Page 392 of 662 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

do you know the issue number and book where iceman asked storm for help? I've been looking for those scans for ages and cant find it.
    X-Men(1991) issue #48.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    X-Men(1991) issue #48.
    thnks boo...

10char
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    True. Honestly, they may not even say anything about it.
    But after reading Marvel Invaders #9 and PoX #5 and actually knowing the purpose for Marauders.....it's possible that Wakanda and Krakoa may end up coming to blows.
    Now idk if I see them coming to blows because what Krakoa is growing into seems to be OP so it'd be boring tbh unless theres major build-up to Krakoa vs anyone.
    You never know though but Charles seems to be intent and focused on the building of Krakoa and the ressurection/return-home for mutants.

I'm interested to see how Krakoa maneuvers and moves and interested in certain mutants coming back.
    I love drama, FRESH drama so I'm sure Charles will do something on that island to UPSET the girls, especially the Avengers lmao.

thnks boo...

10char
    Here you go.

Attachment 87607
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

What more should be doing though? I dont understand the complaint. Tchalla supporter Jean in when she was looking to start a mutant nation. Are you wanting him to accept Krakoa as a nation even though it harbors mutants who are villains and will potentially have villains on its council?

To Ororo, what status is greater than being a God to an entire nation? This directly occurred because Tchalla encouraged her to believe something she had been told many times she wasnt.

Tchallas biggest duty is to the people of Wakanda. If those people happen to be mutant and or human he helps them. And again he has helped mutants. See xmen red for the most recent example of this. And as others have said these characters dont write themselves. Coates being respectful of using ororo while the xoffices diesnt follow suit is the result of the xoffices seeing they allowed Coates to use the character.

agreed to this!
    I think coates get it an is starting and he can't do much in the middle of the story but it was smart to mention x-men business and have Storm in her X-costume for the first time in the book since the crew issues, thats a long time. It's not really on him either it's on the editor but if the editor isn't showing up he needs to get in front of it and gently push the x-offices the same way they are mentioning wakanda. It's not about disrupting a story of another writer but making sure you cover your bases so another writer or x-office can't derail what your doing. IF he wants the HAdari Yao referenced in X-men, then show the x-men showing up and seeing it. We now know that cyclops, jean whoever saw it, bam it's on them now cause the people who read now have the material to be like "naw you can't come for Ro/Tchalla like that because in this panel he and storm are on great terms and he understands she's not ready to speak on karoka and she understands his country can't support it with no information. It doesn't have to dominate a book. Though i can't stand gold that was a good example in that in one page you forced that connection not to the fans but to the other offices and let them drop the ball if they want.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I dont think that writer is appropriate to reference. in fact his entire run was written to troll the work Coates was doing in BP. While Coates was writing Tchalla and Ororo in a loving relationship who was worshipped as a true goddess in Wakanda, Guggs was writing her kiss randoms like Gambit while making statements she could only be a true God with a white Norse God hammer.
    I was only using that panel as a narrow example of how the two parts of her could be linked, if an X-writer chose to show her connection to Wakanda and BP. I'm not talking about ways in which their relationship or Coates' use of her could be subverted. I didn't read X-Men Gold beyond the 3 issues dedicated to the resurrection of Ororo's parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I fully agree with this. I also think it would calm the fires that have been going off for the more pro-human X-fans. Since many of the arguments against what the X-men have been doing have been “but not ALL humans are responsible”. What they don’t understand is that the human governments who initiate, fund, and support mutant detection/hunting robots would only do so with popular support from the public. Not full support mind you. But something akin to the percentage of people who would’ve been on board for marriage equality if it had come to the ballot in let’s say 1995. It’s not long enough ago to where it would be a landslide defeat. But it would’ve been a good 70-30 in favor of traditional marriage. Therefore nobody in the lgbt would have valid public binding relationships because of it. I’d say a good 65-70% of the public is probably anti-mutant rights. With the 30% being people who have been bold and open enough to actually get to know, experience, and develop a rapport with mutants. To see them for what they are and not fear them for what they represent or “could” be. So even though maybe only 65% of people are actually anti-mutant, the fact that it’s a majority public opinion would give the bigots and fear mongers who are in a position of power enough sway to get these murder machines green-lighted. Just like I would never make the argument that ALL police men and women are racially biased and act inappropriately and unfairly when in the field. I would actually say that majority of people who work for PDs are upstanding citizens who join to make a difference. That doesn’t matter though when the system reinforces the protection and cover up of the ones who do abuse their power with their implicit biases against people. Just because all humans aren’t anti mutant doesn’t change the fact that human based governments have enough public support and power to outright murder mutants consistently throughout the years. When people say that mutants are “racist” against humans for disliking them in generality at times, that’s what I feel like they dont understand. It doesn’t really matter if you as an individual are a more enlightened human and are in support of mutant rights and against mutant persecution. That’s amazing and you yourself are a better person than most because of it. But that doesn’t change the fact that the human systems of power have been at war against mutants since their inception. That’s also why I believe you are absolutely right that their should be more “progressive” in-world representation of humans and especially super-humans that are out and openly pro-mutant rights. I think that would portray a more realistic and balanced approach to the matter than the idea that “all humans are anti-mutant trash”. That doesn’t do anyone any good. We should show the divide in the public between those who are allies and those who aren’t because that would make humanity’s side much more sympathetic. And super-humans showing support in their positions of power in the superhero community is something that X-fans have been asking for for a very long time.
    That's not entirely true. Governments do all kinds of isht without the support of the majority of it's people. Things are done by governments where the public has no knowledge. Are there biased, racist and prejudiced people in the world? Of course. But there are also people who love and care for people of all walks of life.

My issue is that we don't see enough of the latter and way too much of the former. Marvel has gone all in with the all humans hate mutants.

Let's turn this around for a second. Do all mutants hate humans? Does every mutant truly hate humans? No, you don't see that in the X-books. In the current X-Men version of the Marvel U, humans are the enemy, not some but nearly all. If you are not a mutant supporter, then you are the enemy. This kind of writing and view point can't sustain itself for long because over a period of time it becomes a depressing read.

thanks for sharing boo. of all the summaries I thought Emma's was the most interesting. it seems that all her deception from the past won't be ignored by team. Emma from what I recall has a good relationship with iceman so I'm thinking the most pushback would come from both kitty and ororo.

however as much as I would like to until I see more of an effort by the xoffices to acknowledge coates work I think I'm going to sit this series out.
    Same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Will catch up and comment later. Just sharing (nothing exciting) a link from Marvel on Marauders.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-the-marauders
    No mention of Storm's leadership...
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-28-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's not entirely true. Governments do all kinds of isht without the support of the majority of it's people. Things are done by governments where the public has no knowledge. Are there biased, racist and prejudiced people in the world? Of course. But there are also people who love and care for people of all walks of life.

My issue is that we don't see enough of the latter and way too much of the former. Marvel has gone all in with the all humans hate mutants.

Let's turn this around for a second. Do all mutants hate humans? Does every mutant truly hate humans? No, you don't see that in the X-books. In the current X-Men version of the Marvel U, humans are the enemy, not some but nearly all. If you are not a mutant supporter, then you are the enemy. This kind of writing and view point can't sustain itself for long because over a period of time it becomes a depressing read.
    Funnily enough, T'Challa's support for mutants did wonders for Wakanda. Lol!

For me, it all boils down to whether writers are genuinely interested in building world's where characters within the MU interact on all levels regardless of what their genetics are without feeling the need to pit those characters against each other for the flimsiest reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

For me, it all boils down to whether writers are genuinely interested in building world's where characters within the MU interact on all levels regardless of what their genetics are without feeling the need to pit those characters against each other for the flimsiest reasons.
    That's what it boils down to. Writer's not giving effort or not caring and just taking the easy route. It's easy to write all humans as racists than to show that there are humans who don't share that view.

Of all Xavier's students, no one believed in his dream more than Storm. But with the current depiction of Xavier and the X-Men, it's like that dream never existed and it should really make her question exactly what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Same boat.

Yep. just adds to my jaded skepticism about the book. Outside her position of the Quiet Council, which is vert early in its presentment I don’t know Storm’s basis or role in this series. The covers are amazing and tempting me to buy it for them alone, but I’m not getting this series. Ill wait consider the fandom reaction 1st.

Like this is indicative of X-Men canon (Storm training Iceman for example), her presence/agency possibly being of value to them team, and her powerful and experienced (diplomacy, strategy , master thief, h2h expertise), but I’ll go by the receipts.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 09-28-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

I totally noticed that. I'm still waiting for Cyclops to take a backseat on a Bishop led team. I won't hold my breath. I'm gonna tune in for the first issue. The premise sounds too good for me not to. I'm at least giving it a chance. That's something I didn't do for gold. Never bought an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

You highlight some pretty good talking points for me. How many mutant specific villains have attacked Wakanda now? Namor not included. And where's the demand for more mutant friendly black males that happen to be human? I know Storm personally has shared experiences with many of these types of men in her solo adventures or the ones focusing on her personal life, but where are these allies in the team setting? What black male has done more for mutants in general than T'Challa? Do Bishop's contributions to the X-Men and the mutant agenda even stack up to BP?

BANNED

That's what it boils down to. Writer's not giving effort or not caring and just taking the easy route. It's easy to write all humans as racists than to show that there are humans who don't share that view.

Of all Xavier's students, no one believed in his dream more than Storm. But with the current depiction of Xavier and the X-Men, it's like that dream never existed and it should really make her question exactly what's going on.
    That's if her mind and or body hasn't been tampered with. Is Ororo a POD-cast?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Now idk if I see them coming to blows because what Krakoa is growing into seems to be OP so it'd be boring tbh unless theres major build-up to Krakoa vs anyone.
    You never know though but Charles seems to be intent and focused on the building of Krakoa and the ressurection/return-home for mutants.

I'm interested to see how Krakoa maneuvers and moves and interested in certain mutants coming back.
    I love drama, FRESH drama so I'm sure Charles will do something on that island to UPSET the girls, especially the Avengers lmao.

Yes, I like the Drama too. That’s why this Team Makes so much sense. So far I don’t think it will be Krakoa vs the World. There’s potential, but I doubt it would lead to that. Especially, given Namor calling Charles bluff and literally, reading him up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Yep. just adds to my jaded skepticism about the book. Outside her position of the Quiet Council, which is vert early in its presentment I don’t know Storm’s basis or role in this series. The covers are amazing and tempting me to buy it for them alone, but I’m not getting this series. Ill wait consider the fandom reaction 1st.

Like this is indicative of X-Men canon (Storm training Iceman for example), her presence/agency possibly being of value to them team, and her powerful and experienced (diplomacy, strategy , master thief, h2h expertise), but I’ll go by the receipts.
    That’s why you have to read the Book First lol.

We haven’t gotten any information other than covers and solicitation information. If we go off of what we know now, Storm seems to have a Big Role due to her addressing the entirety of Krakoa. Hell, she’s probably the spoke person of Krakoa. I’ve been trying to understand the few fans who are sitting this book out(which is totally fine) but the reasons don’t quite make sense. I would suggest for you Wind Rider to read at least 2-3 issues to see if this is for you. Waiting to decide if you wanna read this book based on Fandom Reaction isn’t ideal. Half of us like Marauders and the other half are not interested. Then we have the fans from Twitter and YouTubers(from what I’ve seen at least) seem to be excited for this book coming out. Not to mention the writer for the Book is really good at writing a huge team dynamic.

It’s just a suggestion, but you should give the book at least 2-3 issues and then Decide....instead of relying on Fandom Reaction.......
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-28-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this is actually why I believe Xavier is controlling the minds of some of the inhabitants of Krakoa. I dont believe ororo would be totally aligned with the politics of Xavier.

Same boat.

well you know who that is reserved for.. cyclops and wolverine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I was only using that panel as a narrow example of how the two parts of her could be linked, if an X-writer chose to show her connection to Wakanda and BP. I'm not talking about ways in which their relationship or Coates' use of her could be subverted. I didn't read X-Men Gold beyond the 3 issues dedicated to the resurrection of Ororo's parents.
    I gotcha and it's good u stopped reading that mess before you got too far into weeds of it. it was hot horse $h!t!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think coates get it an is starting and he can't do much in the middle of the story but it was smart to mention x-men business and have Storm in her X-costume for the first time in the book since the crew issues, thats a long time. It's not really on him either it's on the editor but if the editor isn't showing up he needs to get in front of it and gently push the x-offices the same way they are mentioning wakanda. It's not about disrupting a story of another writer but making sure you cover your bases so another writer or x-office can't derail what your doing. IF he wants the HAdari Yao referenced in X-men, then show the x-men showing up and seeing it. We now know that cyclops, jean whoever saw it, bam it's on them now cause the people who read now have the material to be like "naw you can't come for Ro/Tchalla like that because in this panel he and storm are on great terms and he understands she's not ready to speak on karoka and she understands his country can't support it with no information. It doesn't have to dominate a book. Though i can't stand gold that was a good example in that in one page you forced that connection not to the fans but to the other offices and let them drop the ball if they want.

I hope we see hadari Yao but I just am not confident thsts something the xoffices care to mention. anytime readers ask about coates or hadari yao, or her and black panther they dodge the question. if the interest was there they would just say it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!