Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
This is better than the actual comic book. I'm glad Coates got ya'll to do all the heavy lifting and spin for him because this isn't what i read but it definitely would have been far better and made more sense.

I'm just stuck on the simple reasoning.

Tchalla is one of the smartest men in the world and has spent far more time in America and observing America and learning in America as well as other racially charged places in the world that Ororo has only ever flown over but somehow she fundamentally understands racism and slavery to a deeper degree than he ever could because he was coming from a place of unparalleled privileged. Personally i felt like "Really b($(? Your going to ask him if he wants a mayonaise sandwich next? God forbid this black man actually experienced racism on his travels. OR you know read about things in African American Studies, something. Surely he can string two and two together."

When he talked about not having an answer. I was stuck on "After ALL that, After ALL these issues after ALL these trials this MFer don't even got an answer? This what we doing in 2019 Coates?"

And when he was all i don't know what Wakanda stands for but it don't stand for this. My mind was all "The mfing KING of Wakanda doesn't know WTF his own country stands for. Three Volumes exploring the history of Wakanda, it's past, it's gods, adding new gods and he still hasn't caught a clue. Coates must really hate this #)#)#)"

So our reading experiences were obviously completely different.
Quoted for accuracy.