10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so wait... u telling she already destroyed originally??? so the one on serve and protect was that supposed to be the original or did he make another. how it read it seemed it was the original.

I can't really tell happened after she raised her arm though lol. did she teleport or did he transform her into that smaller version of her?? I'm not quite sure lol.
    Sorry had to edit that page before I post it. Storm destroyed Stormcaster in the first story it appeared in.

Then Thor found it in a box later. It either reformed itself into a hammer or Loki returned it to its hammer form later off panel.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-04-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Again. I'm working on hope here. I'm hoping that Gugg remembers that Claremont wrote that Stormcaster is bound to Ororo through her lifeblood and is working with Coates to finally push Storm into her true godhood.

I know its a slim chance but I gotta believe this can't all be coincidental. Two writers working on the same thing...pushing Storm's potential godhood as part of their stories. I don't think that has ever happened without some form of editor control.
    thanks for the scans and clarification. it's nothing wrong with hoping but they both are taking drastically different approaches to showing this ascension. coates is showing her abilities as always lying within her being and guggs is tethering this godship through a hammer. if both were aligned with the other I would agree with you but that isn't the case here. all of this said, with what you are saying when both gold and the adversary issue of BP dropping on the same day I will be curious to see how they showcase her being a goddess.

Sorry had to edit that page before post it. Storm destroyed Stormcaster in the first story it appeared in.

Then Thor found it in a box later. It either reformed itself into a hammer or Loki returned it to hammer later off panel.
    no worries it's ok...

it could be those things or maybe he didn't realise that stormcaster was destroyed...

but to your point it could rematerialize after being destroyed. that would make it all less ridiculous that it keeps popping up after she has denounced it's power on two occasions now. it still seems regressive as her initial encounter was to not accept it's power and it made sense for her initially to have it because she was powerless.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-04-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Again. I'm working on hope here. I'm hoping that Gugg remembers that Claremont wrote that Stormcaster is bound to Ororo through her lifeblood and is working with Coates to finally push Storm into her true godhood.

I know its a slim chance but I gotta believe this can't all be coincidental. Two writers working on the same thing...pushing Storm's potential godhood as part of their stories. I don't think that has ever happened without some form of editor control.
    I don't believe in false hope. We both know what time it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    helllo???? these are my sentiments exactly. what has guggs done to warrant this hope. hsve you read the issue? what was your thoughts?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Again, I am totally against this Stormcaster idea. The problem is from day 1, Storm wielding the power of a goddess has always been something innate. Here are scans to prove it:

In Uncanny 147, she transcended humanity and evolved beyond all comprehension without before Stormcaster was even an idea:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/TAwChcSe1Jj...zeRoXa-e=s1600

In Uncanny X-Men #198, she states how she had the power of a goddess when she had her powers:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/XgA7944Ki0F...MJwSg8lU=s1600

In X-Treme X-Men #5, Storm comments on her potential to transcend humanity and even comments how she experienced it herself (she must be referring to Uncanny 147 with that last comment where she experienced it):
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/yGfewzWfjqK...VVYukGfY=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/fhr4yoCZGNh...cSJ2mxow=s1600

In Uncanny -Men #226, it is established that the Adversary, a "god-level" being, well above Thor's powerclass, fears Storm's power and potential:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/nBpT479KK5q...qX-efj3X=s1600

While there was not room in the story to demonstrate how Storm's potential power could defeat the Adversary (he gave this round to Forge to beat the villain), Coates seems to be fleshing out what Adversary perhaps saw in Storm's powers to make her such a threat to him.

Then we have her pulling feats that match and exceed those of Phoenix Force Jean Grey including the White Phoenix of the Crown on panel WITHOUT the hammer or any mention of it.

All of what I referenced above was done without any thought about Stormcaster. That hammer was merely meant to be used by a powerless Storm for a single story in Loki's bid to gain a female counterpart to Thor to cause problem for Thor himself. To say that her ascention into goddesshood has anything to do with that blasted hammer would be total PIS. This is just Guggenheim's way of trying to diminish Storm's innate power and potential. Hopefully, him bringing back Stormcaster doesn't become something picked up by future writers ignoring all of what has been established.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-04-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    LOL, we have to have "HOPE" or I wasted almost a year and a half reading this crap.

helllo???? these are my sentiments exactly. what has guggs done to warrant this hope. hsve you read the issue? what was your thoughts?
    I actually thought it was a good read until it fall apart towards the end.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

coates will not acknowledge that trash. remember it's coates direction got storm that wss green lighted for a solo, not the other way around. frack guggs story and his attempt at trolling coates.
    I hope that Coates does not have Storm wielding Stormcaster against the Adversary. Let her divinity come from within and not some hammer.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Again, I am totally against this Stormcaster idea. The problem is from day 1, Storm wielding the power of a goddess has always been something innate. Here are scans to prove it:

In Uncanny 147, she transcended humanity and evolved beyond all comprehension without before Stormcaster was even an idea:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/TAwChcSe1Jj...zeRoXa-e=s1600

In Uncanny X-Men #198, she states how she had the power of a goddess when she had her powers:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/XgA7944Ki0F...MJwSg8lU=s1600

In X-Treme X-Men #5, Storm comments on her potential to transcend humanity and even comments how she experienced it herself (she must be referring to Uncanny 147 with that last comment where she experienced it):
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/yGfewzWfjqK...VVYukGfY=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/fhr4yoCZGNh...cSJ2mxow=s1600

In Uncanny -Men #226, it is established that the Adversary, a "god-level" being, well above Thor's powerclass, fears Storm's power and potential:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/nBpT479KK5q...qX-efj3X=s1600

Then we have her pulling feats that match and exceed those of Phoenix Force Jean Grey including the White Phoenix of the Crown on panel WITHOUT the hammer or any mention of it.

All of what I referenced above was done without any thought about Stormcaster. That hammer was merely meant to be used by a powerless Storm for a single story in Loki's bid to gain a female counterpart to Thor to cause problem for Thor himself. To say that her ascention into goddesshood has anything to do with that blasted hammer would be total PIS. This is just Guggenheim's way of trying to diminish Storm's innate power and potential. Hopefully, him bringing back Stormcaster doesn't become something picked up by future writers ignoring all of what has been established.
    I'm going to have to cosign this post 100%

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope that Coates does not have Storm wielding Stormcaster against the Adversary. Let her divinity come from within and not some hammer.
    I really don't think we have to worry about that. his whole story arc has been about her being an actual goddess and it had to do with the people of Wakanda faith in her as well as her faith in herself. not tied to a stupid hammer. I think we will be fine so don't worry.

Okay, we've gone from Storm's feets to her hammer?.

I say no to a hammer. We'll only get comparisons to Aaron's recent Thor run with Jane Foster as Thor.

Let her stand on her own two feats.

Like that cool word play? Feets? Feats?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed. 110%

Will give my feedback on Gold in a little bit.

Docwe know if Storm appeared in Venomized?

BANNED

Okay, so I just read Gold #25. Guggenheim captured Ororo's character exceptionally well in this story. Her personality and voice was spot on. This would have been a PERFECT issue if it weren't for Stormcaster's arrival. I really want to like this issue, but the Stormcaster thing undermines so much of what has been established about Storm's power and potential that has been present from the start with this character and is being built on by Coates over in Black Panther. As I surmised earlier from details provided by others who had read the issue, this story does prove that Guggenheim knows how to write a much better Ororo than he's been letting on. The whole reason for his run on Gold thus far being written subpar is his obsession with Kitty. Again, putting Shadowcat in the central lead role of this title requires writing down greater characters like Storm in order to prop her up. I don't have a problem with Kitty being showcased as the leader and center of a title, but it should have been done in a different book with a younger, less experienced cast of characters.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-04-2018 at 06:09 PM.

BANNED

This was very Good. 8/10

Storm receiving Stormcaster was GREAT! I’m glad it’s back. They way she was portrayed in this whole issue was the Storm I MISSED very much. Will this last??? Probably Not. Not just Storm EVERYONE had good parts to play. This issue was VERY GOOD.

I’ll give you props this one time Guggenheim, though I’m sure you’ll find some way to mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay, we've gone from Storm's feets to her hammer?.

I say no to a hammer. We'll only get comparisons to Aaron's recent Thor run with Jane Foster as Thor.

Let her stand on her own two feats.

Like that cool word play? Feets? Feats?

do you have a foot fetish?? lol
    and agreed no hammers. let that ish stay in asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Agreed. 110%
    if coates did that I would be done..

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Will give my feedback on Gold in a little bit.

Docwe know if Storm appeared in Venomized?
    save ur money she appeared but trust me it's a waste if u looking for a storm read lol

Well, thank you.

I'm holding onto hope that this will lead to something good.

As far as Stormcaster goes, it is magical and seems to always return to its hammer shape when destroyed or reshaped.

I'm almost 100% sure Loki transformed Stormcaster into a Storm statue after it was destroyed.

so,finally reread the issue.. this would have been a great issue if not for stormcaster. one other thing I noticed she got rid of the alien god storm with her power so maybe he is trying to tie in to what coates is doing finally