• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Fighting Ability

Can I get some of these goodies for the Storm Solo.

3. His version of her as shown in the crew is some of the best Storm I've ever read. She unapologetically black and she is shown loving and embracing aspects of her heritage that go beyond being mutant. You must understand, before she was an xman, before she was a mutant, she was a black person. And that is just as important to explore as the her being x-men and mutant.
    Yup. Everyone get's to explore their past and heritage in an X-book except our sleep expert.

What do you always hear about Storm? "She's beyond race." LMFAO! One of if not the most bullisht comment I will ever hear about Storm.

Saw this and had to share....

Attachment 63465
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Attachment 63465
    Ms.Wig? Ms.Wig?? OMG She DEAD
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yup. Everyone get's to explore their past and heritage in an X-book except our sleep expert.

What do you always hear about Storm? "She's beyond race." LMFAO! One of if not the most bullisht comment I will ever hear about Storm.

If you don't say that like it's never been said before! Yes! It's all tied to the removal of blackness from the narrative. The very narrative that I've been highlighting with my posts. It's the very thing that gives these people what they consider "proof" of their claims. On the one hand, it's hard to accept someone who genuinely believes that Storm's race doesn't matter. They'd have to be delusional or plain plum stupid to honestly believes those words when the X-men, the group Storm is forever tied to, is built on the idea of mutants as a new evolved race. These people could be considered crazy, but when you add in the fact that the editorial narrative gives their beliefs a lot of credence, it's hard to really fault the readers. I mean the brainwashed ones. These people have been sold on the idea that because Storm has been isolated from all other blacks, she's the one exception to the rule and a representation of all the races. The same people will then wholly ignore the fact that Ororo Munroe has an African American father and a Kenyan mother.

1. Yup

2. Yup and that's true. She's been taking orders pans playing second to others since the marriage dissolved and when she was fully in charge she was self-doubting and bested by a cloud. So Yea I think that's an accurate statement

3. Again storm was taking orders not making her own mandates. If you want to see what she should have done see the the treatment Jean has gotten post her resurrection.

4. You have no idea how she would have looked during IvX. Again what we do know is that the most development and the most care has been given to her in the bp books not the xbooks.

1. No storm was talking about her own personal ascension to being an actual goddess. Thunderbird didn't believe she was being serious therefore she gave him a point of reference he could relate to by reminding him of the difference between human and mutants, how mutants have ascended from that being. So your interpretation of that scan is incorrect.

2. Those scans happened prior to the one I posted therefore they are irrelevant. He established her becoming a goddess was a state per my scan she hasn't yet achieved. Unless you can provide any later scans from Claremont your statements are incorrect. Nevertheless, Coates is giving her the most character development she has had in years post the marriage.
    If what you got from these scans is Storm "taking orders" from Cyclops or her casually telling Thunderbird she's in the process of becoming an actual goddess with worshipers and stuff (and not freaking out about it even though she's fought the idea all these years)... yeah sure, no wonder you came up with that "sex was one of the terms" nonsense. You're not hitting people with facts, though, just with your weird fantasies and wild interpretations.

3. His version of her as shown in the crew is some of the best Storm I've ever read. She unapologetically black and she is shown loving and embracing aspects of her heritage that go beyond being mutant. You must understand, before she was an xman, before she was a mutant, she was a black person. And that is just as important to explore as the her being x-men and mutant.
    So being Black and embracing her heritage involves blurting petty, bigoted stuff like "I like mayonnaise... in doses", being a hypocrite and not understanding how gentrification works? How godess-y of her. Thanks but I'll pass on that kind of "development".

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lolol it's actually a fact that Storm was more respected as a limbo character in Black Panther's solo before the real Storm made her return to the X-men. She hasn't really returned to the X-men. Not the Storm that we deserve. But she has in fact made a return in Black Panther's solo as a "limbo" character. And she is being more respected over there. So there's that.

Anywho, she was following Scott and she was following Logan, taking orders from the both of them. I'm not here or anyone claiming she wasn't taking orders from both of them. Storm did not become headmistress in a book called Storm and the X-men. On that fact, she was not a leader in her own right. She was still in Wolverine's shadow. She was not at the height of her supposed power after the annulment, but if you believe that to be true, then that's a great disservice that you do her character. Storm was not given full control of the X-Men, a position she held when the team was at their most prominent. She wasn't given that fake push until after both Cyclops and Wolverine were killed off. And that wasnt on the table until after she had sex with Wolverine. This only further highlights the narrative of Storm being set back on her "right course" due to the white penis. You can play like it's not there to be seen, but that wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

Awww, shucks. Thanks, love. I just want Storm to be given the respect a character of her stature deserves. I will never quit the fight! Storm would never quit on me. Lolololol we are both still waiting on explanations on how much worse off she was in Black Panther as opposed to her home turf. Not a single person has presented a list of the groundbreaking storylines she was given since her return to the X-fold. What we do know is all that respect she was waiting on, the prospect of being home and done right, all the amazing stories the X-Office was dying to tell with her, but couldn't, they've culminated with Kitty giving her orders. It's absurd, but it is what it is. Just keep making way for the truth... *side-eye 'em while you make way too*
    You're intentionally missing the point. Storm did get a more prominent role after the annulment but I don't think anyone here is claiming it was a great development or generally good writing.
    The thing is, despite your speculations, there is no guarantee she would have fared better if she was still married. Ivx would still have happened, with the same mandatory drama. And judging by the sales, the fans weren't that excited by her great development in Black Panther either (when he even had his own book, that is).

Also, Storm was the leader in both Wood's adjectiveless and Uncanny X-Force before Wolverine died. And she "wasn't on the table" until she stopped being tied to another franchise. If you think also appearing in a book named "Wolverine & the X-men" and not being the sole leader in the whole X-line means she was in Wolverine's shadow, what do you make of her appearance in a book named "Black Panther" or her following him around as a substitute member in other teams?

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. Storm in fact did not return as the leading lady she left as until her sexcapade with Wolverine was fully documented across multiple books of the X-line. It's also very telling when you and a few other people imply that "Storm returning as a leading lady" only applies to the headmistress position. Again, you and quite a few other people get yourselves tangled up with the idea of a narrative running and the stories or arcs that paint the picture. Storm did not reach the level of head honcho or the leading lady position until IvX. So you keep on with that out and out lie that Storm was written to receive the white penis (to the shame of a black one) in order for her to receive the biggest push or highest status amongst the mutants. You just keep at it. Just know that canon disagrees and the overarching narrative betrays you. But don't let that get in the way of you making a point.
    I was addressing specific claims made by Butterflykiss about how Storm became headmistress AND I used "leading lady" when recapping your larger point because that's the words you used. You're the one conflating the two.

Like I said, your interpretation about how Storm was treated editorially and why, is one thing. But if you're actually claiming, like Butterfly, that she became headmistress in the story by sleeping with Wolverine or that sex was one of her conditions to take the job... the departure from reality on such basic things makes it even more difficult to take your larger "shaming of the black penis" theory seriously.

Oh, wow, look at you. Despite the fact that anyone with a brain should be able to tell you she's a FICTIONAL character, you let THAT part of my post stop you from grasping the very real issues at hand? Really, that part? You really read my post and saw only that? Sorry if that says more about you than it does about me. You took the easiest way out to dismissing the logic in what I'm saying. I ain't mad at you, tho. I've just come to expect for people to try a little harder when they come for one of my posts.
    Well, comments like that, as well as your sometimes, let's say... passionate tone do detract from your other points.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 03-18-2018 at 02:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Attachment 63465
    My Favorite Costume I Love this one.

If you don't say that like it's never been said before! Yes! It's all tied to the removal of blackness from the narrative. The very narrative that I've been highlighting with my posts. It's the very thing that gives these people what they consider "proof" of their claims. On the one hand, it's hard to accept someone who genuinely believes that Storm's race doesn't matter. They'd have to be delusional or plain plum stupid to honestly believes those words when the X-men, the group Storm is forever tied to, is built on the idea of mutants as a new evolved race. These people could be considered crazy, but when you add in the fact that the editorial narrative gives their beliefs a lot of credence, it's hard to really fault the readers. I mean the brainwashed ones. These people have been sold on the idea that because Storm has been isolated from all other blacks, she's the one exception to the rule and a representation of all the races. The same people will then wholly ignore the fact that Ororo Munroe has an African American father and a Kenyan mother.
    I loved the X-Men growing up as a kid. But the more I read into their narrative and the more that I saw a lack of representation in mutants, I quickly soured on them.

The nerve to preach about unity and inclusion while excluding some real life minorities is hypocrisy to the nth degree.

Storm was the one link they had and they put their full weight behind the effort to diminish her blackness to the point where being a mutant was the only important thing.

LOVE Blood Storm's new hairdo. Its better than Storm's modern day mohawk IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Probably but I think it also has a lot to do with the artist.

Queen of the undead. The girls arent seeing her coffin! WIG!!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Lol, pretty funny.

Does she come with Taco Fries?

I'm not familiar with her, but what do you guys think of Dewanda Wise as Storm? She was suppose to be in Captain Marvel but had to exit due to scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I'm not familiar with her, but what do you guys think of Dewanda Wise as Storm? She was suppose to be in Captain Marvel but had to exit due to scheduling.

Love her but my mind is already made up in my case
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡