1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post

Love her but my mind is already made up in my case
    Either will do wizard.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yup. Everyone get's to explore their past and heritage in an X-book except our sleep expert.

What do you always hear about Storm? "She's beyond race." LMFAO! One of if not the most bullisht comment I will ever hear about Storm.

She's only above race because as some have mentioned she is meant to be a token to give the facade of diversity without actually bringing all the life experiences and perspective that would come from having a black person on the team. It's some of the dumbest 'ish I've seen people who would wish her blackness away have to say. Like i said a few posts back, she was black before she was a mutant or an Xmen. Ain't no way then she should be transcending that and I'm glad Coates is giving meat to that aspect of her mythos. And just as a FYI the next time someone says she is above race i'm going to remind them even her best friend didn't believe that:

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Can I get some of these goodies for the Storm Solo.
    I most certainly hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    And while I'm at it, I felt the need to quote this again. I would never presume to be the smartest person in the room, so I'd like to think that someone would see the forest through the trees. Because you feign at understanding the many issues that come along with an issue like gentrification, I'm totally convinced that the idea of black penis fear is beyond your scope. That's not to be rude. It's just more proof to me that you can't personally identify with a black anything, much less a black penis. Because of this observation I'm going to attempt to break it down a bit further. I'm going to bring it back around to Storm, as I always do, and hopefully it doesn't get deleted.

When you acknowledge that the penis was used throughout history as a weapon to impose sexual assault and reproduction, that also comes with the realization that black men in particular have the capacity to make offspring with the highest saturation of melanin. Forcibly removing black males from the table removes their ability to reproduce and create children with an over-saturation of melanin. EDITORIALLY removing black males from the stories paints a narrative that they aren't permitted to reproduce only be exterminated.

Storm, despite her greatness, cannot impose a sex act for the sole purpose of spreading her genetic material. She's not a male. She can however choose her preferred sexual partner that exhibits the qualities that are best likely to translate to a good father for her offspring. It's been theorized the the greatest transfer of power is during the sperms release and its swim to the egg. Only the strongest one makes the journey successfully. (Its more than a theory when you consider that only the strongest bulls are used to breed.) Note that if all black penis (the ability to impose a sex act for the purpose of reproduction) is EDITORIALLY removed from the board, then EDITORIALLY the narrative is clear that if Storm is to have children in the X-verse, more than likely the preferred sexual partner will be a white male. You you realize that Cyclops has multiple children. Wolverine has multiple children too. Magneto does. Xavier does. I could go on and on. I know someone is gonna count Bishop's only daughter. I'm waiting to laugh at them.

Removing black men (Who come with penises) from the narrative does send a message of fear for their genetic potential. (Lol it's the same exact reason mutants themselves were decimated.) And it does send a message that their kind isn't welcomed in the X-verse. It's crazy because this overarching issue that I'm explaining has been played out over and over again in multiple ways in American history. Black men in America have for centuries have been depicted as terrible father's and undesirable. This narrative is subtlety at play. You may like to overlook it or view it in a dimmly lit room, but the issue is very real. And its there for those that don't have the privilege of overlooking it.
    AND THE CHURCH OF THE HADARI YAO said AMEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    If what you got from these scans is Storm "taking orders" from Cyclops or her casually telling Thunderbird she's in the process of becoming an actual goddess with worshipers and stuff (and not freaking out about it even though she's fought the idea all these years)... yeah sure, no wonder you came up with that "sex was one of the terms" nonsense. You're not hitting people with facts, though, just with your weird fantasies and wild interpretations.

So being Black and embracing her heritage involves blurting petty, bigoted stuff like "I like mayonnaise... in doses", being a hypocrite and not understanding how gentrification works? How godess-y of her. Thanks but I'll pass on that kind of "development".

It's not about what I got from the scans as they are pretty clear and speak for itself. Thunderbird asks her if she was a real goddess as Rogue had told him. She stated she wasn't there yet. He then asked was she joking. She didn't follow that up with a yes I'm joking or don't take me seriously. What she followed that up with is commentary on how mutants have the capacity to transcend their being. In her case transcending would be finally becoming an actual goddess (hence her statement I'm not there yet). In regards to the "sex was one of the terms" nonsense, how is it nonsense when that is exactly what the scan shows? Her becoming an official headmistress of that school did not happen until she and Wolverine were intimate. That is fact.

Ororo embracing her blackness is being among people who look like her and celebrating a culture they all were birthed from. This included going to Harlem her birthplace and immersing herself in the community. I'm not going to go into the mayo comment or gentrification topic any more as that is based upon your opinion. You can reduce Coates showing her embracing her blackness to that but it doesn't matter as however you conclude to perceive it won't change the fact it's canon. I'm very sure we will get more moments of her embracing said blackness in the BP book, as well as her future solo. I'm here for it, Marvel is here for since they are allowing him to write her solo so if you have issue it will not in anyway stop the train as it is still moving full steam ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    You're intentionally missing the point. Storm did get a more prominent role after the annulment but I don't think anyone here is claiming it was a great development or generally good writing.
    The thing is, despite your speculations, there is no guarantee she would have fared better if she was still married. Ivx would still have happened, with the same mandatory drama. And judging by the sales, the fans weren't that excited by her great development in Black Panther either (when he even had his own book, that is).
    Being headmistress of a low rate school that is probably not even accredited is in NO WAY more prominent than being the Queen of the most advance nation in the MU. Please just stop with the nonsense. And when you are done with your hypothetical talk which mean nothing in relation to 616, Storm was reduced to wallpaper so that Wolverine and Cyclops could be propped up and when she finally had her moment to shine she was defeated by a cloud. So not sure how she went to being more prominent unless I've missed some xmen issues where she was leading her own group of mutants that wasn't bequeathed to her by way of cyclops, Logan and/or kitty.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-18-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    She's only above race because as some have mentioned she is meant to be a token to give the facade of diversity without actually bringing all the life experiences and perspective that would come from having a black person on the team. It's some of the dumbest 'ish I've seen people who would wish her blackness away have to say. Like i said a few posts back, she was black before she was a mutant or an Xmen. Ain't no way then she should be transcending that and I'm glad Coates is giving meat to that aspect of her mythos. And just as a FYI the next time someone says she is above race i'm going to remind them even her best friend didn't believe that:

Mind control or not I couldn't hang around Jean for a few months after just to get over it if I were Storm. I'd definitely had burned everything to the ground too.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Mind control or not I couldn't hang around Jean for a few months after just to get over it if I were Storm. I'd definitely had burned everything to the ground too.
    Hello?? Xmen fans are OK with her being logsns fun toy or even that showing but want to cry about bigotry when she is finally shown unapologetically bring black. That was some f'd up ish and I completely agree storm should have been burning everything up or at least talked to her to see did any of that come from her heart.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hello?? Xmen fans are OK with her being logsns fun toy or even that showing but want to cry about bigotry when she is finally shown unapologetically bring black. That was some f'd up ish and I completely agree storm should have been burning everything up or at least talked to her to see did any of that come from her heart.
    I haven't read this story yet (I'm still catching up on my X-Men reading). What happens next? Because if this is used just for shock value then it's pretty disgusting and rubs me the wrong way.

I haven't read this story yet (I'm still catching up on my X-Men reading). What happens next? Because if this is used just for shock value then it's pretty disgusting and rubs me the wrong way.
    Cyclops remembers his psychic rapport with Jean and hopes that will get the xmen out of the mess they were in... And then it goes back to their current situation :

Just as a FYI I don't use anything for shock value. I provide evidence from 616 to support my statements. So your frustration or any feelings of disgust or being rubbed the wrong way shouldn't be directed at me. I didn't write the stories.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-18-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Hey BK, I think Crimz was referring to the scene itself, not that you posted it.

Hey BK, I think Crimz was referring to the scene itself, not that you posted it.
    OH Lolol... I hope so... If Crimz wasn't referring to me I apologize for my FYI. I initially thought this but reread it and it sounded like they thought I was posting it for shock value.

Cyclops remembers his psychic rapport with Jean and hopes that will get the xmen out of the mess they were in... And then it goes back to their current situation :

Just as a FYI I don't use anything for shock value. I provide evidence from 616 to support my statements. So your frustration or any feelings of disgust or being rubbed the wrong way shouldn't be directed at me. I didn't write the stories.
    Why would I be upset with you? I'm upset with the story that seemingly uses Jean treating Storm as a slave solely for shock value. It's gross.

Why would I be upset with you? I'm upset with the story that seemingly uses Jean treating Storm as a slave for shock value.
    My apologies love. I thought you were saying I posted it for shock value. Please forgive me for my incorrect assumption boo!!

My apologies love. I thought you were saying I posted it for shock value. Please forgive me for my incorrect assumption boo!!
    It's ok. Things can get easily misconstrued on the internet.

Who wrote that story by the way? Was it Claremont?

It's ok. Things can get easily misconstrued on the internet.

Who wrote that story by the way? Was it Claremont?
    Thanks for understanding. And yes it was Claremont.

OH Lolol... I hope so... If Crimz wasn't referring to me I apologize for my FYI. I initially thought this but reread it and it sounded like they thought I was posting it for shock value.
    I am one with the Force and the Force is with me!

Lololol...
    Silly goose.