• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    You mean they too dislike the Ororo/T'Challa pairing? I can see why. No wonder the marriage got nixed.

But I was thinking about trolling those who hated the Storm/Wolverine relationship, me included (I still think it's hilarious). My problem is that it happened when Wolverine was at his most obnoxious (I was all for him being dead for a while even if I knew Marvel was going to milk the event so hard it would be like he never left). The other issue is that I don't find two people suddenly developing an attraction after living so close to each other for so long very believable. I've come around to the idea a little after others pointed out that Ororo & Logan seemed awfully close to each other at times so the attraction may always have been there but still, I have a hard time seeing them as anything more than f***buddies.
    Storm was made to be another trophy under Logans belt. It was something that should have honestly never happened.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Yes it can but I don't think it will.

It's Mr. Coates, the coolest writer of Marvel.

And he is a huge fan of Storm. In fact , he's a bigger fan of the xmen than BP.
    He's already on two books.

Attachment 63323

Again unless we hear otherwise from Coates, Jen, or Marvel I think we should just all chill and let's see what happens.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

He's already on two books.
    Coates is an intelligent man, he usually writes stories in advance. Prolly she's done with Storm stories and just needed to be drawn by Ms Bartel.

Or it could be similar to Black Panther and the Crew when Coates is kinda the manager/director but another person is writing.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Storm was made to be another trophy under Logans belt. It was something that should have honestly never happened.
    And Ororo had so many conquests it's become a running joke. She didn't follow through because for some reason it would have reflected badly on her. One may say Logan was made to be another trophy under her belt.
    Like I said, I hate this pairing but the trophy thing (or fear the "white penis" as some would have put it) is the least of my concerns.

BANNED

For me, it would be an interesting love triangle between Storm, Black Panther and Wolverine. The one thing they should have done before having Storm choose to marry BP. All the writer did was rush the story having Wolverine say he never touched Storm which is definitely a lie.

You mean they too dislike the Ororo/T'Challa pairing? I can see why. No wonder the marriage got nixed.

But I was thinking about trolling those who hated the Storm/Wolverine relationship, me included (I still think it's hilarious). My problem is that it happened when Wolverine was at his most obnoxious (I was all for him being dead for a while even if I knew Marvel was going to milk the event so hard it would be like he never left). The other issue is that I don't find two people suddenly developing an attraction after living so close to each other for so long very believable. I've come around to the idea a little after others pointed out that Ororo & Logan seemed awfully close at times, so the attraction may always have been there but still, I have a hard time seeing them as anything more than f***buddies.
    BP fans were very supportive of the marriage so they weren't the reason that it ended. But thanks to the shitty antics of the X-office, we were turned off by anything X-related.

Even, I turned on Storm. But, I came to realize that it was a mistake on my part to blame her for the dumb isht the X-offices does. This doesn't mean I'm endorsing them being together but it wouldn't bother me either way.

I just want both characters treated with respect and written correctly. That's why I'm back posting in her thread again. I'm a Storm fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    BP fans were very supportive of the marriage so they weren't the reason that it ended. But thanks to the shitty antics of the X-office, we were turned off by anything X-related.

Even, I turned on Storm. But, I came to realize that it was a mistake on my part to blame her for the dumb isht the X-offices does. This doesn't mean I'm endorsing them being together but it wouldn't bother me either way.

I just want both characters treated with respect and written correctly. That's why I'm back posting in her thread again. I'm a Storm fan.
    Is it safe to say most BP fans on this site dont like the Storm/BP pairing?

And Ororo had so many conquests it's become a running joke. She didn't follow through because for some reason it would have reflected badly on her. One may say Logan was made to be another trophy under her belt.
    Like I said, I hate this pairing but the trophy thing (or fear the "white penis" as some would have put it) is the least of my concerns.
    Being a sexually free character is not the issue. Ororo has only been sexually linked to Tchalla, forge, and trollverine. I'm sure he has been attached to a lot more than just three women. That aside that was not the point I was making. My point of saying she was his trophy is in response to some storm fans who said she was Tchalla trophy wife when marriedand that is why she should be back with the xmen. The thing is once these fans got their wish she was regulated to taking orders from sh!tclops and trollverine, then she became headmistress by sleeping with the troll. Smthe things these fans said were happening in BP book when they were married was actually happening in the xbooks yet I never saw these same fans openly discuss their anger as they did when they were married.

Is it safe to say most BP fans on this site dont like the Storm/BP pairing?
    Do you believe it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Do you believe it?
    Maybe not. I think it's more of like they dont like Mr Coates.

BANNED

BP fans and Storm fans should support each other.

I have a question based upon what we have been talking about and I didn't see anyone mention or answer this.

In Black Panther, Coates has explored her times as a woman living in Harlem and her ties to those people, has developed the character having her explore manipulating divine/mystical energies, has shown her as the one woman team buster brought in as reinforcements, shown wakandans respecting her and worshipping her as a goddess, he reconciled her and BP relationship after the xoffices botched the relationship, and he will be adding more meat to her history before she meet the xmen in an upcoming issue of Rise of the panther.

Now compare this to what the xoffices have shown her doing. I won't even waste my time listing it all as we have talked about it ad nausem. Aside from her and Tchalla relationship, Coates is clearly writing her in a respectful manner aligned to how she has always been: strong both in character and power. Why do you think the xoffices are intent on ignoring the things that he is doing?
    It's not a problem unique to Storm. As others have pointed out, other characters suffer from the same treatment. The answer is simple however: These aren't stories they want to tell.

I remember once reading an interview with an X-Men editor, (I think it was Storm fan Daniel Ketchum, but don't quote me on that), and the question was asked about continuity and the story conflict. The answer was basically ignore continuity in favor of the story.

The writers will ignore whatever factors they need to in order to tell the story that they want to tell. If it's that Storm can't control weather on a space station, well then that's what they'll write. If it's that Storm is powerless when in hell and there is no weather, well then that's what they'll write.

It's a terrible mindset that fosters lazy writing and does the fans and characters a disservice. Maintaining continuity should be a major function of editorial staff. When writers get to ignore a character's history anytime it doesn't fit their current story, we end up with the mess that is now Marvel comics.

Being a sexually free character is not the issue. Ororo has only been sexually linked to Tchalla, forge, and trollverine. I'm sure he has been attached to a lot more than just three women. That aside that was not the point I was making. My point of saying she was his trophy is in response to some storm fans who said she was Tchalla trophy wife when marriedand that is why she should be back with the xmen. The thing is once these fans got their wish she was regulated to taking orders from sh!tclops and trollverine, then she became headmistress by sleeping with the troll. Smthe things these fans said were happening in BP book when they were married was actually happening in the xbooks yet I never saw these same fans openly discuss their anger as they did when they were married.
    They were just happy to have her back, regardless of how much wallpaper she's become.

Like I said, if you set your standards low and accept the isht they give you, then all you'll get is isht.

Maybe not. I think it's more of like they dont like Mr Coates.
    Well, there's your answer.