Page 497 of 662 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yeah, I may have to drop BP if Coates is headed in that direction. I hate that they sucked me back into this damn relationship only to pull the rug from under fans of the pairing a mere couple of years into their reunion. As I said, I hope I'm wrong. But I don't really see why Coates would bother with this subplot for it to go nowhere. And he's been building it for a while now. It would be nice if a super Storm/BP fan asked Coates on Twitter about the couple's future. Cough. Cough. I wonder who that super fan could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm okies with this.
    Coates can't really do much development with Storm going forward now that she's under HiX-Man's X-purview.
    And the option of having her guest-appear for just romance/booty call purposes is doing her character and the book a gross disservice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Welcome to this side of the internet.

YES!!!!! the End of T'Challa/Ororo is CLOSE AT HAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Why did i just imagine your avatar laughing at your gif. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Why did i just imagine your avatar laughing at your gif. lol[/QUOTE]

Because my Gif KNOWS what's up. I Knew this was coming.....

Me too. I literally saw the shift in writing as soon as Tchalla couldn't get to bed that night.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I have to say I absolutely loved his issue. There’s truly something to be said about the idea of black love and why so many people here are obsessed with sexualizing it. I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry. Either way, Coates is absolutely the fucking man! His work with Ororo is nothing short of amazing.

I love that he keeps giving certain readers an impression that he’s going to crap all over the work he’s done with Storm and her relationship with T’Challa and Wakanda. One thing that gives me great satisfaction is all the news that swirls around Storm’s godhood. Her words, her presence and the aura around her place in Wakanda is still unmatched and she stands in that power! Like nobody’s business she stands in it. So many people wish to see conflict and it shows that they believe every conflict should be reduced to mere fisticuffs. It’s comical.

Coates writes Storm in a way where her power as a goddess and as a woman are almost inseparable. Ever since issue #172 where he gives us clear insight into how she interprets her new position in the world and people still doubt him. Some thought she was merely a sex symbol. That’s laughable and this issue flies directly in the face of that. Some thought that he was setting them up to be split apart. That’s laughable and this issue flies directly in the face of that. Some thought her agency rested solely on T’Challa as a man. Again, that’s laughable and this issue flies directly in the face of that. And leading into this issue many thought that he would reduce Ororo and Nakia to two squabbling, hysterical, dick obsessed caricatures of black women. I urged against it quite a few times. Imagine my delight at being proven right.

I’m not at all surprised that messages of black love are so easy to miss and overlook. In order to make the assumptions I listed earlier, one would then have to completely ignore the fact that Coates rewrote Wakandan culture just to carve out a space for Storm as the one true Hadari Yao. He literally uprooted the African Pantheon of gods just so he could place Storm amongst them. He didn’t take ANYTHING away from her to tell his story. All he did was add to her mythos. He never intended to take away her mutant status. He’s only ever paid homage to it. Every aspect of her character receives love in his books.

Coates has T’Challa tell Ramonda that Storm was once queen of WAKANDA and that she will always be tied to his lands. People don’t get it. Now Storm is actually staking her claim as the First Lady of Wakanda. Here in this very issue, he good sis Ororo minced no words as she told Nakia that she considers Wakanda HER nation. She knows within herself that NO OTHER WOMAN can give T’Challa what she has to offer. Even in that understanding, Ororo knows that Nakia offers him something she cannot. We get many references to her power, which I love, but the woman shines through more than anything. Ororo is a woman of ungodly power, but her greatest strength is her humanity. The Hadari Yao as written by Coates is a woman with grace, class, wit, honor, intellect and an emotional maturity that puts her peers to shame. Even while, she recognized Nakia as a woman that loves the same man she does, she’s too self aware to reflect feelings of insecurity at Nakia. There’s no point. Storm embraces her like the black woman deserving of her mutual respect. She approaches her as an equal. She recognizes that as humans we have different things that speak to our personalities and we have different relationships that push us to reach our greatest potential. I’m over the moon with this version of Storm because this is also the woman from Fearless and Hickman’s X-men. Hadari Yao is FOREVER which means her ties and connection to both T’Challa and Wakanda are never to be taken away from her. Coates has made that abundantly clear and I couldn’t be anymore ecstatic about that. Talk about putting the X-men books to shame! Shout out to Coates for acknowledging that Ororo has ONE reason to be at odds with Nakia (over T’Challa’s heart), but a thousand more reason to embrace her fellow black woman under the bonds of sisterhood. Black sisterly love, black brotherly love, black fatherly love, black motherly love, black romantic love, black platonic love and every other type of black love is all over these pages!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Me too. I literally saw the shift in writing as soon as Tchalla couldn't get to bed that night.
    Given the spoilers it seems that Storm has not given up yet. But sooner than later it feels like this Relationship is coming to an end....and that's life.

You out grow people and in Storm's case she has outgrown T'Challa. She's a God and a very important member to Mutant Society.

Due to her ties with Wakanda i'm sure Storm will be there for T'Challa, but their Relationship is POSSIBLY(I HOPE) is coming to a close.

I've always been 50/50 when it comes to Coates writing.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Terrance I will give a detailed response to your post when I get a moment but your post is why I need to read the issue for myself. I'm on my way to my lcs now and I trust your analysis!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Please do. I would post scans, but I'm not exactly sure how to post them.from comixology. Once you read it I can go into greater detail about why a breakup is completely ridiculous when their only status has been "complicated." Coates clearly had Storm establish that titles (Hadari Yao, King, Queen, Goddess, boyfriend or girlfriend) are meaningless to them and their shared bond. How could two people with no official title then breakup? If that's the case, I'm going to resign from my first job as president of the United States.

Hmm haven't read it yet but dont know how I feel about this, it does feel like its the beginning of the end of their relationship.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Terrance I will give a detailed response to your post when I get a moment but your post is why I need to read the issue for myself. I'm on my way to my lcs now and I trust your analysis!!

You definitely need to read it for yourself, so you can draw your own conclusions.Trust me, I'm not going to debate whether this BP #17 issue is a foreshadowing of negative things to come for Ororo and T'Challa as a couple because I do want Coates to continue pursuing their relationship. So, yeah, check it out. That will make for a better conversation for those of us who support the pairing and have had an opportunity to read the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Please do. I would post scans, but I'm not exactly sure how to post them.from comixology. Once you read it I can go into greater detail about why a breakup is completely ridiculous when their only status has been "complicated." Coates clearly had Storm establish that titles (Hadari Yao, King, Queen, Goddess, boyfriend or girlfriend) are meaningless to them and their shared bond. How could two people with no official title then breakup? If that's the case, I'm going to resign from my first job as president of the United States.
    I haven't read yet but this post makes me think booty call, side piece, friends with benefits. But if they want to have an open relationship where both are getting theres i don't have a problem with it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Given the spoilers it seems that Storm has not given up yet. But sooner than later it feels like this Relationship is coming to an end....and that's life.

You out grow people and in Storm's case she has outgrown T'Challa. She's a God and a very important member to Mutant Society.

Due to her ties with Wakanda i'm sure Storm will be there for T'Challa, but their Relationship is POSSIBLY(I HOPE) is coming to a close.

I've always been 50/50 when it comes to Coates writing.
    I doubt she's outgrown him godhood or not. If it's over then they'll both be fine.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post

They can break up because they are in a committed relationship. Until Coates' time travel story, BP had no feelings for or was emotionally involved with anyone other than Ororo. Ororo also told T'Challa, in the same issue she mentioned not letting titles come between them, that she was forever his and he was all hers. He agreed by sealing her statement with a kiss. So, they are in a romantic relationship which can definitely come to an end--a break up. That issue was over a year ago. Out of Ororo and Nakia's entire exchange, the most problematic part was when Ororo admitted that she didn't know if T'Challa and Nakia were over. Wow. We cannot ignore that line. That has to hurt like hell, especially since she also admitted having never loved any man the man she loves T'Challa. Whatever he told her during his confession left her feeling uncertain but clearly not uncertain enough to end things with him right then and there. But doubt remains. I think Ororo was being brutally honest.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-30-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Niffleheim

A discussion about a love triangle in regards to Ororo is the most ridiculous of things. It doesn't even deserve a mention - I truly hope the end is nigh for this relationship.

Astonishing Member

Haven’t read the issue yet but if signs point to a break up I can live with it. I think for all the flaws of his run, Coates did a genuinely solid job resetting T’Challa and Storm’s relationship. They have a better understanding of each other and their respective worlds and now that they’ve affirmed their eternal love they can take a break. The fact Storm’s worshipped in Wakanda (whether the X-office chooses to recognize it or not) gives her a permanent entry point into future stories and I’m sure they’ll interact later down the line as the new X-Men status quo builds up.