Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    How did this get to 27 issues while other books are cancelled at 11, 17, or less?
    Good enough sales numbers, both of the last two issues before this were still over 18K.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    We got next to nothing. Same as the last 2 issues.

The most we get is Monet screaming for him when he falls into the pit for the sacrifice. Then she screams for him again while he's sliced to pieces. Here's the panel.
    Attachment 74876
    This is the last time they see each other.

Creed sacrifices himself to get Graydon out of Hell. When Graydon is resurrected, Mystique knows Sabretooth did it and Monet asks what happened to Sabretooth. The chapter ends with Marduk releasing an evil feral Creed into the woods where he runs off. Monet doesn't know what became of him, and he probably doesn't remember who she is right now.
    That is..such a disappointment. At least it ends with Sabretooth being a villain who can appear in future books. I'm hoping future writers will have Sabretooth remember seeing the list of his sins when he was in hell and maybe reflect on that...It's probably wishful thinking from me though.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    How did this get to 27 issues while other books are cancelled at 11, 17, or less?
    Personally I stayed with the book because it had a team composition that felt really unique compared to what other X-books did in 2018. It had a different vibe too, kind of like X-force. I can't speak for other readers, but I feel that the book being so different from the rest of the x-books helped sales in spite of the questionable stories and sometimes questionable art.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It's bonkers this book went on for 27 issues.
    And yet Strain’s GenX only made it to 12. It’s a world turned upside down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I’m so glad they didn’t do more with him and monet. I’m glad we got no moment. Never liked those two and glad whatever they had stayed ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Supposed 2 be. You should see the non-edited version.
    Attachment 74872
    That's outrageous. How about they just give Scott, Bishop's complexion when he comes back to life? Basically the same thing...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That is..such a disappointment. At least it ends with Sabretooth being a villain who can appear in future books. I'm hoping future writers will have Sabretooth remember seeing the list of his sins when he was in hell and maybe reflect on that...It's probably wishful thinking from me though.
    Unless Bunn or Brisson ends up with him, we can probably forget about Sabretooth doing anything other than getting his butt kicked, snarling, and stalking Logan. Then again, he may not remember Logan either. He was pretty crazy when Marduk tried to talk to him. All he could do was growl.

My headcanon & thought would be another adventure (book) that isn't announced yet, and Monet ends up getting some help to find him, and possibly try to help him. Then slowly his being reformed could come from a genuine place of effort rather than just magic. It would continue giving Creed his own character growth & I wouldn't say no to more between him & Monet. But I KNOW this is a long shot. However, it will still be my #1 headcanon for now. Probably for a while, since I am swearing off of reading anything with Sabretooth in it. Unless I hear something like this is happening. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-12-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It's bonkers this book went on for 27 issues.
    Agreed. I was actually fired up about the premise at first. Then it quickly fizzed out and has been treading water ever since.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. I was actually fired up about the premise at first. Then it quickly fizzed out and has been treading water ever since.
    Same. And, I know Pak can be pretty hit-or-miss, but whoooaaa boy - this was a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post

Personally I stayed with the book because it had a team composition that felt really unique compared to what other X-books did in 2018. It had a different vibe too, kind of like X-force. I can't speak for other readers, but I feel that the book being so different from the rest of the x-books helped sales in spite of the questionable stories and sometimes questionable art.
    Unfortunately, we all know the real reason they made Creed heel again:

Because Hot Claws is back. And the Canadian Murder Machine needs his punching bag.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Unfortunately, we all know the real reason they made Creed heel again:

Because Hot Claws is back. And the Canadian Murder Machine needs his punching bag.
    Yep. Something else I consider though. I doubt Marvel will follow through. But it's possible Creed isn't reverted. It may be set up so it's a question mark. And depending on what a new writer wants to tackle with him, that's what they'll do.

Even when evil, Creed was not this feral. He could at least talk & form sentences -even if his intelligence depended on the writer's fondness of him. Here, all he can do is growl or snarl like an animal. It seems like he can even formulate words.

So he's definitely lost his mind for the time being. But is he reverted? Or could he still be inverted? We can't really tell yet. But just another thought I had.

Also, despite liking the pairing, I notice that in both books, Monet has actually been the one to screw Creed over. In Uncanny, her feedings seemed to tamper with his inversion. Then here, she was the one who lured Weapon X to the cult in the first place -saying she wanted to share "the gift" with Creed. She says she brought him there to save him, but her bringing him there actually led to this.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-12-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Oh thank goodness the inversion stuff was so lame. Give me Vilanous Creed over this semi reformed often times just as evil as he always half measure. X-men desperately need their villains back anyway.

Aka, Wolverine needs his punching bag back.

I only hope this is leading to a more organic story in helping Creed. Wolverine has enough villains left to job to him. Hell, let Persephone be his new arch foe. Creed lost his effectiveness at it in 2003.

As a Sabretooth fan, if this is the end, and he's reverted to a one-note Bopo-Clown Bag just because Wolverine is back, I am gonna be pissed. Sure, Wolverine's fans will love seeing Creed as Logan's accessory. But Sabretooth has fans too. Give us something to enjoy or at least be interested in, Marvel.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-12-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Haven’t read it yet, still trying to get caught up with the book, but why was Graydon released from hell?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Haven’t read it yet, still trying to get caught up with the book, but why was Graydon released from hell?
    The ritual was completed to revive Stryker. Sabretooth was used as the sacrifice. When he enters into Hell again, he decapitates Stryker and Graydon gets swapped out in his place for the revival.

I've read this final issue too and feel pity that so many characters have been wasted for 27 issues.
    Maybe it's the event of Return of Wolverine that pushes Victor back to villian-like state completely, and maybe in March or Apirl, sooner or later, he's gonna be back only to be one of the initial villian targets serving a "back to basics" arc for Wolverine's personal ongoing or the new UXM.
    Anyway, I can't stop holding gloomy views upon future plans for Victor. I'm not unsatisfied for his returning into villian role, just doubtful that he's gonna keep on playing a clown-like role serving other X-characters like what Pak has made him do with OML.

And about Graydon, seriously, I can't understand why he's gotta be back in the last 2 issues and just got revived like this. I mean, he even didn't say a conscious line in this issue. He's gonna get inverted like his father or play an evil role in other X-books? I can't imagine and even don't have many interests for it.