Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
Yep. Guggan’s responses just felt “safely canned”. I can understand the essential need for these writers to be in the same page to (finally) achieve and maintain some consistency for characters appearing in other titles but I don’t see that as a basis to diminish her significance or prominence in the X-Verse.

Plus, I also enjoyed this last issue of BP. A good conversation that showed them as being relatable as a couple. Coates has proven he knows how to write them together in a way that doesn’t diminish them individually, which is well beyond Hudlin.

I hear you. Not to rain on your positive support of the book you like but....While her decision to join made sense Storm shouldn’t be Kitty support. She was a shaper of the X-Verse that a string of white X-writers (from Fraction to Guggenheim) just don’t know what to do with/simply couldn’t relate to. Cyclops isn’t Magneto or Xavier support. He’s picking a rotating roster to address Krakoan threats. That’s more the prominent type of roles that spring to mind when I think of Storm when it comes to X-roles.

If they opted the HFTC route with her that could be interesting but she shouldn’t be below Emma or Kitty. Storm isn’t infamous and has an extensive relationship with many heroes outside of the X-verse/prior government work/connections. Why it is that she’s always some secondary plan that takes a back seat to every popular white X-verse character/plans that we don’t see actually happen?

This Marvel’s arguably most popular female heroine, most premier/well known black female character and one of their most popular black characters period and she’s....in “works for some alleged big plan”. We’ve heard this so many times to our disappointment.

But hey...at least she is there vs other characters who aren’t at all.....? OK.

Agreed. And we’ve already seen Storm change Water to gas and ice to liquid. I would hope, if Guggan allegedly knows Storm like he claimed in his interview, recognizes that.

Or simply have them be omega level mutants with great team synergy but keep the regressive power combinations out. They can just be omega level elemental nightmares who can Collaborate in a highly decimating way. Here is where he really needs to show some creativity that could separate him from the previous writers who think that her bringing in moisture (and hopefully not while over the ocean) for Iceman to freeze :-/...
1. safely canned is a perfect expression lol. wouldnt it be amazing to have cohesive stories across all of marvel books? as much as it has been long overdue to have such cohesion, i dont believe this to be the reason storm doesnt have a prominent role. she may a story here or there but this book will orbit around Emma shaw and pryde.

I'm so happy you finally got to read the issue and enjoyed it. I thought both characters were edited suth respect to the other.

2. you hydrogen bombed me with this post! epic and true in every way. why is she always secondary within a vision other characters have for mutantkind? do you think the xoffices would ever have cyclops support kitty in her pirating adventure? why do we storm fans accepts scraps and call it a delicacy?

3 what synergy attack do u think the two could perform?