Page 136 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2505

but guys

this time it's gonna be super fuckin' cool

me during bendis time:

ME IN 2020 MACHINE HEAVEN:

Amazing Member

Being honest, I was expecting a warm welcome from long time IM fans. Maybe this 2020 plot does not means that much to newer fans or to atract more fans, but I imagined that was a huge deal for IM mythos.

I know the timing is horrible, but I think it's too soon for them doing the Tony Stark is dead/gone/a machine/ not human again. So I'm not worried. In fact, this could be the big break for Arno in the general public's eye.
    Last edited by Ana; 10-03-2019 at 05:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ana View Post
    Being honest, I was expecting a warm welcome from long time IM fans. Maybe this 2020 plot does not means that much to newer fans or to atract more fans, but I imagined that was a huge deal for IM mythos.

I know the timing is horrible, but I think it's too soon for them doing the Tony Stark is dead/gone/a machine/ not human again. So I'm not worried. In fact, this could be the big break for Arno in the general public's eye.
    I think it's just the timing, so soon after Tony just came back from being gone, that bums some fans out or worries them. I get that.

But I trust that Slott has cooked up something cool. It would be wrong to just let 2020 sail by without delving into this part of the IM mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I understand the apprehension with the prospect of Tony being replaced, if only for a short time. It seems like we've just been down that road.

For that reason, I'm hoping things aren't quite as they seem. I guess we'll find out at NYCC what's going on.

I do get that there's only one chance to do a 2020 story in 2020 so I don't begrudge Slott for going for it. I just hope that a) it's a great one and b) that Tony isn't completely sidelined.

I've enjoyed the hell out of Slott's run so far. Fingers crossed that will continue.
    I'm also hoping Slott doesn't repeat himself with a Superior storyline.

If this mess doesn't end quickly with a tonyjan marriage then whats the point

iMan 42s

The timing is the biggest issue, other than that the sales on Iron man haven't been great either. While a shakeup is needed it's not in the best place to do a replacement arc so soon after the last one. So while it is big that we finally got here, it's shot in the foot by the last run and the thing we got to is superficially the character it's meant to be a celebration for. So if the fanbase is a bit meh or worried about this, I honestly can't blame them.

It could be good don't get me wrong, I'll read it and post thoughts hopefully day of release.

That being said I'm expecting this book to be scrutinized hard on release given creative teams and the timing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    But I trust that Slott has cooked up something cool. It would be wrong to just let 2020 sail by without delving into this part of the IM mythos.
    Sure. With RDJ gone the franchise need to step it up in all medias to stay a sucess. Work with some great arcs is always a good way to keep people on board

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    If this mess doesn't end quickly with a tonyjan marriage then whats the point
    I deslike superhero x superhero relationships, so this pairing is meh to me. But Janet is a great character actually. I hope she gets her own solo. But I think she'll be in the book for 2020 and only will leave when other writer arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The timing is the biggest issue, other than that the sales on Iron man haven't been great either. While a shakeup is needed it's not in the best place to do a replacement arc so soon after the last one. So while it is big that we finally got here, it's shot in the foot by the last run and the thing we got to is superficially the character it's meant to be a celebration for. So if the fanbase is a bit meh or worried about this, I honestly can't blame them.

It could be good don't get me wrong, I'll read it and post thoughts hopefully day of release.

That being said I'm expecting this book to be scrutinized hard on release given creative teams and the timing.

This 2020 idea seemed to me more like something to please long time fans than to sale make a big hit sale comic. That's why I was surprised. But I completely understand why fans are worried, after all even the promotional art was kinda similar with the Search for Tony Stark one. Maybe this promotion is not on point yet.

Edit: And about the version of Arno, I'm not in the best place to judge. I have I huge problem with the way Marvel is aprroching the adoption angle. It's not me being difficult, but for me still lacks depth for a sensitive issue like this. So I don't know how this affect this version of Arno to me and if this is affecting all the latest runs for me.
    Last edited by Ana; 10-03-2019 at 11:03 AM.

I'm definitely giving it chance as it is a part of the Iron Man mythos, but as others have stated. It's the timing of the thing. Tony won't be in Avengers pretty soon and where am I going to see my hero? So we'll see.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I've never read the first Demon in a bottle but this Deliverence/Second Demon in a botlle is great. That was how deep issues should be dealt with in comics.

This is one fair list. I just not that much a fan of #10, but still.

Was that Earth-65 Peggy Carter I saw at the end there!?!

No hint as to that game's gameplay, but I imagine it'll be similar to Contest of Champions, same dev, similar logo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Hey, Eric Loomis as Iron Man! Nice .

I think I also hear Liam O'Brien as Strange.

So they're rebooting Contest of Champions it feels like?

Apparently Contest will be staying updated too.

Loomis is the cartoon Iron Man VA, right? Makes sense they'd use him here. What's interesting is that the armor is empty - he's an AI, like in Secret Empire.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

So much this.