Page 430 of 662 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 9921
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    But mutants are mankind as well, that's the problem right there
    The way Hickman is writing the two they are separate groups engaging in an evolutionary conflict or war .

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The way Hickman is writing the two they are separate groups engaging in an evolutionary conflict or war .
    Good for him, but this hardly gospel and I don't really agree with this vision
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Other than Kittenheim's shytty code name for Rachel (why? Oh, Why didn't HiX-Man use Askani, instead?), it's pretty decent.
    I'll wait to read the entire issue before casting judgement...as there's probably more to the story than heroes in combat.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Actually, NO.

Her conviction here in this issue to me IMO...........IS STORM. THIS is the Storm I LOVE. I LOVE her and Scott working together. I LOVE how Storm warns Scott to be on the look out and then Scott has her back. I LOVE that stuff. To me THAT IS WHAT A TEAM SHOULD BE!!!!!! This is not a One man job. A Team Effort. And I love it.

But she does sound like XTAS though and that makes me smile....

I can understand what Duggan is saying. But again he knows how to write a Team Dynamic so i'm still excited.
    how can ororo have such an attitude towards humans yet protect those innocents in wakanda? that doesn't seem contradictory to you?

and yes it was nice to read lolol. I hope we get more than lightning lass too.

Baseline humans still need to protect themselves somehow, there is no lack of evil mutants and to expect humans to just surrender it's folly...... this is not about genetics, it's about the human spirit and the will to survive no matter the odds
    yea Hickman makes it clear in pox that the mutants ALWAYS lose. it seems like a hopeless battle no matter what they do. I'm wondering what humans will do to turn this around in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Reading the dialogue it seems like mutants have stopped seeing themselves as human or part of mankind. Ororo's voice, or anybody's voice, wont matter when Hickman's writing a character - he's going to push everyone to their limits.

Xavier, Magneto and Moira are hiding the truth from everyone in Krakoa (i chuckle at this name every time) which is why I'm ok with Scott and Ororo sounding militant and knowing how things will end for mutants kind of lulls me in to accepting their presence stance. Maybe Hickman will surprise us and have mutantkind win the war against mankind.
    that's the one thing that makes this dialogue make sense is that ultimately the mutants will lose and their efforts if trying do coexist have failed them.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

But mutants are mankind as well, that's the problem right there
    it's kinda like white supremacist hating other races of people. they at the end of it all are all human, yet their biases blind them to this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how can ororo have such an attitude towards humans yet protect those innocents in wakanda? that doesn't seem contradictory to you?

and yes it was nice to read lolol. I hope we get more than lightning lass too.
    No. Storm doesn't hate ALL humans where is that coming from? She's irritated and tired that machines of death are always being built. She's tired that she is consistently fighting the same battle. I see no contradictory here.

it's kinda like white supremacist hating other races of people. they at the end of it all are all human, yet their biases blind them to this.
    I'm all for stopping them but supremacist mutants are a problem as well and it's to be expected for humans to developp technological ways to defend themselves
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No. Storm doesn't hate ALL humans where is that coming from? She's irritated and tired that machines of death are always being built. She's tired that she is consistently fighting the same battle. I see no contradictory here.
    rereading the previews I guess you are right. I would be tired too hell lol.

I'm all for stopping them but supremacist mutants are a problem as well and it's to be expected for humans to developp technological ways to defend themselves
    I agree and they will have to be dealt with at some point. I'm just not sure I am ready to group storm in that lot.

rereading the previews I guess you are right. I would be tired too hell lol.

I agree and they will have to be dealt with at some point. I'm just not sure I am ready to group storm in that lot.
    She has not done anithing bad I just dislike the way hickman wrote her, she did not feel like ororo at all to me, that speech is over the top when it comes to my taste.

C'mon, we know how this starts. Bad humans doing bad isht. X-Men shut it down hard. Then some questionable things are going to happen and doubt starts to creep in.

Some people begin to take a hard look at some things. Meanwhile someone (or someones) is plotting to betray Krakoa. Who will it be?

Also, put me in the camp of people who don't think that Storm hates humans. Far from it. She loves all life. She's just tired of the hate.

She has not done anithing bad I just dislike the way hickman wrote her, she did not feel like ororo at all to me, that speech is over the top when it comes to my taste.

I'm not saying you are wrong here. I think there are some who may read this and say it's off. did you happen to ever read outback era storm? if so does this in anyway remind you of that chatacterization?

I'm not saying you are wrong here. I think there are some who may read this and say it's off. did you happen to ever read outback era storm? if so does this in anyway remind you of that chatacterization?
    Maybe I dont remember anymore but as of this moment I never had such strange vibes from spmething storm said.....especially under Claremont's pen, do you have aspecific panel in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    C'mon, we know how this starts. Bad humans doing bad isht. X-Men shut it down hard. Then some questionable things are going to happen and doubt starts to creep in.

Some people begin to take a hard look at some things. Meanwhile someone (or someones) is plotting to betray Krakoa. Who will it be?
    I definitely have my eyes on sinister. I dont trust him. perhaps also apocalypse. he sees something in the way things are ran that perceive them to be weak in his eyes. what about you?

Also, put me in the camp of people who don't think that Storm hates humans. Far from it. She loves all life. She's just tired of the hate.

yes I think this is a fair and correct observation.

BANNED

Right, that's what I said.

Storm is just tired of the consistent Bull Shit some people keep doing......