Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

If Jean's vision is true. The let's use kid gloves with Jamie is about to end...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Lord give us the flashback scene where the X-Men are forced to intervention THIS very specific topic with Storm. That would be HILARIOUS.

TEAM work makes the DREAM work, Storm. No more razzle dazzle with that Woosh Woosh you so damn proud of, okrrrr? REIGN IT IN.
    Disassembled is clearly not a character driven story/event a la MM, FotM or Inferno so to expect anyone other than Lightning Lass or Jean-notphoenix-like-Grey showing up is just a waste of expectation.
    That said, the writers could use their imaginations just a tad more when it comes to characters employing their powers more creatively, I feel.

Much as I too groan at the visual of yet ANOTHER crackle strike from Ro's lightning, I do wonder what I would do with her powers in a group situation like this with a horde of Madri swarming.

Fog? Rain? Make it chilly? I mean, Storm has a beautifully vast array of things she CAN do with weather manipulation but within these circumstances, I dunno. I'd probably bolt these fuxers too. <shrug>
    Like you said, not everything can be solved with hurricanes. But yeah, a strategy would be nice. Then again, perhaps a strategy fell short. Bets can't TP these jackals, nor can Jubes blind them all, etc etc. So....they are trying to improvise but their usual go-to-tricks aren't scratching that itch.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    When have we ever seen Psylock put 1000's of people to sleep all at once? Has that ever happened? Ever?

They are in a field in Kansas...how much metal could Polaris possibly grab. Not only that but the dupes would still be able to create more dupes by being restrained just due to the kinetic energy. Tapping their feet and so on. To add... for Polaris could not control the metal in 1000's of people all at once, that for a fact has not happened. She probably has tried that trick on a few of them...but I would imagine the end result would be more dupes being created when they hit the ground.

Storm could potentially Freeze them all but again that would lead to death ,more then likely. Which is not something she does. Then you have to think of the ramifications to the environment and the risk it places on her team. Don't think Storm can suck the air out of 1000's people all at once. If she could it would make a very boring comic. Plus the end result would be the dupes falling to the ground creating more dupes. Lord knows she can't keep that up for ever.

Face it gang. Multiple Man as he is being presented is a credible threat for that team. He had the numbers at the beginning and the way his powers work having the numbers just make him crazy OP once he gets going. The trick is stopping him before he even gets started.
    Where did I say Psylocke would put 1000s to sleep? The post says she can put huge #s of them to sleep. Polaris manipulating the blood of multiple targets shouldnÂ’t cause anything except for them to go to sleep.

Removing the oxygen from an area (didnÂ’t even go into removing the air from their individual lungs) would be an easy way to handle this group and there would be nothing MM could do about it. Or being frozen (which sheÂ’s frozen targets without killing them). And technically the low yield bolts from the preview arenÂ’t creating additional duplicates (not even the blasts from Jubles), so even the softer AOE tactics IÂ’m mentioning should result in them simply passing out.

And what ramifications for the team? This isnÂ’t this teams first rodeo and theyÂ’ve overcome more impressive opposition then madrox(not throwing shade but just saying). They know what he can do and know how to coordinate their tactical efforts, so Not seeing why Psylocke and Popo couldnÂ’t put up force fields around themselves and/or their teammates and wa la (or simply move out of the targeted area). Also, No environmental issues coming out of what was mentioned either so...

So far the only thing making MM a threat is the plot, nerfing and CIS. Nothing more. His #Â’s arenÂ’t enough of a factor for this opposition (they donÂ’t need to be on or near the ground like these issues are depicting)and MM has limited ability to get to them. I get them holding back so they arenÂ’t flat out killing him, but there isnÂ’t really anything madrox has done here that these ladies couldnÂ’t overcome so far (TP shutdown, freezing, suffocation, etc). People can justify/rationalize crappy writing all they like, or chalk it up to expectations being too high(not the case) but it doesnÂ’t refute the holes being pointed out in how the story was been handled thus far. X-writers need to do a better job of challenging their characters vs writing them down to fit the plot - thatÂ’s what makes this title boring imho.

BANNED

The same way Storm could do so many amazing feats, the dupes on the background watching could just slap each other and create even more dupes. Storm takes out 50, other 50 slap each other and create 50 more dupes, and so on. They could send 2 dupes to the closest city to steal guns or materials to fabricate bombs on their way back to kill the team.
    There might also be dupes stealing jets from military bases and coming to the rescue of the others to bomb the X-Men away. Also, Madrox could send a small army of dupes to Washington DC to kill the president and steal thecodes for nuclear launches all while this swarm right here distracts the X-Men.

I mean, if we want to extrapolate and go for the extremes the power of the people involved could go, almost on a fanfiction level, what applies to the X-Men should apply to MM. On the same breath you say Storm is nerfed, the same could be said about him. Jamie has enough knowledge gained since PAD's X-Factor.

Also, if they're hitting him and not creating more dupes, then shouldn't that be bad writing too? He created a dupe from bumping his head once. So maybe the fact that Storm and the others are alive means Madrox is being written as less than he could be.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Much as I too groan at the visual of yet ANOTHER crackle strike from Ro's lightning, I do wonder what I would do with her powers in a group situation like this with a horde of Madri swarming.

Fog? Rain? Make it chilly? I mean, Storm has a beautifully vast array of things she CAN do with weather manipulation but within these circumstances, I dunno. I'd probably bolt these fuxers too. <shrug>
    Like you said, not everything can be solved with hurricanes. But yeah, a strategy would be nice. Then again, perhaps a strategy fell short. Bets can't TP these jackals, nor can Jubes blind them all, etc etc. So....they are trying to improvise but their usual go-to-tricks aren't scratching that itch.

And there-in lies the issue with the writers...Even if the strategy fell short it would be nice to see/read there was a strategy to begin with. Not: "You deal with Madrox. We deal with T-rex. X-Men GO!"
    Sending in a literal "hit" squad to battle an opponent who multiplies upon being hit, not a smart move by any stretch.
    As someone else said, they set up an overwhelmingly improbable confrontation scenario that may or may not have been thoroughly thought through.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-23-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The same way Storm could do so many amazing feats, the dupes on the background watching could just slap each other and create even more dupes. Storm takes out 50, other 50 slap each other and create 50 more dupes, and so on. They could send 2 dupes to the closest city to steal guns or materials to fabricate bombs on their way back to kill the team.
    There might also be dupes stealing jets from military bases and coming to the rescue of the others to bomb the X-Men away. Also, Madrox could send a small army of dupes to Washington DC to kill the president and steal thecodes for nuclear launches all while this swarm right here distracts the X-Men.

I mean, if we want to extrapolate and go for the extremes the power of the people involved could go, almost on a fanfiction level, what applies to the X-Men should apply to MM. On the same breath you say Storm is nerfed, the same could be said about him. Jamie has enough knowledge gained since PAD's X-Factor.

Also, if they're hitting him and not creating more dupes, then shouldn't that be bad writing too? He created a dupe from bumping his head once. So maybe the fact that Storm and the others are alive means Madrox is being written as less than he could be.
    I’d actually be fine with this (except the silly OOC parts- they aren’t nuking anybody).This would mean they are presenting the story in a way that makes the fight viable. If MM has contingencies to account for the more powerful X-Men then by all means write it. The team doesn’t have to win here, just not be written like idiots to allow MM to be a challenge. This isn’t fanfictional by any stretch. This is pointing out holes in shitty writing, pure and simple. The X-Men are smart, knows MM and are tactically skilled. Showing up and blasting away within leaping distance of the clone army is plain PIS/CIS. They would and should be creative in how they combat him vs physically striking hin knowing what they do. And yes to the bad writing on clones getting blasted and not duplicating. Just making a point that if “nearly everything” they do will casuse more clones then this wirting team surely isn’t presenting it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't see why the hell so many people are mad about the Madrox situation...
    Because these are the CBR X-boards, where our motto is “We’re not happy unless we’re not happy.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Because it doesn't line up with the boring fanfic they want published instead of a comic book.
    This...

Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.
    I will now work this phrase into every conversation I have from this point on.
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

LMAO!!! Preach this is so truth.

This forum puts Storm on way to high of a pedestal. She isn't God, calm it down. All stories would be a page long if Storm could operate at levels some people are claiming here.

But to back you up all MM needs is a "hearty handshake" to create more dupes.

Just about every action the X-Men could take risk more of him just popping out and ready to go. At the numbers MM is at it would take a whole team working together to stop him.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-23-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The solution is simple, every single issue of the series going further should feature the teams fighting the Celestials, The Beyonders or ManBearPig.

Found this looking for that page in X-Factor where Jamie talks about the knowledge and skills he has gained.

Telekinesis creates more dupes.
    Were the New Warriors guesting in that issue? I assume that's Justice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Because these are the CBR X-boards, where our motto is “We’re not happy unless we’re not happy.”
    This **** ain't healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Were the New Warriors guesting in that issue? I assume that's Justice.
    Yeah it was an X-Men Annual . Don't ask me what number because I do not remember lol
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Yeah it was an X-Men Annual . Don't ask me what number because I do not remember lol
    I think that is from Uncanny X-men annual # 15 the Kings of Pain story .

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think this looks good. I've really enjoyed the first two issues, and hope they keep that momentum going with this one. Solid art too, and I think it does a good job of not looking too drastically different from the issue prior.

Like others have said, I think it would come across better if the writers tried to actually utilize people's abilities in a better fashion than what it is presented. This complaint isn't unique to this trio, as most writers struggle with it, but it would be nice to see characters that have powersets that are very versatile be presented as such. Storm shoots lightning, Polaris throws around metal, Iceman shoots out beams of ice, and Jean makes forces fields and tosses people around. More can be done. Though its still early in the series, and there might be more impressive things on the way.