Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Annihilation.

It was a manageable event, with just the right number of monthly comics to purchase.
    It had a tie-in 'Who's Who' in the Nova Corps Files.
    It had a one title lead-in with Drax, which gave time to prepare and set up the stage.
    It had one spin-off in Nova, which kept the cosmic corner actively in view and held the momentum.

It was the textbook example of how to promote and revive interest in a franchise.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m going to say Avengers: No Surrender. I’d been out of new Marvel Comics after Hickman’s runs on Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars, but a friend of mine has told me about the story, and how old school classic it was, so I gave it a shot. I loved it. It gave me that feeling I’d been missing from Marvel in such a long time. I’ve since gone back and bought Waid’s All New, Avengers vol. 7, the Champions, as well as all three volumes of Uncanny, Ewing’s New and U.S.Avengers, and the Scarlet Witch ongoing. The story gave me the same feeling I got when I read Steve Englehart’s Celestial Madonna Saga, Shooter/Michelinie/Pérez’s Korvac Saga, and Claremont’s Dark Phoenix Saga. That anything can happen. It made me love the Avengers again, after the abomination that was Bendis’ tripe drove me from the franchise.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Gotta roll with Annihilation. Nova finally putting an end to Annihilus, Ronan smashing Ravenous, Drax finally killing Thanos, Surfer getting revenge for both himself and Galactus... just amazing to see a story almost completely wrapped up in a good way. There's not really anything Marvel's done event-wise since then that comes anywhere near what Annihilation was, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m going to say Avengers: No Surrender. I’d been out of new Marvel Comics after Hickman’s runs on Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars, but a friend of mine has told me about the story, and how old school classic it was, so I gave it a shot. I loved it. It gave me that feeling I’d been missing from Marvel in such a long time. I’ve since gone back and bought Waid’s All New, Avengers vol. 7, the Champions, as well as all three volumes of Uncanny, Ewing’s New and U.S.Avengers, and the Scarlet Witch ongoing. The story gave me the same feeling I got when I read Steve Englehart’s Celestial Madonna Saga, Shooter/Michelinie/Pérez’s Korvac Saga, and Claremont’s Dark Phoenix Saga. That anything can happen. It made me love the Avengers again, after the abomination that was Bendis’ tripe drove me from the franchise.
    Avengers: No Surrender would be my second choice. It was classic Avengers even if they didn't use a lot of classic Avengers.

BANNED

I want to say Acts of Vengence because of its plot and how it changes Spider-Man.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I liked the ending of SIEGE especially when I got back into comics it was during Bendis' New Avengers era. Seeing Norman Osborn finally dethroned was satisfying.

Secret Wars (2015) was alright but I didn't really partake in Hickman's wild ride until he brought Spider-Man into the FF.

Speaking of Spider-Man, I liked how Superior Spider-Man ended but that wasn't really an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I liked the ending of SIEGE especially when I got back into comics it was during Bendis' New Avengers era. Seeing Norman Osborn finally dethroned was satisfying.

Secret Wars (2015) was alright but I didn't really partake in Hickman's wild ride until he brought Spider-Man into the FF.

Speaking of Spider-Man, I liked how Superior Spider-Man ended but that wasn't really an event.
    One of the best moments in comics was Norman's Patriot armor alerting him of incoming and seeing the reflection of Cap's shield on his armor coming at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I want to say Acts of Vengence because of its plot and how it changes Spider-Man.
    Good but we need something from the last 2 decades. Acts of Vengeance was late 80s early 90s.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man. 1998 - 2018 even kicks out Age of Apocalypse. 90s was X-Men for life and Clone Saga for me.

I also remember The Other storyline for Spider-Man but I wasn't really a fan of the following status quo.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Easily Secret Wars by Hickman for me. The whole thing was a valentine to the Fantastic Four (Hickman knew that Marvel was going to put them in limbo for a while) and showed us once again how the Reed/Doom rivalry is the greatest one in comics.

And the icing on the cake is that it was a huge seller, with total sales of all issues being an estimated 2 million. Hard to top that these days.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-27-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Easily Secret Wars by Hickman for me. The whole thing was a valentine to the Fantastic Four (Hickman knew that Marvel was going to put them in limbo for a while) and showed us once again how the Reed/Doom rivalry is the greatest one in comics.

And the icing on the cake is that it was a huge seller, with total sales of all issues being an estimated 2 million. Hard to top that these days.
    Secret Wars did have a great ending.

The slighty jaded Avenger fan in me still feels a bit of spite over what started out as an Avengers story ending as an FF one... but putting those personal feelings aside, it really was a nice tribute to the FF, who flat out deserved going out that way given they were about to be shelved.

Astonishing Member

Another vote for 2015's Secret Wars.

Astonishing Member

1. Siege. Conclusion to the overall Avengers arc that began in Civil War.
    2. Second Coming. Conclusion to the overall X-Men arc that began with Decimation.
    3. Avengers Vs. X-Men. This was more of an X-Men story than an Avengers story. The Consequences mini was a great wrap up. And it launched my favorite period of Marvel in the past few years with Marvel Now
    4. Secret Wars. Conclusion to the Hickman's FF and Avengers runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    One of the best moments in comics was Norman's Patriot armor alerting him of incoming and seeing the reflection of Cap's shield on his armor coming at him.
    And let’s not forget the massive cry of “Avengers Assemble!” that followed as Cap led the heroes into battle. You just don’t get awesome moments like that anymore it feels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good but we need something from the last 2 decades. Acts of Vengeance was late 80s early 90s.
    Okay, then I would say Planet Hulk and World War Hulk, but that’s due to me being a Hulk fan.

Satisfied ending for a recent Marvel event these past few years... Annihilation like everyone else said because it helped restore the Cosmic Marvel to a new heights, gave Richard Rider Nova a long overdue boost and finally allowed Drax to kill Thanos like he was created to.

To me it was a great Marvel event for the past few years.