Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What would you want to see from a new X-Men cartoon?

It looks like Marvel is cancelling all its cartoons. Now that Marvel has the rights to X-Men again, what do you want from a new X-Men cartoon? What would you want to see in terms of a X-Men cartoon aimed at kids and a X-Men animated DTV aimed at a older audience?

http://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.ca/

I would love to see something like X-Men Evolution, at the same time really different and also really similar. But yeah I want something for older fan even if in my opinion, a cartoon for the children would help increase X-Men fans for the long term.

Great art, good music and powerful foes that don't fold 5 minutes before the cartoon ends.

Add some mystery, quirky moments a sense of friendship among the team.

Oh yeah, also include a powerful Jean Grey in a great costume!

I feel like all X-Men cartoon shows have been really good or both kids and adult audiences. Even Evolution, which was targeted at kids much more, once it got more serious, had some seriously awesome episodes for adults. X-Men cartoons always seem to handle the material so well.

I personally would love an X-Men cartoon that didn't revolve around Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine. BUT who am I kidding, I know these are cash cow characters. I would love for Storm to actually be a great central character and not a charecticture. I would also LOVE to see Psylocke get some serious animated love! X:TAS she was in all of like 3 episodes. WatX she was made to look like an ameture telepath.

Line up: Storm, Psylocke, Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue, Dazzler and Wolverine. I'm for whatever reason, obsessed with the Outback line up. Instead of Jubilee or Shadowcat as the entry point for new audience members: Illyana or Mirage

I would love to see Madeline Pryor and Inferno-like storyline get some representation outside the comics.

I want something that is a mix of XMTAS and JLU.... Great scope and arc inspired buy the comics like XMTAS but, like JLU, the main characters are joined all the time by new characters from the lore for different missions.

My main team would be :
    Storm- team leader
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Psylocke
    Rogue
    Colossus
    Iceman

- Professor X is their mentor and general leader
    - Forge, Beast and Cecilia Reyes work in the mansion as tech, science and medical, respectively.
    - The students are very present: Jubilee, Quentin Quire, Blindfold, Mercury, Hellion, Chamber, Cannonball, Siryn, Dust, Bling, Rockslide and Anole.
    - The rest of the rotating cast would include: Banshee, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Cable, Bishop, Kitty, Gambit, Northstar Polaris, Havok and Archangel.
    - Emma, Magneto, Sabretooth and Mystique are full time villains.
    - Other teams that make appearances are X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur and Alpha Flight.

Their design would be similar to WATXM.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 01-16-2018 at 01:58 PM.

I'd like the creators of Young Justice to create an X-Men cartoon. High stakes, great characterizations, well crafted stories with awesome fight scenes. They utilize a large cast but every character still gets their moment in the sun.

Great storytelling

Great animation, especially during action scenes

Great characterization

The persecution aspect should not be forgotten and be a big part of the series

Have serious stakes

Long running plots with a "big bad" villain or threat at the end of the season (no 'monster of the week')

Start with a main cast of about 5 or 6 and increase it as the series goes on.

Have it be a part of the Marvel animated Universe

Not afraid to have episodes with no action to just be about character development or world building

Don't talk down to the audience
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-16-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I feel like all X-Men cartoon shows have been really good or both kids and adult audiences. Even Evolution, which was targeted at kids much more, once it got more serious, had some seriously awesome episodes for adults. X-Men cartoons always seem to handle the material so well.

I personally would love an X-Men cartoon that didn't revolve around Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine. BUT who am I kidding, I know these are cash cow characters. I would love for Storm to actually be a great central character and not a charecticture. I would also LOVE to see Psylocke get some serious animated love! X:TAS she was in all of like 3 episodes. WatX she was made to look like an ameture telepath.

Line up: Storm, Psylocke, Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue, Dazzler and Wolverine. I'm for whatever reason, obsessed with the Outback line up. Instead of Jubilee or Shadowcat as the entry point for new audience members: Illyana or Mirage

I would love to see Madeline Pryor and Inferno-like storyline get some representation outside the comics.
    Um, Outback era X-Men with arcs around the fall of the mutants, old school mutant-slave-state Genosha, the Brood, the Reavers, Gateway, the Savage Land and the High Evolutionary, and Inferno would be incredible! Highly unlikely, but damn, way to get me excited!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I’m just gonna go ahead and copy the post I wrote in another thread on the same subject. Then yogaflame and I can repeat the same debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I think enough time has passed for us to get a new X-men animated series (especially now that Disney has the reigns). But it has to be done the right way:

- Take the original cast from XTAS, add in a few from Evolution (especially Nightcrawler, Kitty, X-23 and Colossus). And add Iceman and Angel and Betsy. THIS is your principal cast of regulars. Should be plenty to work with.
    - Guest spots and cameos from other popular characters from time to time
    - Mags as the primary villain, but make sure the villain(s) you use is/are appropriate to the story/situation. And for god sake work Deathbird in there somewhere!
    - AU setting in order to allow for unique stories. Freedom’s a wonderful thing.
    - Since it’s an AU setting and you have three POV characters (Jubes, Kitty and Laura), you should have lots to work with. Have the series open with the three of them first showing up at the school on the same day and making friends because “gross” and “weird” and “Beast” or something like that.
    - Upgrade the animation. New and improved series, new and improved art.
    - Please remind the animators that Jubilee is ASIAN. She was drawn as Caucasian for the entire run of XTAS, and on those pitifully few occasions where she showed up in Evolution I’m 90% sure she was Hispanic.
    - If you want to include Banshee in a guest spot, DO NOT let Jeremy Ratchford anywhere near a microphone. Seriously, what the HELL was that??
    - Wolverine has a strict limit of one “bub” per episode.
    - Write your episodes to aim at a slightly older demographic, air it a bit later. Cartoons do this all the time.
    - In episodes where Emma (mandatory) or the other Hellfire Club members (optional) show up, try to keep the alcohol consumption scenes to a minimum. It’s still a cartoon. And maybe Ems should cover up a bit.
    - Promote the hell out of it.
    - Sit back and count your cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’d like it to have a large roster like JLU and have story arcs that rotate through characters.

Fantastic Member

An Alpha Flight appearance and the members would be:

Walter Langkowski AKA Wanda Langkowski AKA Sasquatch who is Man but after dying and coming back to life finds himself in the body of fellow deceased female team member Snowbird. (with him/her you could do a lot of gender issues about Walter/Wanda)

Twin sisters Laura Dean AKA Pathway and Goblyn Dean. With Laura it would center around her Autism, (it would not a comical and inaccurate take like Sheldon Cooper but a more accurate portrayal like Sonya Cross or Temple Grandin.) and how some people expect her to act (one of the reasons why she like Alpha Flight is because they to not treat her like she’s 5)

Kara Killgrave AKA The Purple Girl: Has a power that if she’s not careful with it could corrupt her, Has Purple skin like her father who she hates, knows she’s is a child of rape, and deep down she believes she does not love by anyone because she Killgrave daughter. but despite this she loves her mother very much, see Laura and Goblyn as her sister and see Jeffries as her true father and is dertermined to save lives and be a hero.

Madison Jeffries AKA Box a Technopath who can can manipulate metal, glass, and plastic. Can communicate with machines, can phase his own physicality and consciousness into machines, thereby using and piloting any and all technological forms as his own body, and when merged with the Boxbot he is able to manipulate the robot to take any form he can imagine to the point that it borders on Shape shifting. But he comes off as strange because of his habits of talking to machines, as well as being somewhat introverted. (currently married to Heather Hudson AKA Vindicator in this world)

Heather Hudson AKA Vindicator

Manikin AKA Whitman Knapp: more or less same but sometimes he will have… Mayuri Kurotsuchi moments… tone down of course. lol

Aurora AKA Jeanne-Marie Beaubier: Is schizophrenic and dissociative identity disorder, although she has not relapse in years she still has to deal with the stigma of having a mental illness.

Elizabeth Twoyoungmen AKA Talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Great storytelling

Great animation, especially during action scenes

Great characterization

The persecution aspect should not be forgotten and be a big part of the series

Have serious stakes

Long running plots with a "big bad" villain or threat at the end of the season (no 'monster of the week')

Start with a main cast of about 5 or 6 and increase it as the series goes on.

Have it be a part of the Marvel animated Universe

Not afraid to have episodes with no action to just be about character development or world building

Don't talk down to the audience
    All of this! Except I would increase the initial cast to 8-9 characters. I would like them to start there and build the universe gradually. Other teams can occasionally guest star such as X-factor or X-force. Eventually the school could expand to include younger students.

Academy X. Easy.

A show centered around the senior X-Men in more present teaching roles while the students get most of the focus. Daily hijinks, action, adventure, romance, they've got it all.

Wind Dancer, Laura Kinney, Surge, Hellion, Prodigy, Bling!, Mercury, Anole, Pixie, Dust, Rockslide, Tag, Gentle, Armor, Wallflower, Graymalkin, Cipher, Sprite, Shark Girl, Stepford Cuckoos, Triage, Oya, Transonic, Primal, Blindfold, BROO, Wolf Cub, Match, Loa, Trance, Glob Herman, No-Girl, Ernst, Genesis, Indra, Eye Boy, Morph, Hindsight, Crosta, Network, Preview

NXM students would be the main characters with the rest showing up in one-off episodes, cameos, filler space, and supporting roles.

BANNED

I agree with everything of what most here said about what we want for a xmen cartoon but we all need to realise disney is against everything you just said so it wont happen. Wheoever said a mix of XMEN TAS and JL hit the X marks the spot of what will make a great X-Men tv show for the 2010s. I want animated movies in the lines of the Batman theme movies but none of it will happen , though what staggers me is, most want all this for a mere xmen cartoon when the MCU xmen movies will be the exact opposite of what we want in a cartoon that will make great xmen cartoons as there is little difference between the MCU Cartoons and movies. Explains the reasons the cartoons died off quick and are getting cancelled.

Future MCU xmen is doomed . we thank the skies xmen mopped about a life time greatness that will never be destroyed once the disney mcu version of xmen start to swamp the place to poor reception. Spiderman's brand is the poster boy for it. his new cartoon show is getting axed but no real loss there sicne everyone still watches the one in the 1990s and is not missing much if you want a good spiderman cartoon that honours the characters in a smart and intelligent way. X-Men is almost a bigger brand than Spiderman in this aspect.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

First of all I have to say Marvel Animation possibly closing down couldn't come at a better time, as I have found what I've seen of their recent offerings pretty sub-par.

The thought of getting a new X-Men cartoon by (most likely) Disney animation fills me with joy. I don't know if they'll once again mimic the strategy used for GotG and Avengers where they try to give the cartoons the same esthetics as the movies, because clearly that hasn't been a very successful approach. Let the cartoon be its own thing with an expansive cast of characters, sophisticated storytelling and longer storylines. Especially if this stuff goes to Disney's new digital service rather than Disney XD, they can afford to bring a more adult and complex approach to it. TAS, Justice League Unlimited and Young Justice should be the blueprint of every superhero show in my book.