Page 99 of 167 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2505

double post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-29-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

66447551_2411801175735524_7487416981038039040_n.jpg Some Iron Man art. I have a a simliar print, but he is wearing the Dora the explorer watch from Iron Man 3.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-01-2019 at 12:09 PM.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I will DEFINITELY be tracking down this variant! It's beautiful.

Tony Stark: Iron Man Volume 2: Stark Realities:

- I'm sorry, I still just do not care about Amanda Armstrong. I feel like Slott's trying really hard, but it's just not doing anything for me. I'm not saying she shouldn't have any relationship with Tony or not be involved as his birth mother, but she just doesn't seem interesting, her chemistry with Tony feels non-existent, and I just don't buy any real closeness between them. Like, would one of her songs really wake him up? Really? And then she basically abandons him over the possibility he's an AI. About the only positive things I can say is that she was blonde Ultimate Dazzler in her youth and brought back the classic Black Widow look with the fishnets.

- Surprised to see the base armor was the main look for this entire arc. I thought it's only point was for Tony to have a consistent look outside this book.

- Controller was basically a side-boss compared to Motherboard, which is kind of funny when they went to the trouble of giving him a "Final Form."

- I know one Donovan Morgan Grant who would get a kick out of Miles making a DBZ reference, although I thought it was more of a Kamen Rider situation where they jump from the base form to the Final Form, but the general audience probably wouldn't get that.

- Do Tony and Riri really have a "Mr. Stark" relationship? I'm not sure what their dynamic is.

- I kind of feel bad for Jocasta that she's trying to make herself this snazzy, well-dressed, woman and people will always default to her (basically) naked body.

- Tony and Beth's relationship in this book is kind of weird to me. They don't act like people who once had this very serious, deep, relationship once-upon-a-time. I guess you could say that's partially because of Bethany's professionalism, but still.

- The Tony and Janet relationship is really fun and sweet, and Jan is written awesomely in this book.

- I'm kind of surprised FRIDAY was so resistant to going back in the Iron Man armor. She didn't want to be confined in it, but she never really seemed that way during the Bendis run, on-top of being loyal and practical when it came to helping Tony. I guess none of this would've happened if Tony didn't need to have AI's in the Iron Man armor, but that's become too much part of the brand identity to get rid of. Or I guess Tony could just get Extremis again.

- The solicits made me think Tony would willingly drink again after his inhibitions were released, instead of basically being manipulated and kind of forced into it. Still a major blow for him.

- So Arno grabbed the AI's of his parents. Is he going to put in that in his Iron Man 2020 armor or use that to try and fulfill the relationship he wanted with them that Tony got?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- Tony and Beth's relationship in this book is kind of weird to me. They don't act like people who once had this very serious, deep, relationship once-upon-a-time. I guess you could say that's partially because of Bethany's professionalism, but still.
    I like it. They are both adults who have moved on. In a genre where most people act as operatically as Riverdale, it's refreshing to have two people move on in a completely healthy way.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I like it. They are both adults who have moved on. In a genre where most people act as operatically as Riverdale, it's refreshing to have two people move on in a completely healthy way.
    Maybe it's because I still kinda ship them, but it's just not for me .

- Do Tony and Riri really have a "Mr. Stark" relationship? I'm not sure what their dynamic is.
    Tony was supposed to be her mentor. But he very quickly got walloped into that coma, and by the time he got his body back, Riri had built an armor based on his latest model, and joined the Champions. The AI Tony that Riri had briefly co-existed with flesh and blood Tony (he was still there at the end of Bendis's run, so I always assumed he was deleted when Thanos destroyed Riri's armor in Champions' Infinity Countdown tie-in), so they're not one and the same. Riri still respects him, but Tony basically doesn't remember doing much if any mentoring at all. And at this point, what more can he teach her? She's taught herself everything!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

the only downside of the blessed and sacred tonyjan is that I can't ship him and iron fist 1,000,000
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I like that they can do this as well.

Maybe it's because I still kinda ship them, but it's just not for me .
    They do get together in Iron Man The End. So they do end up together.

I was very interested in this story as of course Tony is in it, but now I'm really looking forward to reading this.

the only downside of the blessed and sacred tonyjan is that I can't ship him and iron fist 1,000,000
    I like Tony/Jan together too. They just seem to fit and can relate to each other on so many levels. I hope Tony is in this issue of Avengers more than just this.

Time travel. It's a killer.

Tony Stark: Iron Man Volume 2: Stark Realities:

- I'm sorry, I still just do not care about Amanda Armstrong. I feel like Slott's trying really hard, but it's just not doing anything for me. I'm not saying she shouldn't have any relationship with Tony or not be involved as his birth mother, but she just doesn't seem interesting, her chemistry with Tony feels non-existent, and I just don't buy any real closeness between them. Like, would one of her songs really wake him up? Really? And then she basically abandons him over the possibility he's an AI. About the only positive things I can say is that she was blonde Ultimate Dazzler in her youth and brought back the classic Black Widow look with the fishnets.

- Surprised to see the base armor was the main look for this entire arc. I thought it's only point was for Tony to have a consistent look outside this book.

- Controller was basically a side-boss compared to Motherboard, which is kind of funny when they went to the trouble of giving him a "Final Form."

- I know one Donovan Morgan Grant who would get a kick out of Miles making a DBZ reference, although I thought it was more of a Kamen Rider situation where they jump from the base form to the Final Form, but the general audience probably wouldn't get that.

- I kind of feel bad for Jocasta that she's trying to make herself this snazzy, well-dressed, woman and people will always default to her (basically) naked body.

- The Tony and Janet relationship is really fun and sweet, and Jan is written awesomely in this book.

- I'm kind of surprised FRIDAY was so resistant to going back in the Iron Man armor. She didn't want to be confined in it, but she never really seemed that way during the Bendis run, on-top of being loyal and practical when it came to helping Tony. I guess none of this would've happened if Tony didn't need to have AI's in the Iron Man armor, but that's become too much part of the brand identity to get rid of. Or I guess Tony could just get Extremis again.

- The solicits made me think Tony would willingly drink again after his inhibitions were released, instead of basically being manipulated and kind of forced into it. Still a major blow for him.

- So Arno grabbed the AI's of his parents. Is he going to put in that in his Iron Man 2020 armor or use that to try and fulfill the relationship he wanted with them that Tony got?

Who does? This is a story element that no one is feeling yet they continually try to make her an important part of Tony's life. No one cares.