7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Storm sighting; X-MEN GOLD #23
    spoilers below
    Attachment 63641

I'm now convinced that Guffenheim is also one of those anti-Storm posters from the Rumblers Board.

And what happened in that panel? Was that a slap? Palm blow? Claw? Scratch? Not sure if I ever saw Ororo get tagged first in a h2h.

Isn't Storm in particular considered a heroine and celebrity in the 616 world, especially NYC? Now she's being treated like some two bit crook.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Storm sighting; X-MEN GOLD #23
    spoilers below
    Attachment 63641

I'm now convinced that Guffenheim is also one of those anti-Storm posters from the Rumblers Board.

And what happened in that panel? Was that a slap? Palm blow? Claw? Scratch? Not sure if I ever saw Ororo get tagged first in a h2h.

Isn't Storm in particular considered a heroine and celebrity in the 616 world, especially NYC? Now she's being treated like some two bit crook.
    That is not Storm, none of us here know her.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Drizzle regained her powers and Storm asked her to pretend to be her while she is in Wakanda. That's my headcanon.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Sharon_King_(Earth-616)
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Works for me
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yasss! Presenting: Princess Ororo Munore of house N'Dare, the Almighty Storm, Skybreaker and All-Mother, Goddess of Life, Mistress of the Elements, Stabber of Hearts, Liberator of the Morlocks, Hadari Yao, Smiter of Infidels, Queen of the Mutants and Breaker of Balls!
    This is perfection.

Attachment 63629

So I don't know who actually created this, but it's an interesting costume concept that I could see working for MCU Storm, especially with the Dora Milaje elements. What do you all think?
    Nice! Very nice! That's the look she should have in the comics.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b054d118deeba3

In 1975, Marvel created Storm, a literal goddess and*its first ever black heroine. Ororo Munroe was born into a line of ancient African priestesses with signature white hair and magical abilities. Using the Earth’s magnetic field, she has the ability to control the weather both on and off*the planet,*making her an*Alpha-Level Mutant, outranking most other heroes in the X-Men canon.

So maybe I'm wrong but I didn't know the earth's magnetic field had anything to do with how she manipulated weather. Smh
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Attachment 63629

So I don't know who actually created this, but it's an interesting costume concept that I could see working for MCU Storm, especially with the Dora Milaje elements. What do you all think?
    That's just an awesome costume and look for her!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    That's just an awesome costume and look for her!
    Yes that costume looks amazing.. Very nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b054d118deeba3

In 1975, Marvel created Storm, a literal goddess and*its first ever black heroine. Ororo Munroe was born into a line of ancient African priestesses with signature white hair and magical abilities. Using the Earth’s magnetic field, she has the ability to control the weather both on and off*the planet,*making her an*Alpha-Level Mutant, outranking most other heroes in the X-Men canon.

So maybe I'm wrong but I didn't know the earth's magnetic field had anything to do with how she manipulated weather. Smh
    She pulls on the power of the earth's(and the wider cosmos's) electromagnetic field to supply all the energy necessary to conjure huge storm and lightning bolts out of nowhere. In the comics, especially when she does something big, Claremont would often specify her drawing on the earth's EM field to do the task, Pak used it too, but it's not always specified.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

She pulls on the power of the earth's(and the wider cosmos's) electromagnetic field to supply all the energy necessary to conjure huge storm and lightning bolts out of nowhere. In the comics, especially when she does something big, Claremont would often specify her drawing on the earth's EM field to do the task, Pak used it too, but it's not always specified.
    I always thought she just manipulated the energies and forces she perceived with her energy sight. I know she has tapped into the earth's EM before but how it reads it comes off like the em is the gate to her ability to manipulate the weather. She can be in the presence of space completely void of the earth's EM and still use her power to manipulate energy such as her galactic core feat.

Very nice posts. I think I like the first look the best. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I always thought she just manipulated the energies and forces she perceived with her energy sight. I know she has tapped into the earth's EM before but how it reads it comes off like the em is the gate to her ability to manipulate the weather. She can be in the presence of space completely void of the earth's EM and still use her power to manipulate energy such as her galactic core feat.
    Electromagnetic fields pervade all of space. The earth's EM field is only a reflection of/reaction to the greater cosmic fields(the suns', the galactic, the intergalactic, etc). Storm's energy sight gives her a view of these fields, and her mind is able to manipulate them, but it's largely the energy of these fields doing the 'work'. She molds the ever-present energies far moreso than generating them herself(with her mutant metabolism, I would image her mitochondria are extremely efficient at ATP free electron creation), but only to a certain extent.

The energy of a hurricane naturally is coming from accumulated solar radiation that is stored in the earth, air, and water. When Storm wants to make a hurricane where/when a hurricane wouldn't naturally form, she has to induce an energetic exchange equivalent to many multiple atomic bombs, in a blink of an eye(or 'less than a conscious thought' etc). She doesn't just make that energy from nowhere, she pulls it from the earth's electromagnetic field(which itself is a reaction between the spinning iron crystal of the earth's core and the sun's electromagnetic field, which is its self a reaction between the twisting plasma core of the sun and the wider galactic EMF, which itself is a reaction between the galactic budge and the intergalactic EMF field and so on and so forth).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-22-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Hey, what would happen if storm is young, when the x men make their debut in MCU? Like she's 20 years old or younger 18 or 19. Same with Jean, Scott, and the rest.

I'm pretty sure all or some of you would be really piss. Since Black panther is your thing.... And he's not young.