Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    That doesn't mean the system is flawed, just means you didn't see the results you wanted. It doesn't say "Who are your top 5 fav X-Men?"
    It is flawed because most of us have more than one favorite in no particular order.

Are you going to say that you have only one favorite song in your life out of millions of songs?

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    It is flawed because most of us have more than one favorite in no particular order.

Are you going to say that you have only one favorite song in your life out of millions of songs?
    Most people can and did choose one favorite character. People can list of many people that would rank at the top of the list but if asked for the one that ranks supreme above all, Id venture most wouldnt hesitate to come up with a name. Its really not that difficult

Jubes did well, no complaints. I’m a bit surprised that Emma didn’t finish higher given the constant barrage of Emma votes I saw. Kudos to Cyke and his fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

These results are flawed.

What about the FEATzzzz!!!1!!

(Plus half of Jean's votes should be taken away because anything she does with the Phoenix doesn't count! It's impossible for her to have any popularity on her own!)

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    That doesn't mean the system is flawed, just means you didn't see the results you wanted. It doesn't say "Who are your top 5 fav X-Men?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. Nothing flawed. Just how this poll was done. .
    Of course the poll is flawed,The sample size isn't big enough to make an real assessment using the information and it has anomalies . The Poll has information we know is not the truth and we can prove otherwise for example Polaris,Maggot,Dazzler are more popular than Deadpool. Nothing against any character we know poll was one X-editor on twitter who didn't advertise voting. Is the information useable for some stuff? Yes but can you run around going Maggot is twice as popular as Deadpool? No. Here is some of the take away from the poll from my perspective

1. Fans miss Cyclops. I am pretty sure alive he wouldn't be on the very top of the poll but dead Cyclops fans made a point they want to see him again.

2. Nightcrawler is pretty popular with the fans in the x-world, I am pretty sure alive he wouldn't be near the top..Wait Nightcrawler is alive um never mind. I am just joking but the poll does point they should use Nightcrawler more

3. For all the so call I am tired of Wolverine statements you see on forums,A lot of people still like him

4. X23 and Emma Frost are X-men mainstay now among X-fans, those numbers are impressive because they beat out bunch of what we would call core X-men.

5. They are some younger X-men that writers and editors should be paying attention to like Magik, Cannonball, Quire, Chamber,etc.You can't use the numbers to say to much because with a large number of people voting with a less but less knowledge of books more mainstay/core characters would have better numbers. BUT as poll from X-fans those numbers are pretty respectable

6. Discounting X-23 ,The X-student with highest votes was Quentin Quire not Surge,not Hellion, not Armor but Quire. As poll among X-fans mostly that should say something.

7. Lastly The X-office have screwed up Archangel. As one of the original X-men his numbers are embarrassing low but it is not surprising because it is clear the X-books I have no idea what to do with them
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-01-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It's amazing to see Jean so high after Marvel did their best to erase/replace her forever.
    good for scott, kurt, storm and logan too.
    Marvel did not try to replace Jean. It was about spicing up Cyclops. Having Emma at his side gave him more edge

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Of course the poll is flawed,The sample size isn't big enough to make an real assessment using the information and it has anomalies .
    Agree. The sample size is too small and allowing voters to vote only one is flawed too.

Each person should preferably have five most favorite X-Men or at least three.

The poll is not flawed, because it's not been presented as anything other than what it is.

The sample size is small.

However, the poll never said it was definitive. It was a bit of fun to see who would come out on top. Links were posted on this forum to allow as many people as possible to vote. That said, the poll isn't inherently flawed. Not because it limited the number of characters or because you didn't "get to" vote when presented with the opportunity or people didn't see the result they wanted. There are reasons for limitations in surveys. In this case, the one character rule forced a lot of people to make a decision: who actually is their favourite character. The sample then provided the answer to the question. If this were research, the results would be acceptable until further testing but it's not research. It was a popularity poll.

There are some people who really will complain about anything. At the end of the day, it was a bit of fun and it doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    The sample size is small.

It was a popularity poll.

Exactly it was a popularity poll, And we know details of character popularity and this doesn't match up with it. Pointing out it is flawed is not complaining it is just pointing out the obvious result of using the info for more than just fun. We can make some guesses about trends but that is about it. The point of poll is wasn't even about really popularity it was to prove X-editor kinda aholeish point that there is one or two people that fans of obscure character. Basically shut up about Hellion and Surge when it comes down we are better off spend our time Jean and Storm or maybe even Jubliee and Magik.

It still doesn't change the results of this poll. Of the people that voted, these were the favourite characters. Complaining that your favourite isn't higher, or even on it, is ridiculous. These votes are valid for the sample that voted.

Top 3 X-Women! Dead ponies for everyone! *laughs in diamond*
    Last edited by silence.; 10-02-2018 at 03:20 AM.

Whose is complaining? Pointing out the obvious isn't complaining .Deadpool in bigger sample size would get more votes,Maggot wouldn't be near the top. Spiderman wouldn't be included, Villains probably shouldn't count. The Poll is flawed because it doesn't have enough votes to do some trends we know to be true. At least from me this isn't some sour grapes, I saw voting announcement went to page I didn't vote on it, If I had vote it would have probably been Wolverine. The results don't upset me Deadpool 2 made around 600 million, Deadpool 1 made around 700 million. I know Deadpool is popular character in X-universe. I can factual state deadpool is more popular than people who got more votes than him. If the character with solo two successful movies and has multiple ongoings isn't more popular they are flaws with process.

BANNED

The poll is not flawed, it just needs to be taken in conteXt. Yes, the results are conditionally skewed due to circumstances, so the respondents represent a narrow & rather specific target demo. Still, for what they are these things are always nice to see, and the outcomes interesting to review in a trifling way. I didn't vote 'cause I abstain from all social media, but was glad to see my faves did well enough, yet sad that not even one vote went to Dust.

With that said, SMH @ the placements of Qx2, Poop, Fantomblech, Honey SmaX, & Maggotz, lol. Thumbs up to Rictor & Surge, tho. And I must confess, some of the 1-votes I've never even heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Whose is complaining? Pointing out the obvious isn't complaining .Deadpool in bigger sample size would get more votes,Maggot wouldn't be near the top. Spiderman wouldn't be included, Villains probably shouldn't count. The Poll is flawed because it doesn't have enough votes to do some trends we know to be true. At least from me this isn't some sour grapes, I saw voting announcement went to page I didn't vote on it, If I had vote it would have probably been Wolverine. The results don't upset me Deadpool 2 made around 600 million, Deadpool 1 made around 700 million. I know Deadpool is popular character in X-universe. I can factual state deadpool is more popular than people who got more votes than him. If the character with solo two successful movies and has multiple ongoings isn't more popular they are flaws with process.
    Anyone yapping about the poll being flawed when it wasn't designed to be a definitive answer is complaining. Most of their reasoning being that their favourite character didn't come higher.

Also, Deadpool was undoubtedly successful at the Box Office. Yet, that doesn't mean he's a more popular character amongst fans. I don't particularly like Deadpool as a character, but I like Ryan Reynolds and think he does a good job with the character. So I'm one of the people that paid to see it because it was a fun, superhero movie with a lead I like. Not because I'd any particular affection for the character. There are many people out there the same. In the same regard, not a big fan of Iron Man. Went to see his movies for continuity and for something to do. The Box Office represents people who've paid to see it, not fans of the character. How many friends, wives, and girlfriends paid for tickets that didn't care at all?