Page 394 of 662 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 9921

Omega Level Mutant: A mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register -- or reach -- an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification.
    For Example: Both Magneto and Forge are the most powerful mutants of their power types on the planet Earth [Magnetism and Technopathy, respectively], but what Makes Magneto, and not Forge, an Omega level mutant is that the upper limit of Forge's measurable powers could hypothetically be surpassed [and, in fact, has by multiple humans on the planet], while the upper limit of Magneto's power cannot be surpassed in any measurable fashion.
    Does Storm recent Omega status (especially, the way its been defined now) put her weather manipulationb abilities above Mjölnir.

Note: I'm NOT saying Thor as his weather powers have not been fully explored without using Mjölnir.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Sorry. I'm not a pirate fan. Pirates to me are running from the law and stealing/killing people on ships.

If this was a space adventurer i could go with it but on Earth, i see no reason for it. Especially when Storm and Iceman can travel around the world in seconds/minutes. Plus Krakoa has an active teleportation system...making sailing the sea seems unnecessary.

Not a fan of Kitty as leader. Especially, not a fan of Kitty as Storm's leader...sorry Gold still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Again, if you and others give it a good review. I'll check it out.
    Have you watched One Piece? I'm not a pirate fan but One Piece made me one

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Have you watched One Piece? I'm not a pirate fan but One Piece made me one
    Yes. I'm more a characters fan of the show. Love me some Zoro and Robin.

BANNED

Sorry. I'm not a pirate fan. Pirates to me are running from the law and stealing/killing people on ships.

If this was a space adventurer i could go with it but on Earth, i see no reason for it. Especially when Storm and Iceman can travel around the world in seconds/minutes. Plus Krakoa has an active teleportation system...making sailing the sea seems unnecessary.

Not a fan of Kitty as leader. Especially, not a fan of Kitty as Storm's leader...sorry Gold still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Then this book is not for you. So, don’t bother to pick it up, nor read or listen to any reviews. Your mind is clearly set on not liking the book due to specific things regardless of it being good.

Just like User: Devaishwarya said “A Good review does not change the fact you loathe the premise”
    So, don’t even bother.....the book isn’t for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You do know...us giving it a good review does not change the fact that you loathe the premise. So...Our possibly "good reviews" should not matter to you.
    I agree.
    I think those who rather rely on Fandom Reviews(which doesn’t make sense to me) even though they have expressed how much they don’t like the Book or Team or Premise. Shouldn’t bother at all........

They will have to wait for the next round of DoX Titles to come out and hope Storm is in a better Book or leads a Team. Or Just Read Black Panther that seems like it comes out Once a Month........
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-29-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Then this book is not for you. So, don’t bother to pick it up, nor read or listen to any reviews. Your mind is clearly set on not liking the book due to specific things regardless of it being good.

Just like User: Devaishwarya said “A Good review does not change the fact you loathe the premise”
    So, don’t even bother.....the book isn’t for you.

I agree.
    I think those who rather rely on Fandom Reviews(which doesn’t make sense to me) even though they have expressed how much they don’t like the Book or Team or Premise. Shouldn’t bother at all........

They will have to wait for the next round of DoX Titles to come out and hope Storm is in a better Book or leads a Team. Or Just Read Black Panther that seems like it comes out Once a Month........
    Good points.

BANNED

I'm a proud 90's R&B fan so rightfully Brandy untouchable as far as I'm concerned. I just came across her new single Freedom Rings. Baaaaabbbbbbyyyyyy... I picture this song playing during the ending credits of Storm's solo movie. Brandy is singing her face off!

https://youtu.be/3qwARoDzAI8

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I'm a proud 90's R&B fan so rightfully Brandy untouchable as far as I'm concerned. I just came across her new single Freedom Rings. Baaaaabbbbbbyyyyyy... I picture this song playing during the ending credits of Storm's solo movie. Brandy is singing her face off!

https://youtu.be/3qwARoDzAI8
    Its funny listening to how far her voice has grown from her "I wanna be down" days

BANNED

Its funny listening to how far her voice has grown from her "I wanna be down" days

Yes!!!!!! I've been listening to this woman since I could remember. I wanted to sing everything she did. I probably became aware of Brandy and Storm roughly around the same times I'd wager.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    YÂ’know what it..itÂ’s ok. Just wait till the next round of DoX and hope Storm has a better role.
    Your mind is also clearly set. Marauders could be a Good Book or a Bad one your response tells me it doesnÂ’t matter. So, itÂ’s ok DonÂ’t bother at all........
    Firstly - pump your brakes SP. I think this is the 3rd time you changed your reply, which sounds ridiculous, and comes off all kinds of salty for whatever reason. If you are sold on the book thatÂ’s fine, but donÂ’t think for a second youÂ’re going to dictate to me whether I will get the book or wait for another book lol. IÂ’m assuming you arenÂ’t trying to come off all frustrated and condescending but that how your post sounds. My reasoning isnÂ’t rocket science so it shouldnÂ’t be that hard to comprehend, and if you disagree with it...thatÂ’s fine *shrugs*. IÂ’ve yet to see anyone asking you to take it upon yourself to convince fans to buy the book before making a decision. ThatÂ’s the beauty of it not being up to you.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

There are even people here that take the same approach to BP. It's the nature of shared fandoms in the comic book community. Not everyone falls head over heels in love with certain premises. We all kinda do it in our own ways. One fan sees something they like or don't and they bring it to their fellow fans to gauge communal reactions. I've done the same in the past with Astonishing X-Men, WatX, X-Force and X-men Gold. Fan reaction pushed me to keep reading Astonishing. That and Bianchi's Storm. Lol WatX and X-force I bought sporadically and I gave gold a wide birth. Certain fans like certain things. I tend lean more towards stories that depict Storm in grand OP fashion. Marauders appears to follow that type of setup so I'm all aboard.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Does Storm recent Omega status (especially, the way its been defined now) put her weather manipulationb abilities above Mjölnir.

Note: I'm NOT saying Thor as his weather powers have not been fully explored without using Mjölnir.
    I would say that it would definitely put her in a position to go beyond whatever mjolnir can do. however, as we know potential doesnt equate to actual feats so we will have to see to what extent Hickman is going to explore her abilities.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Don't feel bad. I am in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. Not thrilled with the Marauders concept. And again it looks like the usual suspects are going to be front and center driving the story. If Storm hadn't been so crap x wise the past 15ish years, I might be more optimistic. But everything I see on the horizon so far feels very hollow. Her not being a leader is still laughable and we will see if anything comes out of herspoilers:
    being on the council
    end of spoilersbut given past history, I am doubtful.

The franchise has been reinvigorated, but Storm has not for me yet. I still feel no passion for the character from the creative team.
    Last edited by Saturius; 09-29-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    There are even people here that take the same approach to BP. It's the nature of shared fandoms in the comic book community. Not everyone falls head over heels in love with certain premises. We all kinda do it in our own ways. One fan sees something they like or don't and they bring it to their fellow fans to gauge communal reactions. I've done the same in the past with Astonishing X-Men, WatX, X-Force and X-men Gold. Fan reaction pushed me to keep reading Astonishing. That and Bianchi's Storm. Lol WatX and X-force I bought sporadically and I gave gold a wide birth. Certain fans like certain things. I tend lean more towards stories that depict Storm in grand OP fashion. Marauders appears to follow that type of setup so I'm all aboard.
    I'm going to be very biased here and say that I'd prefer that Storm lead a team. With her knowledge, experience and leadership skills, really doesn't make sense why she isn't.

I'll have to amend my earlier comments about not reading X-books. I did read Remender's X-Force which I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Don't feel bad. I am in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. Not thrilled with the Marauders concept. And again it looks like the usual suspects are going to be front and center driving the story. If Storm hadn't been so crap x wise the past 15ish years, I might be more optimistic. But everything I see on the horizon so far feels very hollow. Her not being a leader is still laughable and we will see if anything comes out of herspoilers:
    being on the council
    end of spoilersbut given past history, I am doubtful.

The franchise has been reinvigorated, but Storm has not for me yet. I still feel no passion for the character from the creative team.
    That part is a bit of news. Let's hope it means something.

I'll put this in spoilers just in case:

spoilers:
    With the revelations about mutant resurrections, Storm has never been killed(as far as I recall) so she's the original. How does she feel, knowing that many of her friends are clones and not the originals? How does she feel about being resurrected as a clone if she were to die?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That part is a bit of news. Let's hope it means something.

I'll put this in spoilers just in case:

spoilers:
    With the revelations about mutant resurrections, Storm has never been killed(as far as I recall) so she's the original. How does she feel, knowing that many of her friends are clones and not the originals? How does she feel about being resurrected as a clone if she were to die?
    end of spoilers
    I don’t know that the X-men necessarily see them as “clones” tbh. At least in the way that they’re accustomed to. I believe they’re genuinely supposed to see the biological “husks” and quite literally a new body grown to the exact specifications of their last one, via The Five and more specifically Proteus’ reality warping. After all genetic codes/dna is unique to every living creature. Once X downloads their consciousness, essence, and anima into the husk I believe they would essentially be the “same” person they were before by any measurable context. Where as Madelyne was a biological clone of Jean with none of her essence, these “new” X-men are being imbued with the full essence of the person they were before their death. So I don’t really see them as just “clones” per se but as reanimated versions of themselves. At least with the information we’ve been given this far.

I do expect/want to hear the specifics of where Storm lies on this however. I think it is a bit of a moral/ethical dilemma, but only for some. I would personally do it myself if the hypothetical opportunity arose. To have my exact consciousness downloaded into an exact(or improved i.e scars, ailments, general wear and tear) genetic copy would be wonderful. A series called Altered Carbon dove into this exact dilemma before and I thought it was a super interesting story/situation to think about. I can definitely see how a lot of people more on the spiritual/religious side of things would be weirded by the concept of not inhabiting their original birth body but to me, scientifically, if we’re taking the resurrection process at its word so far, I would have no qualms with it. It would be interesting to to see Ororo’s perception of it though. On one hand I could see her thinking negatively of it because of its deviation from “nature” as we know it. However on the other hand, as long as the individual is in agreement with their resurrection, I could see her thinking that the choice of it is what is actually important. Especially after seeing so many of her friends die over the years for stupid and hateful reasons.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 09-29-2019 at 03:06 PM.