Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    The Multiple Man mini was a lot of confusing time-travel stuff. The major thing they did was establish a new Jamie Prime who comes from the future. But we don't know anything about the new Jamie Prime, and there are no obvious connections in Disassembled so far. But there might be a connection once they explain what is going on with Jamie in Disassembled.

Yes! I think the point of the event is not to have a traditional bad guy but rather to be a story about the dangers of playing god.
    Thanks for the new Jamie rundown of the mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The new Jamie Prime is a dupe of a dupe that has some sort of knowledgment about the future. The rest of the mini is probably irrelevant.
    Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-23-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Mighty Member

Could the Big Bad be ... Onslaught?

I'm just kidding. If Onslaught wants to come back, he'll need a better plot, characterization, setting, and everything.

We know X-Man and Legion are in the event and they can both manipulate reality.

My guess: Legion is manipulating reality to fix a world he perceives as being broken. The world ends up being destroyed and X-Man has to recreate it. He creates a world that he think is better..but turns out to be morally ambiguous (as shown by the minis exploring weird concepts).

X-Man could be the main bad guy but that would be a complete 180 for the character. But if he was the bad guy I think they would have at least given us some kind of backstory to explain how he becomes bad.
    There’s a lot of strings tied into Disassembled.

Dark Beast and Sugar Man (whose dead), but Bishop finds someone burnt to death where Dark Beast lives.
    Robots, Bishop had to destroy one
    Someone shoots Bishop but not to kill.
    Jean in a room full of powered normals who go ballistic, and one saying they are trying to fix it. Jean was with him, he said.
    Dark Beasts warning to the kids in the sewers, and, Dark Beasts ranting he will not go back
    Madrox capturing Kitty, Senator Allen And Apocalypse.
    The huge Madrox dupe army
    The weather anomalies Storm couldn’t affect
    The vision Jean had about Madrox seeking Kitty Pryde.
    The rapidly spreading Madrox army in Kansas.
    The Avengers and X teams spread around the world fighting changed reality threats
    Bishops alarm wrist-tech going off before this all started
    The Madrox army with different mutant powers. (Reminds me of the powers removed on M day the Collective gathered)
    Legion just showing up.
    X-Men unable to use their powers.
    The vaccine to stop mutations

I can’t help thinking the Inhumans releasing the Terrigen mists killing Mutants is somehow connected to this. Madrox was killed that way. So was Cyclops. Onslaught was a combination of Xavier and Magneto, and if some combination of Scott and Xavier is somehow controlling this?

Owen beat me to the Onslaught idea! But the Collective idea is still one to consider. Mutants had their powers robbed twice now - M day and the Terrigen slaughter.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-26-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

Dark Beast and Sugar Man (whose dead), but Bishop finds someone burnt to death where Dark Beast lives.
    Jean in a room full of powered normals who go ballistic, and one saying they are trying to fix it. Jean was with him, he said.
    Dark Beasts warning to the kids in the sewers, and, Dark Beasts ranting he will not go back
    The Avengers and X teams spread around the world fighting changed reality threats
    The Madrox army with different mutant powers. (Reminds me of the powers removed on M day the Collective gathered)
    Legion just showing up.

I can’t help thinking the Inhumans releasing the Terrigen mists killing Mutants is somehow connected to this. Madrox was killed that way. So was Cyclops. Onslaught was a combination of Xavier and Magneto, and if some combination of Scott and Xavier is somehow controlling this?

Owen beat me to the Onslaught idea! But the Collective idea is still one to consider. Mutants had their powers robbed twice now - M day and the Terrigen slaughter.
    Madrox wasn't the one that kidnapped Kitty and the Senator. He mentioned that he was too late to save them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The Madrox duplication problem looks like it'll end in issue three, with Jamie becoming coherent enough to join up with the rest of the X-Men. It looks like X-Man is the one who's obsessed with trying to fix the "broken" world (his motive is pretty much revealed in his talk with Jean) and is kidnapping people of importance. But I'm not sure if he's the one hunting down AoA survivors, but it would make sense. I think that Legion is gonna take Armor's team to rescue the kidnapped mutants and Apocalypse will give them an upgrade to fight X-Man and his Horsemen of Salvation.
    Now, i can see it.X-man is not the type who gets confused.Maybe madrox & legion have same goal but was not working together at that time(2days ago) but at the starting of uncanny they started working together to stop X-man.X-man is taking out the AoA counterparts & eventually will go after legion.

Screenshot (74).jpg
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 11-24-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Incredible Member

Didnt Xman baby just revieled as being born a couple months ago by the ex that has the death powers? Could ue be trying to make a better world for his child and that what makes him go “bad”?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Didnt Xman baby just revieled as being born a couple months ago by the ex that has the death powers? Could ue be trying to make a better world for his child and that what makes him go “bad”?
    What??????

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What??????
    I think he is referring to X-man having a child by Threnody. Perhaps that is what imspires X-man to want to make the world a better place.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I think he is referring to X-man having a child by Threnody. Perhaps that is what imspires X-man to want to make the world a better place.
    Yes this. Sorry couldn’t remember her name. Wasnt it recently shown that she did have the baby? Like a few months ago, maybe that factors into X-man current state of mind. New baby might inspire him to make the world better for his baby?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Yes this. Sorry couldn’t remember her name. Wasnt it recently shown that she did have the baby? Like a few months ago, maybe that factors into X-man current state of mind. New baby might inspire him to make the world better for his baby?
    I'm not sure if they were shown recently.Now that you mentioned it they may pop up somewhere.

She recently had a baby in the Deadpool Assassin mini. It was a weird vampire baby though. I don't think it's X-Man's child. It's been so long since they showed Threnody and X-Man together, I don't think she'll show up in Disassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

Legion just showing up.

The list is missing the MLF, the vaccine, and Apocalypse.
    The thing is, they have more than enough threads into their story and don't need to introduce Onslaught or the Terrigen Mist. Although I can see a connection between the Terrigen Mist and the anti-mutant vaccine (like they could have a sample of the mist and derive a vaccine from it, and at the end of #2 Beast is actually retrieving the Terrigen sample from the destroyed lab).

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Madrox wasn't the one that kidnapped Kitty and the Senator. He mentioned that he was too late to save them
    The biggest thing that makes me think that Madrox could behind the kidnappings is Apocalypse using the plural of 'captors' at the very end, and the fact that the teleportation effect when the senator disappears is the same effect used when the dupes disappear right after the senator. There could be a Madrox with a teleportation power.

We've seen dupes talk about how it's too late to stop something, etc...I'm wondering if there are different groups of dupes from different points in time trying to stop each other. Like one group of dupes screws everything up, and Jamie sends another group back in time to stop them. The Madrox who does the speech says 'oh it's time' and then the dupes show up and try to grab the senator. He has knowledge of what is about to happen. And in #2 when the X-Men show up to fight the huge group of dupes, they are saying stuff like 'go back home' 'we've got i handled', etc...at first I thought it was them telling the X-Men to go away, but what if it's two groups of dupes fighting ?

There are definitely arguments for Legion or X-Man being behind the kidnappings - I just don't think we should assume it's not Madrox because there is definitely more going on with him than meets the eye.

Deadpool: Assassin spoilers

spoilers:
    Deadpool turned Threnody's baby into giblets.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Now, i can see it.X-man is not the type who gets confused.Maybe madrox & legion have same goal but was not working together at that time(2days ago) but at the starting of uncanny they started working together to stop X-man.X-man is taking out the AoA counterparts & eventually will go after legion.

Screenshot (74).jpg
    I know these covers aren't quite indicative of story content, but with the #3 cover splitting Legion between the students and Jean & Bishop, it might mean Legion is the current problem for the New X-Men AND Jean. He is probably somehow controlling Jamie WHILE simultaneously visiting Xavier's Institute.
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-24-2018 at 07:28 PM.

It's been so long since they showed Threnody and X-Man together, I don't think she'll show up in Disassembled.
    I hadn’t actually considered the possibility of Threnody showing up in Disassembled, but now that you’ve said she won’t I’m really disappointed. I’d love to see her in this, if only so that Jubes can make fun of her name again for old time’s sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Deadpool: Assassin spoilers

spoilers:
    Deadpool turned Threnody's baby into giblets.
    end of spoilers

I know these covers aren't quite indicative of story content, but with the #3 cover splitting Legion between the students and Jean & Bishop, it might mean Legion is the current problem for the New X-Men AND Jean. He is probably somehow controlling Jamie WHILE simultaneously visiting Xavier's Institute.
    Maybe every personality that Legion has got now inside the Jamies!? So Legion mind is (again) finally free from them! And now the Jamies have got different mutant powers!

It should be pretty clear, but that cover is showing the different views the two groups have of Legion. The younger mutants support the slick new version of Legion, while the older X-Men still view him as his old unstable self and don't trust him. This is going to be one of the key divisions that the whole event is named after.