Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Having Monica Rambeau using her powers in different ways has been one of the highlights of this run so far, but I'm not sure how fans of the character'll like her being used as nothing more than the team's powerup device lol.

Also, I find it a bit odd that Nyx doesn't know how to use the dark crystals. Maybe they originated from something/someone else? Lastly, it's kinda funny how Hulk manages to sneak around so easily and gets the job done. Love it.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 03-13-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I was going to complain about the obvious shout-out to Avengers: Infinity War and then I realized there really isn't anything wrong with picking up a popular effect from the movies and using it in the comics. Comics borrow from every book, movie or TV show, so borrowing from last year's biggest movie is fine, I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Another great issue. Things are getting more serious.
    Yep. Best issue to date, in my opinion. Loved seeing Wanda and Monica using their powers in tandem, there was some great Hulk stuff (especially that one chilling moment), and that last page...WOW!!!

Glad I picked this up. The story feels just like classic Avengers and this odd team is working well together. Good seeing Herc in action again along with Vision. I just hope Vizh isn't damaged too seriously.

Thinking about it, this is a pretty powerful lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Glad I picked this up. The story feels just like classic Avengers and this odd team is working well together. Good seeing Herc in action again along with Vision. I just hope Vizh isn't damaged too seriously.

Thinking about it, this is a pretty powerful lineup.
    Imagine if Voyager had time to get her whole wish list. I seemed she had another name or to in mind before her charged in

Yeah, she probably wanted another powerhouse like Thor or Carol. Rocket and Clint were not her picks.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Imagine if Voyager had time to get her whole wish list. I seemed she had another name or to in mind before her charged in
    Yeah, you have to wonder if Herc didn't essentially screw up everything by forcing Voyager to rush off before she was done assembling the team. A half a dozen other Avengers or so might make a pretty signficant difference. Not that this many Avengers wouldn't likely hurt the story but from an instory perspective numbers can be handy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Having Monica Rambeau using her powers in different ways has been one of the highlights of this run so far, but I'm not sure how fans of the character'll like her being used as nothing more than the team's powerup device lol.

Also, I find it a bit odd that Nyx doesn't know how to use the dark crystals. Maybe they originated from something/someone else? Lastly, it's kinda funny how Hulk manages to sneak around so easily and gets the job done. Love it.
    Probably because the crystals themselves also function as seal and container of her power, so she will need to crack them in some way?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    On the one hand I love that the writers are using their gray matter and coming up with interesting applications for Monica's abilities outside the usual fair. But on the other hand, yes, it does get to be a little annoying when Monica plays the "wind beneath my wings" supporting role for everyone else's feat. Would love for Scarlet Witch, for example, to use her Chaos Magic on Monica in a way that allows Monica to use her EM powers in a way that defies -- if not outright redefines -- the laws of physics. I mean that is the next level stuff that a team like this should be able to do.

cool chapter.

I don't see Hercules and Vision dead yet.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Wonder what happened to the Pym Particles? I’m assuming someone else might have them?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Wonder what happened to the Pym Particles? I’m assuming someone else might have them?
    You don't wanna mess with a giant racoon.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Probably Hercules and Vision.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, you have to wonder if Herc didn't essentially screw up everything by forcing Voyager to rush off before she was done assembling the team. A half a dozen other Avengers or so might make a pretty signficant difference. Not that this many Avengers wouldn't likely hurt the story but from an instory perspective numbers can be handy.
    Even adding Thor, Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel or Dr. Strange tips the scales a lot.