Page 37 of 167 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Arno is a fascinating character. The Amanda Armstrong character would make good event comic death fodder. I know Slott is trying but the character is this generation's version of Aunt May. You just look at the character and wonder why they haven't been killed off yet.
    Yeah they can keep Arno and Amanda(I prefer they dump her though). Just make Arno the son of Howard and Amanda. That way Tony can still be the biological son.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh, I love this page from issue 9 that came out today:

The 60s theme song!
    Yes, I loved that page. And the issue as a whole was a blast, with a cool cliffhanger. Jim Zub makes a seamless entrance here, scripting from Slott's outline.

Glad that they finally paired Slott up with someone who can help make sure the book doesn't suffer any more late shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah they can keep Arno and Amanda(I prefer they dump her though). Just make Arno the son of Howard and Amanda. That way Tony can still be the biological son.
    Could not agree more. Get ride of Armstrong and keep Arno as Tony's brother. I always said that Arno was the best thing out of that stupid Adoption angle BS.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Arno is a fascinating character. The Amanda Armstrong character would make good event comic death fodder. I know Slott is trying but the character is this generation's version of Aunt May. You just look at the character and wonder why they haven't been killed off yet.
    I kind of have to agree. She really feels like a character who writers could probably kill off to "up the stakes" without actually killing off someone really important.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, I loved that page. And the issue as a whole was a blast, with a cool cliffhanger. Jim Zub makes a seamless entrance here, scripting from Slott's outline.

Glad that they finally paired Slott up with someone who can help make sure the book doesn't suffer any more late shipping.
    That theme song is a work of art. Some people feel that Cap's is better. It's close, but Iron Man's theme edges it out. This was the best issue yet. I have a feeling that Gauntlet will end up working for Stark when this is all over. I'm hoping that Amanda sacrifices her life to save Tony. That would be the perfect note for the character to leave on.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

"When Captain America throws his mighty shield... all those who chose to oppose his shield must yield!" - catchy, but doesn't really describe the character. Iron Man's actually mentions who Tony is. All the 60s themes are very of their time though, except for Spider-Man's.

Tony's best theme music has to be his second Marvel Action Hour one!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I still say the Thor 60's theme can roll with Spider-Man's. That stuff is majestic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I gotta make this my ringtone lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "When Captain America throws his mighty shield... all those who chose to oppose his shield must yield!" - catchy, but doesn't really describe the character. Iron Man's actually mentions who Tony is. All the 60s themes are very of their time though, except for Spider-Man's.

Tony's best theme music has to be his second Marvel Action Hour one!
    That's a good one. But my personal favorite is Tony's Armored Adventures theme.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It really is a good one. I was going to bring it up, but it’s good to see others enjoyed it as well.

What did everyone think of the issue? What happened and were it’s heading?

It is mostly an exploration of Stark's psyche, and how he's undergoing identity issues very similar to what The Doctor faces whenever he regenerates. But that simple description doesn't do it justice. It is a very, very good issue.

The Controller story is still going on, but it's almost a side-issue, only relevant in that it puts a de facto time-limit on Stark learning to deal with all the pain and trauma of coming back from the dead and how that's given him severe identity issues.

Yeah, the issue is great. Machine Man kinda steals the show but the family drama and the Black Mirror-style ideas have big consequences for Tony. Schiti and Villanelli compliment each other perfectly and the really detailed 60's references got to me.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate