Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    The last time the AoA world was shown, it was being devoured by world eater...things.
    the last time it was shown, Jean Grey was the new Apocalypse, trying to save that reality from destruction
    she thought that since she had been Phoenix for so long, she would be able to handle the celestial power of the death seed without going evil, she needed a power boost of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They had two teleporters on that Blackbird. That's easier to explain away than Jubilee's immortality.
    Speared through the abdomen in one issue and back on her feet the next, then tossed through a building and shakes it off. Maybe the X-office knows something about her that we don’t? Maybe Quire’s little trick with the Phoenix shard wasn’t as thorough as he thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Okay, this was... odd. An entire issue devoted to exposition and we still basically don't know jack, lol.

I guess Nate disowning of Jean and Jubilee picking herself up after that crazy-ass throw qualified as memorable moments?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This issue kinda stalled and moved things to the point of getting the X-kids to the AOA. Looks like David has once again screwed up. I had to laugh at him calling X-man a Megalomaniac. What would make this really interesting is since Legion actions resulted in the AOA that no longer should exist. What -if the AOA reality has become some sort of reality that exists in Davids subconscious mind, so David banished Legion and the X-kids to apart of reality being held together by his mind. I also like the angle of David feeling like he is responsible for X-man and other AOA characters existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why do people keep referring to this as AOA?
    Along with what the others have said, Jordan D. White's letter at the end of the issue is all about the AOA and he confirms that's where the young X-Men are.

Fun issue.
    >OK art.
    >Only the X-Kids are smart enough to try to understand X-Man's motivation? Nate is finally dying from his powers. Good enough reason to send anyone over the edge into existential thought, especially someone with the literal power to reshape the world into their own version of 'better'.
    >Want AoA? Work with Legion. This is how you get AoA.
    >Psylocke's totality fetish continues!
    >Poor Archangel.
    >Jubilee should be dead after that throw. She and Dazzler have lots to talk about now.

Favourite panels...
    ux1.jpg
    ux2.jpg
    ux3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This was so... Bad!

The entire part with Warren was so poorly written. "... I am undecided." And then he just hovers there in his death persona for them to talk things out.

Poor Bobby, he really is just in his background comic relief trope.

The dialogue is just lackluster from everyone, sve maybe Jean.

Jubilee gets thrown so hard she goes through two sides of a building and all she says is "oof"? I must have missed the part when non vampire jubilee has nigh invulnerability.

The back and forth with the kids was also super off. You can trade Santo for bobby or Jubilee's, they have the same basic lines.

At least pixie is now free from speaking out of character unlike the rest of the cast in this book if you are a mutant lucky (or unlucky) enough to get a line.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the last time it was shown, Jean Grey was the new Apocalypse, trying to save that reality from destruction
    she thought that since she had been Phoenix for so long, she would be able to handle the celestial power of the death seed without going evil, she needed a power boost of some kind.
    Yep and Kurt Darkholme had just looped the world eaters in 616 into AOA and closed the rift (or something -- NOT my favorite event).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The talk with Archangel in the previews was honestly the only good part of this issue. Art degraded after that point too.

- Ease up on the bad Bobby jokes please. Take comedy lessons from Slott or something. Bendis' Bobby wasn't this bad.
    - Betsy's idea was to attack X-Man? Is she off her fucking meds? She did read the file on Nate Grey, right?
    - I know Jubilee's Asian but that doesn't mean you should abuse her like a generic manga character
    - Good show by Hisako unlike Betsy.
    - "Nate: I'm dying" Me too, bitch.
    - Legion's kind of a hypocrite.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This issue exhausted the fuck out of me.

This is the first one I can say was genuinely bad.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Glob is so damn happy to have pants.
    He enjoys the simple things...

If Nate doesn't care about Jean at all, why did he bother taking the form of an old woman and talk to her to see if she agreed with him or not? lol.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I typed what Pixie said into google and apparently it's a Welsh swear

"Cachu hwch" means "Pig's poo"
    The Welsh language and it's hatred for vowels....

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    The last time the AoA world was shown, it was being devoured by world eater...things.
    The AOA reality was actually sealed off from the rest of the multiverse. The race of Exterminators (just one of which drained and killed the Dreaming Celestial, another one drained one of those side alternate realities in the lead up to the event, I think in the issue where evil Xavier died), seemingly billions of them were freed (trapped in the void between realities) and threatened to devour the entire multiverse. Jean Grey got the Death Seed and became the new AoA Apocalypse and started battling against the army/race of Exterminators and winning, but it seemed like no matter who won the entire AoA reality was going kaput given the level of power being put out. The reality being sealed off should also mean it survived the Beyonders/Doom/Molecule Man ordeal, which means it wouldn't be re-created, so this would be a whole new AoA reality if you go by the logic of continuity (not that many writers or editors seem to care about that anymore).

totally downhill, worse than #5. Warren aimlessly flying around and all x-men being tied up are stupid asf.

Ugh. Is it still realistic to expect after issue 11 it will get better?
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Ugh. Is it still realistic to expect after issue 11 it will get better?
    Depends on how you feel about Rosenberg's work on it's own. How did you feel about Phoenix Resurrection, Multiple Man, and New Mutants: Dead Souls?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey