Page 431 of 662 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Maybe I dont remember anymore but as of this moment I never had such strange vibes from spmething storm said.....especially under Claremont's pen, do you have aspecific panel in mind?
    no worries beloved. I was thinking about that period when Ororo became ok with the idea of taking out threats before they could harm the xmen and even being ok with killing:

now I know some time after this she said she was wrong to have this type of philosophy (which seemed very hypocritical to me) but I am curious to see if you see any similarities here or do you think there is a difference?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no worries beloved. I was thinking about that period when Ororo became ok with the idea of taking out threats before they could harm the xmen and even being ok with killing:

now I know some time after this she said she was wrong to have this type of philosophy (which seemed very hypocritical to me) but I am curious to see if you see any similarities here or do you think there is a difference?
    Now that I remember that dialogue I can tell you it did not bother me as much because it did not feel like a matter of "mutants vs humans" it felt more about putting down any baddie for good and she was basicly brainstorming with logan.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Now that I remember that dialogue I can tell you it did not bother me as much because it did not feel like a matter of "mutants vs humans" it felt more about putting down any baddie for good and she was basicly brainstorming with logan.
    ok that's fair enough. it seems more when I reread it the dialogue was more about the orchis than all humans but I originally read it as you did too. so even still I think you have a point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Baseline humans still need to protect themselves somehow, there is no lack of evil mutants and to expect humans to just surrender it's folly...... this is not about genetics, it's about the human spirit and the will to survive no matter the odds
    Actually, there does seem to be a lack of evil mutants now. All of the major baddies are on Krakoa and have agreed to follow Krakoan law. If a mutant breaks the law, there will be dealt with and ultimately brought before the Silent Council for judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I definitely have my eyes on sinister. I dont trust him. perhaps also apocalypse. he sees something in the way things are ran that perceive them to be weak in his eyes. what about you?
    I got eyes on Mystique and Shaw, they always got some kind of game going on.

Apocalypse isn't deceitful, he just calls it out like he sees it. And he's cocky enough to tell you what he's going to do because you can't stop him.

I can see Sinister pulling some isht.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Actually, there does seem to be a lack of evil mutants now. All of the major baddies are on Krakoa and have agreed to follow Krakoan law. If a mutant breaks the law, there will be dealt with and ultimately brought before the Silent Council for judgment.
    The evil some of them did may be forgiven for now but it should never ever be forgotten.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    But that just sets up the playing field for new and different "Baddies". And that's certainly not a bad thing in my books. I had gotten tired of the same villains cropping up every other writer or so...inciting the same mutant on mutant war.
    Time for some new villain blood with new and different motivations.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I got eyes on Mystique and Shaw, they always got some kind of game going on.

Apocalypse isn't deceitful, he just calls it out like he sees it. And he's cocky enough to tell you what he's going to do because you can't stop him.

I can see Sinister pulling some isht.
    I forgot about Mystique. Once she finds out Destiny will not be brought back that may be the catalyst she needs to betray the krakoans. I didnt think Shaw would be an issue so long as he has power, money and status. I think he would actually do what it takes to not lose this type of power.

The evil some of them did may be forgiven for now but it should never ever be forgotten.
    I totally agree with this. I hope ororo smacks Emma the first chance she gets.

Looks like Storm and Cyclops are sick and tied (yes I spelled it as "tied")

Also, the good sis Celia Reyes is in this book.

Count me in as another person that doesn't think this sounds like Storm at all. It just reads really bad to me. I mentioned this in another thread, but the lead ups that led to these new extreme views were just non existent since Hickman came aboard, and because of that none of this feels natural to me. Everyone's attitudes are too singular and similar. If there was more nuance, more internal conflict about these views, it would be easier to swallow. But there hasn't been any of that. And yeah, poor Storm. Every interview that comes out about the books she's featured in, you always hear the same characters being talked up and being said they are the writer's favorite. It's never her. I wish I could get a sense of passion for the character from the people in charge, but I never get that. She always seems like an afterthought.
    Last edited by Saturius; 10-10-2019 at 03:25 PM.

"Man should know when he is beaten" sounded off to me.

We don't know were this is? Considering she is a govt. official now, by attacking this lab, if its in another country, would that be an act of war?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

We don't know were this is? Considering she is a govt. official now, by attacking this lab, if its in another country, would that be an act of war?
    It's a little stiff. Sounds like Storm from the animated series. I think they just throw out a generic line that they think someone would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Count me in as another person that doesn't think this sounds like Storm at all. It just reads really bad to me. I mentioned this in another thread, but the lead ups that led to these new extreme views were just non existent since Hickman came aboard, and because of that none of this feels natural to me. Everyone's attitudes are too singular and similar. If there was more nuance, more internal conflict about these views, it would be easier to swallow. But there hasn't been any of that. And yeah, poor Storm. Every interview that comes out about the books she's featured in, you always hear the same characters being talked up and being said they are the writer's favorite. It's never her. I wish I could get a sense of passion for the character from the people in charge, but I never get that. She always seems like an afterthought.
    He kind of did the same thing in New Avengers. Many characters were written as ooc. Smart people not seeking input from other geniuses to solve a universal threat?

Really didn't make sense.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Krakoa is a nation now so yes it will be an act of war but since they have shown how useless and susceptible to manipulation from telepaths UN is there's no point dwelling on the act unless Hickman makes them prepared next time telepaths show up again to mind f*** them

Precogs can easily find a home in the UN which will make them avoid another mind attack
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-10-2019 at 04:32 PM.