Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
now when I answer your question I'm doing this based upon how I believe you to perceive his work (and not my own perception of it lol). I think you would prefer it to build upon some of the established work that preceded the events of Doomwar. Though I am sure you enjoyed some of what Hickman did with him I would wager you could forego a lot of that if it meant all of what was written doomwar forward was erased. I don't believe you to mind Ororo and Tchalla working together as one unit but I think you prefer seeing a tchalla that didnt rely so much on his wife and his other family and friends but looked to how he could resolve conflicts using his intellect and gifts.

I do think the difference between our view of Coates is while I admit I love him primarily for what he has done for Ororo a lot of my understanding of wakanda came once tchalla/ororo wed. I thought hudlin was ok as a writer but Coates work is a lot more engaging and he appears to have put more thought into how his story is told. You have an awareness of BP that extends well beyond hudlin so there in lies the big difference.

Nevertheless, there is not ONE thing that he has done that you see as an accurate portrayal of tchalla? what about hus interaction with ororo? nothing?
And therein lies the difference. You look at the T'Challa through the eyes Storm. That's where you began.

I've been reading about T'Challa since McGregor, some 30 years before they married. I've seen the up and downs, from the "Noble Negro" to the "most dangerous man alive" to the flawed King who would do anything to protect his country. And by flawed I mean the person who was so focused on being the Wakanda's greatest defender that he would do anything, break any rule, use anyone to further his goal. That man is fascinating. Sort of like a few other monarchs and a certain master of magnetism.

His relationship with Storm should be as equals, not one lecturing the other, not tip-toeing around each other. They should be the power couple of Marvel. But they are mired in Real Housewives of ATL type isht. Boring. They should both speak their mind, call each other out as needed but enough with the constant needing to learn a lesson about each other.

No one should dare challenge this couple and if you're coming, you better bring your family and their big boy pants. I want afro-futurism where they have a vision of the world, the universe and what it will take to make that vision happen. I don't want Game of Thrones, I want War of Kings and Queens.

Won't happen with Coates. The only thing he can do for me is leave.