done so far in advanced for comics. Bartel was not exactly forthcoming in her 'confirmation'.

Also, let's not act like Storm's run in the Avengers was so epic(probably just as bad if not worse than what we've seen in Gold), or her original run with Black Panther back in the marriage days.... I agree the X-Office has been in shambles since that time period also(for everyone other than Rightclops for those 10 years, and now just everyone), but you also have to factor in the movie rights(at Fox). While Marvel certainly didn't have to throw the X-Men under the bus in the comics(for the Avengers, then the Inhumans), one can certainly understand why they chose to do so. I can only hope that the Disney acquisition will change things, but that is moving at a glacial speed and the comics coming out now were likely plotted and planned half a year ago or longer, so it will still be some time before things shift(assuming that deal actually goes through).
    Ding! Ding! Ding! Now you're getting on the same page as I have been for a while. Like I've been saying for a while, you guys, believe there will be a Storm solo when you start seeing interviews from the writer about it and solicitations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Ding! Ding! Ding! Now you're getting on the same page as I have been for a while. Like I've been saying for a while, you guys, believe there will be a Storm solo when you start seeing interviews from the writer about it and solicitations.
    There was an interview with Mr Coates confirming a Storm ongoing solo.

And Ms Bartel continues to tease us with Storm arts.

That's enough proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You mean they too dislike the Ororo/T'Challa pairing? I can see why. No wonder the marriage got nixed.

But I was thinking about trolling those who hated the Storm/Wolverine relationship, me included (I still think it's hilarious). My problem is that it happened when Wolverine was at his most obnoxious (I was all for him being dead for a while even if I knew Marvel was going to milk the event so hard it would be like he never left). The other issue is that I don't find two people suddenly developing an attraction after living so close to each other for so long very believable. I've come around to the idea a little after others pointed out that Ororo & Logan seemed awfully close at times, so the attraction may always have been there but still, I have a hard time seeing them as anything more than f***buddies.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 03-14-2018 at 05:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    There was an interview with Mr Coates confirming a Storm ongoing solo.

And Ms Bartel continues to tease us with Storm arts.

That's enough proof.
    Things can get cancelled...

BANNED

Yes it can but I don't think it will.

It's Mr. Coates, the coolest writer of Marvel.

And he is a huge fan of Storm. In fact , he's a bigger fan of the xmen than BP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Yes it can but I don't think it will.

It's Mr. Coates, the coolest writer of Marvel.

And he is a huge fan of Storm. In fact , he's a bigger fan of the xmen than BP.
    As he just said. Things can get cancelled.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Jen confirmed less than a month ago it was still happening. I think everything should just relax and let's see what the new few months bring.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!