• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They powered down Strange and gave him a sword.

Thor does more punching and hitting with his hammer than he tosses lightning bolts.

BK my friend believe me, I don't want a watered down Storm.

Don't think that this about being a Black Female. Misty Knight was just kicking ass in Sam's Cap book. They keep giving Luke Cage a series. They give Falcon a series. Rogue gets to lead an Avengers team and is kicking ass in the No Surrender story.

I don't want the to take away from Storm. I'm saying that they have to use all of her abilities and stop just using the strike and pose. That's all they do. That's the only thing they do. She tapped into the power of a sun/star, some mysterious energy. That's awesome no doubt. But why can't she channel into a fist and knock the snot out of somebody?

Why is it always a lighting strike or energy blast?

Do you think Carol or Shulkie are more compelling than Storm? Heck no! But, they get to kick ass in a variety of ways.
    Thor has superstrength, so it is understandable why he would punch more than Ororo when fighting superpowered foes. The same holds true for She-Hulk and Carol. When they punch people out, they are still using their super powers. Storm should be afforded the same opportunities to use her powers. Plus, lets face it, visually, to see the fury of the elements drawn on a page in full force is far more exciting than just seeing a fist crammed in somebody's face.

I'm not saying I don't want to see Storm's H2H combat, but she needs to have foes like Adversary and Ego, the Living Planet where she can show her stuff powerwise as well. Again, all aspects of the character needs to be showcased.

BANNED

You two are hopeless!

Feets? I spelled "Feets!" C'mon man.

Anyhoo, honestly, I don't care about Storm tappinginto the power of a Black Hole, White Dwarf, Yellow Sun etc., etc.

I want more H2h from Storm. More fighting.

As a matter of fact, Storm should have a lighting fist or a tsunami kick. Her haymaker should hit like a hurricane.

She should be throwing sonic boom punches. Her uppercuts should have a thunderclap, Ka-ka-boooom!!!!

I keep telling everyone, the reason why Captain Marvel and She Hulk keep getting solos is simple. They. Punch. People.

Fans want that visual. They want to see their hero kick somebody's ass. Put the beat down on 'em.

Then as she walks a way and her foe tries to get up again, without looking she hits them with a mega-watt 'bolt to put 'em down again.

Now everything I just said, you all imagined in your mind and gave yourself a warm smile inside.
    I need to see all of this in her solo. I want it all! Feed me feats!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    She should also be able to do things such as a literal thunder clap and encase herself in ice to use as armor.
    This too. I like the idea of ice armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol I saw what you wrote and was hoping it was a misspelling.

lol.

and h2h is always nice to see and I think the variation of her power with the h2h would be cool. we've seen a little of this but not enough. I'm not so sure I agree about the h2h being why Carol and she hulk have their books. look at thor and Dr strange. I'm sure there is h2h in thor but there are aspects that aren't. I'm also most confident Dr strange doesn't have any h2h. I honestly think storm issue is that she is a black and female character.
    I really can't disagree with this post. I would like to see Storm get a special fighting style all her own. Everything Marvell said needs to be incorporated.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Thor has superstrength, so it is understandable why he would punch more than Ororo when fighting superpowered foes. The same holds true for She-Hulk and Carol. When they punch people out, they are still using their super powers. Storm should be afforded the same opportunities to use her powers. Plus, lets face it, visually, to see the fury of the elements drawn on a page in full force is far more exciting than just seeing a fist crammed in somebody's face.

I'm not saying I don't want to see Storm's H2H combat, but she needs to have foes like Adversary and Ego, the Living Planet where she can show her stuff powerwise as well. Again, all aspects of the character needs to be showcased.
    Dude, seeing your hero/heroine's fist crunch someone's face with broken teeth and spittle is far more awesome than watching a stormy day(no pun intended).

And I didn't say that Storm shouldn't shooting lightning bolts or tap into a star. I said, I'd rather see more of her H2H skills than see her shoot lightning bolts. We've seen far more than our fair share of lightning bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Have you been following the BP since she was pulled back in? If you have, I don't understand how you could realistically post about fans only caring about the feats in this book. On paper she hasn't done or displayed anything greater than any of her biggest Clarmontian feats. Don't kid yourself. Every bit of her time in his solo and the Crew has been nothing but character development. Nothing but it. But if you haven't been following his solo I understand your lack of a factual basis. Coates is getting praise for his character development of her and the power displays. Don't convince yourself otherwise.
    I am reading BP.and I'm usually the one getting roasted for supporting Her in The BP franchise, and usually beratted. It's seem most of these fans that are excited about the new feat are mostly fair weather "Storm in the BP books" fan anyways.

You two are hopeless!

Feets? I spelled "Feets!" C'mon man.

Anyhoo, honestly, I don't care about Storm tappinginto the power of a Black Hole, White Dwarf, Yellow Sun etc., etc.

I want more H2h from Storm. More fighting.

As a matter of fact, Storm should have a lighting fist or a tsunami kick. Her haymaker should hit like a hurricane.

She should be throwing sonic boom punches. Her uppercuts should have a thunderclap, Ka-ka-boooom!!!!

I keep telling everyone, the reason why Captain Marvel and She Hulk keep getting solos is simple. They. Punch. People.

Fans want that visual. They want to see their hero kick somebody's ass. Put the beat down on 'em.

Then as she walks a way and her foe tries to get up again, without looking she hits them with a mega-watt 'bolt to put 'em down again.

Now everything I just said, you all imagined in your mind and gave yourself a warm smile inside.
    Completely MFing agaree. Been begging for that forever.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    We are missing the point.

It’s absolutely Fine For Storm to fight Adversary why? Because it not only gives her character development, but more exploration in her powers. Yes Adversary is a powerful Villain someone Storm may not be able to FULLY beat, but if she played her cards right use her powers tap into or use Energy that she has never before used she has a shot at BEATING Adversary. Not completely because we want him to come back and be an ongoing issue that Storm must face.

This is a Good villain to bring back to Storms attention.
    :::Strokes beard:::: "intrigued"
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 03-29-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Completely MFing agaree. Been begging for that forever.
    I'm telling you, if they do the things I mentioned earlier, if they think outside of the box on how Storm uses her powers along with the traditional strike and pose, Storm's solo would be a hit.

And I'm calling for it right here right now: I want a new main foe for Storm.

Not the Adversary. Not the Shadow King.

Who should be Storm's main foe?

The Horsemen of Apocalypse.

They would allow Storm the full use and extent of all her abilities. She goes up against multiple foes at once and displays multiple fighting techniques.

Incorporating cool-combo moves.

Lightning Balls -Think Ken from Streetfighter.

Lightning Daggers

Ice Daggers

Hail shot like bullets

Tornado whips

She can do all kinds of moves in a melee brawl with the Horsemen who can bring it just as good as anyone.

We have got to think outside the standard 4x4x4 box that most writers keep falling into.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

They powered down Strange and gave him a sword.

Thor does more punching and hitting with his hammer than he tosses lightning bolts.

BK my friend believe me, I don't want a watered down Storm.

Don't think that this about being a Black Female. Misty Knight was just kicking ass in Sam's Cap book. They keep giving Luke Cage a series. They give Falcon a series. Rogue gets to lead an Avengers team and is kicking ass in the No Surrender story.

I don't want the to take away from Storm. I'm saying that they have to use all of her abilities and stop just using the strike and pose. That's all they do. That's the only thing they do. She tapped into the power of a sun/star, some mysterious energy. That's awesome no doubt. But why can't she channel into a fist and knock the snot out of somebody?

Why is it always a lighting strike or energy blast?

Do you think Carol or Shulkie are more compelling than Storm? Heck no! But, they get to kick ass in a variety of ways.
    but what black female has an ongoing book right now save moon girl?

and point taken about Dr strange and thor.

storm did a good amount of punching and fighting in her solo and that ish was done uber 13 issues. I totally agree strike a pose isn't the way to go. she should be deploying a good mix of both based upon the threat. so I completely agree with all if that. but to get readers and keep them they have to give her stories people want to read and creative uses of h2h I don't think will be enough to keep an ongoing for her going.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

but what black female has an ongoing book right now save moon girl?

and point taken about Dr strange and thor.

storm did a good amount of punching and fighting in her solo and that ish was done uber 13 issues. I totally agree strike a pose isn't the way to go. she should be deploying a good mix of both based upon the threat. so I completely agree with all if that. but to get readers and keep them they have to give her stories people want to read and creative uses of h2h I don't think will be enough to keep an ongoing for her going.

Heck, they could have a successful Storm solo if they balanced her stuff out. The way it's going now, The Dora Milaje will get a solo before Storm(Why, because they kick ass.). They gave her stories that people wanted in her last solo and quite honestly a lot of fans got bored rather quickly.

The point I'm making here is that we can't rely on just the beautiful, spiritual and majestic stories for a successful solo, I do want to see those as well.

But sometimes and more times than les, we need stories that get down and dirty, push heroes/heroines to the brink of giving up and watch as they kick ass in all kinds of impressive fashions as they go after the mofo who put them in the hole.

Frak it, I'll write the isht myself.

I'm telling you, if they do the things I mentioned earlier, if they think outside of the box on how Storm uses her powers along with the traditional strike and pose, Storm's solo would be a hit.

And I'm calling for it right here right now: I want a new main foe for Storm.

Not the Adversary. Not the Shadow King.

Who should be Storm's main foe?

The Horsemen of Apocalypse.

They would allow Storm the full use and extent of all her abilities. She goes up against multiple foes at once and displays multiple fighting techniques.

Incorporating cool-combo moves.

Lightning Balls -Think Ken from Streetfighter.

Lightning Daggers

Ice Daggers

Hail shot like bullets

Tornado whips

She can do all kinds of moves in a melee brawl with the Horsemen who can bring it just as good as anyone.

We have got to think outside the standard 4x4x4 box that most writers keep falling into.

if coates goes the direction I'm hoping he is with her character development pertaining to the Hadari Yao it could put her on the path of fighting new rogues akin to adversary or cosmic level entities.

storm has been mentioned as being potential level mutant but where are her stories that explore her going beyond this or even beyond her ties to the xmen.

so those are the type of rogues I'm hoping she encounters.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Heck, they could have a successful Storm solo if they balanced her stuff out. The way it's going now, The Dora Milaje will get a solo before Storm(Why, because they kick ass.). They gave her stories that people wanted in her last solo and quite honestly a lot of fans got bored rather quickly.

The point I'm making here is that we can't rely on just the beautiful, spiritual and majestic stories for a successful solo, I do want to see those as well.

But sometimes and more times than les, we need stories that get down and dirty, push heroes/heroines to the brink of giving up and watch as they kick ass in all kinds of impressive fashions as they go after the mofo who put them in the hole.

I don't think any of the fans that frequented here wanted a rehash of her greatest hits. in fact before it was released I was hoping they would explore aspects of her being a goddess but issue 3 has her renounce that as her being a silly girl.

I think the dora are deservingly getting pushed from the movie.

and I'm all for more h2h I think she could use it. but honestly she has been lacking in a lot of areas. I hate to see whatvwoll happen if her solo doesn't come out and after the current bp arc is done.

I don't think any of the fans that frequented here wanted a rehash of her greatest hits. in fact before it was released I was hoping they would explore aspects of her being a goddess but issue 3 has her renounce that as her being a silly girl.

I think the dora are deservingly getting pushed from the movie.

and I'm all for more h2h I think she could use it. but honestly she has been lacking in a lot of areas. I hate to see whatvwoll happen if her solo doesn't come out and after the current bp arc is done.
    It's okay BK.

I'm just going to write my own Storm fanfic.

Be careful that my ideas don't make it into the Storm solo.

.The point I'm making here is that we can't rely on just the beautiful, spiritual and majestic stories for a successful solo, I do want to see those as well

This post is Logic. I feel the bold is either what writer think Storm fans want or sadly enough that is exactly what a small of fan care about.

It's okay BK.

please post here when you are done boo.. I can't wait to read it...

It's okay BK.

Link to the fanfic please