Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
Auuuugh. Knew this day would come and I have accepted he would leave us soon, but it still doesn't make it any less difficult and painful.

Hard to remember when I first became aware of Stan the Man, having not been too much into comic books when I was younger. I do remember seeing my very first Stan-eo when I watched the first X-Men in theaters and I distinctly remember my friends at the time laughing at Stan's appearance there. I believe it was around the time when the MCU was starting that I first began to take notice of Stan and read his Wikipedia page and researched more on his involvement in Marvel and importance in comics as a whole. Looking back on all his cameos, my favorite, bizarrely enough, would have to be this one:

One of the biggest events of my nerd and pop culture life was the 2016 run of one of Philippines's local conventions, ToyCon. The special event and highlight of that year was an exhibition of Stan Lee memorabilia, awards, photographs, autographs, etc, as well as a one-hour event where, over Skype, Stan was talking with all the convention attendees and even answered the questions of a lucky few who were able to talk to him via Skype. Being part of that and seeing Stan in person (more or less) and not on TV or in a film was just surreal.

RIP Stan Lee. You may be gone from this world, but not from our hearts. Stan's legacy will probably be along the lines of Chuck Jones; he may perhaps get a little too much credit and there will be arguments and debate on just how much he contributed and accomplished to both Marvel and comics as a whole, but it will never change the things he actually really did.
omg that was hilarious I didnt realize he did a cameo in teen titans I love this!