Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Hmm...

Hypocrite.

Bravo good sir.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Really? Struggling against Chen Lu and Rogue? LOOOL!
    not radioactive man, Mahkizmo, who had a woman weakening ray that was making erryone weak

Plus, struggling against rogue is natural, after all she took out all the avengers quick in her first appearance too with her powers.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-02-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    not radioactive man, Mahkizmo, who had a woman weakening ray that was making erryone weak

Plus, struggling against rogue is natural, after all she took out all the avengers quick in her first appearance too with her powers.
    Ah, this obscure Fantastic Four villain. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mahkizmo_(Earth-74101)
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Ah, this obscure Fantastic Four villain. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mahkizmo_(Earth-74101)

Yup kinda heavy handed to have a woman hater, but why he was written more competent/charismatic at least.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Binary came into play in the end if the fiery hair is any indication... although these days they don't seem to draw her with red skin (as seen in this book and the ultimates)

I wonder if someone helped her make the hammer disappear or if she pulled one of her tricks of making a vortex as binary

in the latter case she managed to generate and channel enough energy that it dwarfed quasar's to the extent he considered epoch (eon's offspring for Marv's fans) may have found an omnipotent or cosmic being
    The more Carol powers up to Binary level -- and given the types of feats that she's capable of while at that level -- the more in awe of Blue Marvel's energy projection abilities I become. It only took a casual burst of energy from him to vault her to Binary form back in the pages of the Ultimates. If Binary dwarfs Quasar in terms of sheer energy output, what does that say about Adam? True enough, Thor gets jobbed often. But at least we have some idea of his upper levels. I don't think we'll ever see that with characters like Blue Marvel. Sentry, yes. Nova, for sure. Silver Surfer, absolutely. But never Adam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The more Carol powers up to Binary level -- and given the types of feats that she's capable of while at that level -- the more in awe of Blue Marvel's energy projection abilities I become. It only took a casual burst of energy from him to vault her to Binary form back in the pages of the Ultimates. If Binary dwarfs Quasar in terms of sheer energy output, what does that say about Adam? True enough, Thor gets jobbed often. But at least we have some idea of his upper levels. I don't think we'll ever see that with characters like Blue Marvel. Sentry, yes. Nova, for sure. Silver Surfer, absolutely. But never Adam.
    Binary can't dwarf quasar "casually" so to speak. She nearly died and was hospitalized for 6 months... and was actually her pushing past her limits. (and to be fair, seeing how avril used the bands to break the planetary shield, I wonder if quasars can do the same)

I was bringing it up more for the vortex creation ability. I don't know about adam, in the Ultimates 1, adam charged her up and she was able to take out the punisher robots before finishing a sentence (who were pushing back adam somewhat) seemingly implying she's stronger than him? But I never really saw her do similarly well later on as binary against thanos (but then again thanos has demolished punisher robots just as well back in his solo dealings with galactus when he was being a hero)

i more brought it up for teh vortex creation stuff.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-03-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Binary can't dwarf quasar "casually" so to speak. She nearly died and was hospitalized for 6 months... and was actually her pushing past her limits. (and to be fair, seeing how avril used the bands to break the planetary shield, I wonder if quasars can do the same)

I was bringing it up more for the vortex creation ability. I don't know about adam, in the Ultimates 1, adam charged her up and she was able to take out the punisher robots before finishing a sentence (who were pushing back adam somewhat) seemingly implying she's stronger than him? But I never really saw her do similarly well later on as binary against thanos (but then again thanos has demolished punisher robots just as well back in his solo dealings with galactus when he was being a hero)

i more brought it up for teh vortex creation stuff.
    Marvel editors hate Quasar so i wouldn't be surprised if Carol turns out to be superior than Wendell at dealing with metaphysical threats.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I still can't believe they killed off Spencer's Quasar so easily.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

LMAO! The only good thing about this drek is that Thor, God of Jobbers, has been finally put out of his (and ours) misery, so he can become the badass God of Thunder again under Cates. I knew Carol was going to win this one.

The saga of Jobber Thor started in 2014, when Aaron turned the Odinson into a boorish and dimwitted fratboy who projected his self-Worth into Mjolnir to the point he lost all of his dignity and confidence the moment the hammer was given to his former love interest Jane Foster. Which contradicted pretty much all the moments where Thor has shown to be a badass and confident hero even without Mjolnir. (check out the moment when he used his bare hands to drag the planet sized Midgard Serpent away from Earth and the ''Mjolnir was just a tool'' speech he did during the Ragnarok story)

Attachment 89772

I hope Cates saves Thor from the angsty deconstructed hero rabbit hole and the Worf Effect rabbit hole.

#RememberThor #NotmyThor
    I can find no counter to what you said

I too look forward to the next phase in hope it returns Thor back to his glory days

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I still can't believe they killed off Spencer's Quasar so easily.
    Wendell Vaughn IS Quasar.

Although it was a pretty crappy move killing Kincaid shortly after her introduction.

Astonishing Member

Actually, BCE is more accurate. Dionysius Exiguus, the 6th century monk who gave us the concept of Anno Domini (AD, or "in the year of our Lord"), never claimed to know the exact date of Jesus Christ's birth or death when he was creating his Easter tables. In fact, he discarded previous convention in favor of one that pleased the pope and was consistent with Constantine the Great's original wishes. All of my professors back in college used BCE and its use is quite prevalent in texts after the 17th century. My experience is that most of the common population uses BC for all of the obvious reasons.
    Non of this is really important to what is being written, interesting though it may be

It's much more interesting than the 1000000bc characters team imo
    Last edited by kilderkin; 12-04-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

Well he did one shot shumagaroth, which was major cool

And one shot a hulk

Love the character but he needs more uses

Should be a team leader on some sort of cosmic team
    Last edited by kilderkin; 12-04-2019 at 12:27 PM.

BANNED

It's kinda strange that in 1 month, Thor lost a fight to 2 Ms Marvels, that has to be like the mother of all coincidences. Not many people know about the other loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Hmm...

Hypocrite.
    Ah yes, storm fans. Brings me back to those old Comicvine vs threads

Astonishing Member

Was there an explanation of how she moved mjolnir from Thor and stopped it returning
    Last edited by kilderkin; 12-04-2019 at 06:28 PM.