• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    GOD!!!! She looks like Storm. Damn You Marvel you could’ve just waited till the deal went through. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    I see. Or maybe I don't... What did the X-office do, specifically?

I think the main problem is it's very hard to properly write larger than life characters like Storm into a book without completely overshadowing the title character or downgrading her. As we've seen, it can also be an issue in team books but the difference is no one expects every member to be on equal footing. Storm should be more competent and powerful than Kitty (and not take a nap every other issue).
    Read McDuffie's FF with Storm, BP, Ben and Johnny. It can be done.

The characters aren't the problem. It's unimaginative writers.

As far what the X-office did, read AvX and subsequent X-books that went out of their way to troll. You didn't see any of that with anyone writing BP.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post

Why would you only count the conquests she actually slept with (that we know of anyway)? Did T'challa only sleep with three women? Why does it matter if sexual freedom isn't the issue?
    I can't speak for those who made the trophy wife comments but to me the "wife" part was a big deal because it involved binding Storm to a character from another franchise, with more editorial consequences than her banging someone she already shared bathrooms with. And many fans complained. It's not like Aaron's run was widely acclaimed.

But IIRC, Kitty offered Ororo the headmistress position before she slept with the troll. And she didn't take orders from Cyclops after the annulment. She was in the line to slap him in the face for everything that went wrong during AvX even though she and most of the X-men willingly followed him, even after he got possessed by the PF, which he never asked for to begin with. That, I think, made her and the other X-men look bad.
    How many people either character has been with was never a point that I was trying to make. You mentioned O'roro having "many conquests" which the three (3) men she has been with I wouldn't count as many. Therefore, however many men T'challa slept with is not relevant. My initial point is that Storm fans made the complaints that when she was married to Black Panther, she was a trophy wife, arm candy, and was overshadowed by him so they wanted the marriage to be annulled. The irony is that after the X-offices promised they had big things in store for her, when she actually returned she was treated a heck of a lot worse, including sleeping with Trollverine and play second to Cyclops "kingdom". Moreover, why can characters like Wolverine and Rogue exist and function within the Xmen franchise, as well as outside it, but when it comes to Storm she can't? That was just an excuse the xoffices told people who wanted to see her in the Xbooks to stir up discord with the fanbase.

I think you are mistaken. When her marriage ended Ororo joined Wolverine at the Jean Grey school where he was headmaster. Thereafter, she slept with him to spite Tchalla. After some time she eventually became co-headmaster of the school. He then left upon which she became he headmaster. I was getting things confused. After the annulment, she was taking orders from Logan because he was in charge until of course she become co-headmaster.

i love her!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Read McDuffie's FF with Storm, BP, Ben and Johnny. It can be done.

The characters aren't the problem. It's unimaginative writers.

As far what the X-office did, read AvX and subsequent X-books that went out of their way to troll. You didn't see any of that with anyone writing BP.

please say this again!! and then 10 more times for those who missed it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Wrong. Storm was headmistress first before she slept with Logan.

Please get your facts straight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post

Storm already slept with Wolverine before even becoming a headmistress.

Nope you are wrong. It's been a while so some of the details I got murky. However, look at the scan before the one you posted.

Kitty asked her to be one in her place but before she would accept she asked Logan to not be afraid to break the kids and the other was to bang her out. Which my statement that she she slept with him to spite tchalla as well as slept her way into being a headmistress was correct.

So you please get your facts straight.

And welcome back
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-14-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Nope you are wrong. It's been a while so some of the details I got murky. However, look at the scan before the one you posted.

Kitty asked her to be one in her place but before she would accept she asked Logan to not be afraid to break the kids and the other was to bang her out. Which my statement that she she slept with him to spite tchalla as well as slept her way into being a headmistress was correct.

So you please get your facts straight.

And welcome back
    She didn't sleep her way to the top. That's inaccurate. She chose headmistress and then slept with Logan. She didn't take any time to do this which was what you said. You my dear are incorrect when you say Storm used sex to earn her position. She has the position and then had sex. She's not Emma.

BANNED

Id say she looks beautiful there.

She didn't sleep her way to the top. That's inaccurate. She chose headmistress and then slept with Logan. She didn't take any time to do this which was what you said. You my dear are incorrect when you say Storm used sex to earn her position. She has the position and then had sex. She's not Emma.
    Her favor was to not be afraid to push the kids and his d!ck. It's right there for you to see. Those were her terms. And you are right she could never be the fat cow. Thank the bright lady for that.

BANNED

Her favor was to not be afraid to push the kids and his d!ck. It's right there for you to see. And you are right she could never be the fat cow.
    Her favor was for a hair cut or did you miss that part? The dick was extra.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 03-14-2018 at 11:55 PM.

BANNED

Who bought X-men Blue #23? Can you post good Storm arts?

Cos I really love her look on the preview pages.

BANNED

Which came first? Headmistress Ororo or the sex?

Which came first? Headmistress Ororo or the sex?
    Sex that was the terms.

Her favor was for a hair cut or did you miss that part? The dick was extra.
    She said before she told her the answer to if she was taking the job she would need two favors from him. Sex came first
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-15-2018 at 12:08 AM.

BANNED

She said before she told her the answer to if she was taking the job she would need two favors from him. Sex came first
    So you are ignoring the haircut. She said before she had sex with him that she was head mistress and then he cut her hair and then they had sex. Sex was never part of it.

1. Pushing kids was the first one.
    2 the second was a haircut.

Neither of those things had anything to do with sex.